It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:43

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 31 Mar 2019, 13:26

migookman, I think it's official: I love you. Thanks for keeping this alive while I've been completely MIA for over three months, now. I'm in the process right now of transferring everything from my previous laptop to my current one, which will allow me to get the updating back up and running. Not sure if I'll be done today or tomorrow, though, 'cause it's over 50,000 files, and about 25GB to transfer and sort and set up. But, I just wanted to let you know that your work isn't for nothing. I'll be getting it back up and running within the next couple of days.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby migookman » 06 Apr 2019, 21:28

migookman

Postby addict insane » 07 Apr 2019, 13:36

Cards that still need a bit of debugging:

Elvish Clancaller ability has the wwrong cost
Resplendent Angel is making imageless angel tokens, though the mechanics are fine.
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria now works except that its token is imageless.
The Gitrog Monster should activate its card draw whenever a land enters your graveyard from anywhere. So far it only does it from the playing field, not through discard.

Successfully fixed cards:
Steel-Leaf Champion
Commune with Dinosaurs
Karn, Scion of Urza (image is still out of scale)

I'll keep updating as I keep testing.
addict insane

Postby Zambooo » 07 Apr 2019, 21:56

addict insane wrote:Cards that still need a bit of debugging:

Elvish Clancaller ability has the wwrong cost
Resplendent Angel is making imageless angel tokens, though the mechanics are fine.
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria now works except that its token is imageless.
The Gitrog Monster should activate its card draw whenever a land enters your graveyard from anywhere. So far it only does it from the playing field, not through discard.
Should be all fixed
Zambooo

Postby Poopenshnapples » 14 Apr 2019, 23:03

Thank You so much to all of you modders! :D
Poopenshnapples

Postby LexilconCondran » 23 Apr 2019, 08:23

Is there any mod out there to fix mana pool tapping issues/lag caused with the custom manapool tapping mod? or is there a mod to fix the 2 headed giant syncing lag, that causes players to not to be able to play cards, my friend and i wanna play, but way to often the game will sync and block us from casting cards, it happens after we play a card, or some cards cause it alot

or even a mod to allow us to save our card setups for modded decks
#-o "I Dont Know What to Do with my Life"

[-o< "So here iam"
LexilconCondran

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Apr 2019, 10:44

LexilconCondran wrote:Is there any mod out there to fix mana pool tapping issues/lag caused with the custom manapool tapping mod?
Unfortunately, no this is not possible without rewriting the DotP engine.

LexilconCondran wrote:or is there a mod to fix the 2 headed giant syncing lag, that causes players to not to be able to play cards, my friend and i wanna play, but way to often the game will sync and block us from casting cards, it happens after we play a card, or some cards cause it alot
Sync problems are usually due to either WADs being different between the players or from having a large amount of mods. Trimming things down to just what is necessary to play together usually does help, but can often be difficult to identify and manage.

To fix it for everything would require engine modifications (which we can't do because we don't have DotP source or proper knowledge/motivation to do more extensive reverse engineering).

LexilconCondran wrote:or even a mod to allow us to save our card setups for modded decks
This actually used to work with DotP 2010, but they broke this with later DotP engines (due to fixed size profiles). This would also require engine modifications.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Apr 2019, 15:42

If the only mod you're using is the Community Wad, then there's actually a tool for trimming things down to only what's necessary for the specific decks you're using. It's not the most intuitive, but it can reduce things from several gigabytes to a couple of hundred megabytes.

1: Put the tool into your game folder. (If your game folder is in your program files folder, then put this all somewhere else.)
2: Make two subfolders. "Decks" and "Gibbed Tools".
3: In the decks folder, place all of the decks you want to use.
4: In the other folder, place all of the files from the Gibbed Tools download. (Gibbed Tools can be found in the public folder).
5: Make sure that the CW core and the CW art files are all in your game folder. (Or in the folder you're using if you had to put the tool elsewhere.)
6: Run the program. It should ask you for a custom name if you want to use one, but I'd leave it as the default.
7: It should let you know how it progresses. When it's done, it should have made a file named "DATA_DLC_CW_LITE.WAD" (or whatever custom name you gave it.)

Your game folder will then need the lite wad just made and any decks you want to use. Your friend will need those exact same files. This can help reduce load times and the strain the game takes when trying to create and maintain a multiplayer connection. It's not perfect, though. If it still turns out too large, try using fewer decks and rerunning the tool.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby LexilconCondran » 23 Apr 2019, 20:37

i wish That Wizards of the cost would just get together to make an all around every card Dotp game that lets us make decks however we wanted, with any cards from 1993 - 2019.
Imagine a Dotp game that just lets people play any game mode, and any cards
1 v 1, free for all, 2 headed giant, planechase, Archenemy, Commander.
it would be nice if it had all the cards ever made, with coins earned from playing to unlock packs that grant 7-5 cards or something, or just freely let people make whatever.

its what i wished would happen, but 2015, arena, and duels failed that
and 2014's sealed play... just sucked

[-o< "So here iam"
LexilconCondran

Postby LexilconCondran » 24 Apr 2019, 12:09

https(dot)//mtgcardsmith(dot)com/account/sets/41049

not trying to spam or anything, just wanted to share the 14 custom cards i made

[-o< "So here iam"
LexilconCondran

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Apr 2019, 21:48

The Community Wad Renamer (really needs to be renamed to "Repacker" or something) has a new feature for any modder with write-access to the GD Working Tools folder. You can now edit the "Community Wad Renamer.ini" file's "RepackNow" field in order to force a repack early. This can be useful if you fix a major issue and need it to repack immediately. No need to ask me for it, just set it to "Core" (no quotes), and it'll begin a repack within one minute. It can have 5 settings:
Core - Repacks the core wad.
Art - Repacks the art wad normally (meaning only the update if that's all that's needed).
ArtMain - Repacks the main art wads, even if the Art Update file hasn't reached its limit.
Both - Core and Art.
BothMain - Core and ArtMain.

Repacking ArtMain produces over 2.5 GBs of data to be processed, uploaded from my computer, and then downloaded to others' computers, plus 2.5 GBs of data in my GD trash (there's plenty of room in there, so that's not much of an issue). So, please use discretion when repacking main. Always repack art normally if you don't have a specific reason to repack the main art files.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Poopenshnapples » 04 May 2019, 11:07

Maybe it is something on my end, but with the new "DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE.wad" I get Crash To Desktop evberytime I try to load the game.

Were any existing cards possibly renamed or removed?
Poopenshnapples

PreviousNext

Return to 2014