Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby nivmizzet1 » 08 Aug 2020, 05:47

Nezumi Shortfang is not flipping
nivmizzet1

Postby DagonDraconis » 08 Aug 2020, 19:07

RiiakShiNal wrote:
DagonDraconis wrote:I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, also as well if this was answered before.

I am having issues with the CW in Magic 2014 DOTP. Decks do not appear in game, and I'm pretty sure it's my fault however I deemed it better to ask those with more knowledge.

I added the Core 7zip files, then both of the Art 7zip files. I downloaded the entire Community Deck wad and put the 3 "Apostle Hustle" deck files into what I presume is the game folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Magic 2014) However nothing changes in the game, So I must have done something wrong but I cannot find what. If anyone can assist me I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Did you remember to add the [link]WAD Signature Check DLL[/url]? Without that no custom WADs will be recognized by the game (all our WADs are considered custom). This was mentioned in the first post under requirements, but I can see how it could be missed since it is probably not as prominent as it should be.
That's in the Community Wad Core.zip file right? Because I downloaded the d3dx9_43.dll from your link, and I already had a file that was named exactly that.
DagonDraconis

Postby nivmizzet1 » 09 Aug 2020, 01:41

DagonDraconis wrote:
That's in the Community Wad Core.zip file right? Because I downloaded the d3dx9_43.dll from your link, and I already had a file that was named exactly that.
Do you have the content pack enablers?
nivmizzet1

Postby DagonDraconis » 09 Aug 2020, 03:59

nivmizzet1 wrote:
DagonDraconis wrote:
Do you have the content pack enablers?
I don't know, all I have is the Core zip and the 2 art zips. I tried searching for the enablers before, however I couldn't find them anywhere.
DagonDraconis

Postby nivmizzet1 » 09 Aug 2020, 04:18

I have Kroxa almost working...I just need the opponent to lose life if they don't discard. I thought adding an
Code: Select all
else
GetPlayer():LoseLife(3)
in the if block
if cardToDiscard ~= nil then
but it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure why. Can anybody help?
EDIT: is it because if cardToDiscard == nil then there is nothing to reference? Do I need to do something like a hand check first if no cards in hand lose life else proceed with the rest?

FYI if an opponent has a card to discard they are correctly discarding and only losing life if it's a land card.

<TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Whenever Kroxa enters the battlefield or attacks, each opponent discards a card, then each opponent who didn't discard a nonland card this way loses 3 life.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[À chaque fois que la Primordiale d’Arashin arrive sur le champ de bataille ou qu’elle attaque, une autre créature Guerrier ciblée que vous contrôlez acquiert la double initiative jusqu’à la fin du tour.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Siempre que Arashin, la líder entre al campo de batalla o ataque, otra criatura objetivo Guerrero que controlas gana la habilidad de dañar dos veces hasta el final del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Immer wenn die Arashin-Vorderste ins Spiel kommt oder angreift, erhält eine andere Krieger-Kreatur deiner Wahl, die du kontrollierst, Doppelschlag bis zum Ende des Zuges.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Ogniqualvolta la Preminente di Arashin entra nel campo di battaglia o attacca, un’altra creatura Guerriero bersaglio che controlli ha doppio attacco fino alla fine del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[アラシンの先頭に立つ者が戦場に出るか攻撃するたび、あなたがコントロールする他の戦士・クリーチャー1体を対象とする。ターン終了時まで、それは二段攻撃を得る。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[아라신 일인자가 전장에 들어오거나 공격할 때마다, 당신이 조종하는 다른 전사 생물을 목표로 정한다. 그 생물은 턴종료까지 이단공격을 얻는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Каждый раз, когда Первейшая из Арашина выходит на поле битвы или атакует, другое целевое существо-Воин под вашим контролем получает Двойной удар до конца хода.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Toda vez que Principal de Arashin entra no campo de batalha ou ataca, outra criatura alvo do tipo Guerreiro que você controla ganha golpe duplo até o final do turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[每当阿拉辛首领进战场或攻击时,另一个目标由你操控的战士生物获得连击异能直到回合结束。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[每當阿拉辛首領進戰場或攻擊時,另一個目標由你操控的戰士生物獲得連擊異能直到回合結束。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_END" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" />
      <TRIGGER value="ATTACKING" simple_qualifier="self" />

<SFX text="GLOBAL_DEATH_PLAY" />
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION repeating="1">
         local n = MTG():GetActionRepCount()
         local num_Players = MTG():GetNumberOfPlayers()
         if (n &lt; num_Players) then
            local player = MTG():GetNthPlayer(n)
            if player:GetTeam() ~= EffectController():GetTeam() then
               local filter = ClearFilter()
               filter:SetZone(ZONE_HAND, player)
               player:SetItemCount( 1 )
               for i = 0, (1-1) do
                  player:SetItemPrompt( i, "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_DISCARD" )
               end
               player:ChooseItems( EffectDC():Make_Targets(n+1) )
            end
            return true
         else
            for i = 0, (num_Players-1) do
               local player = MTG():GetNthPlayer(i)
                  local numDiscard = EffectDC():Get_Targets(i+1):Count()
                  for j = 0, (numDiscard-1) do
                     local cardToDiscard = EffectDC():Get_Targets(i+1):Get_CardPtr(j)
                        cardToDiscard:GuidedReveal( cardToDiscard:GetZone() , cardToDiscard:GetZone() )
                        if cardToDiscard:GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_LAND ) == false then
                           cardToDiscard:Discard()
                        else
                           cardToDiscard:GetPlayer():LoseLife(3)
                        end
                     else
                        GetPlayer():LoseLife(3)
                     end
                  end
               end
            end
            return false
         end
      </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>

</TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
nivmizzet1

Postby fallenangle » 09 Aug 2020, 16:17

@nivmizzet1: One thing you might try for Kroxa is counting the cards in hand just before the discard and saving that number in an EffectDC Int. Then, in the next RTA, if the hand count is equal to that number -1 or your land card check is true, make the player lose life.

Alternatively, you may just need to change your last GetPlayer(), which has no prior referent, into cardToDiscard:GetPlayer():LoseLife(3), as below:

for i = 0, (1-1) do
               end
            end
            return true
         else
                        else
                        end
                     else
                     end
                  end
               end
            end
            return false
         end
fallenangle

Postby nivmizzet1 » 10 Aug 2020, 04:19

fallenangle wrote:@nivmizzet1: One thing you might try for Kroxa is counting the cards in hand just before the discard and saving that number in an EffectDC Int. Then, in the next RTA, if the hand count is equal to that number -1 or your land card check is true, make the player lose life.

Alternatively, you may just need to change your last GetPlayer(), which has no prior referent, into cardToDiscard:GetPlayer():LoseLife(3), as below:

for i = 0, (1-1) do
               end
            end
            return true
         else
                        else
                        end
                     else
                     end
                  end
               end
            end
            return false
         end
or just player:LoseLife(3)? I'll try theses and get back to you.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 10 Aug 2020, 05:13

well, the two easy "fixes" (i.e. (1) changing GetPlayer() into cardToDiscard:GetPlayer(), and (2) changing GetPlayer() into player) didn't work.
nivmizzet1

Postby hugonabais » 22 Aug 2020, 00:47

If someone can I would like some help.

I cannot get the community wad card art pictures to show!

I followed the instructions.
I had to reinstall my PC.
I installed the game.
I copied all Community Wad Core files to root folder.
I copied all Community Wad Art to game root folder.

I made a deck with Riiaks_DotP_2014_Deck_Builder_v1.5.0.3_x64 and the deck and the game work fine.
Everything works except the cards are black and I don't understand what am I doing wrong...
hugonabais

Postby Zambooo » 23 Aug 2020, 19:31

hugonabais wrote:If someone can I would like some help.

I cannot get the community wad card art pictures to show!

I followed the instructions.
I had to reinstall my PC.
I installed the game.
I copied all Community Wad Core files to root folder.
I copied all Community Wad Art to game root folder.

I made a deck with Riiaks_DotP_2014_Deck_Builder_v1.5.0.3_x64 and the deck and the game work fine.
Everything works except the cards are black and I don't understand what am I doing wrong...
show me a screenshot of your root folder. If the card images are not showing for all CW cards then chances are the Art Wads you have are either corrupt or in the wrong place
Zambooo

Postby Infernostra » 18 Sep 2020, 07:42

Hello I'm new here (as in just registered) but I have been enjoying the mod a lot over the last years. I wanted to use the auto update function and downloaded the Comm wad sync zip file but it is password protected so I cant extract it. Would you be so kind telling me the password. Thank you!
Infernostra

Postby Zambooo » 18 Sep 2020, 17:36

Infernostra wrote:Hello I'm new here (as in just registered) but I have been enjoying the mod a lot over the last years. I wanted to use the auto update function and downloaded the Comm wad sync zip file but it is password protected so I cant extract it. Would you be so kind telling me the password. Thank you!
There was a file in that same folder conveniently called "Public Tools ReadMe: Download Help and Password"
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10XuPKn6f1SiQCIhyOij_UJ9V3MJfFlQ6g4o9vIcxNwI/edit

The password is: dotp2014
Zambooo

Postby Mori » 19 Sep 2020, 11:44

Bug reports:

• Activated ability of Noble Hierarch (NOBLE_HIERARCH_CW_179434) ignores the summoning sickness. As by Birds of Paradise (BIRDS_OF_PARADISE_CW_221896). Probably the same with other creatures that were updated due to the theme "Nonbasic land (and other mana-producers) updates" (Druid of the Anima, Rattleclaw Mystic, Urborg Elf).

• Dromoka’s Command (DROMOKAS_COMMAND_CW_394558) don't prevent a damage from spells, because it has mistake "<TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_A_SPELL_TO_PREENT_DAMAGE" definition="1" compartment="1" count="1" mode="1" />"

• Auto-tap of Horizon Canopy (HORIZON_CANOPY_CW_130574) doesn't reduce life.
Mori

Postby Mori » 22 Nov 2020, 09:16

Bug reports:

• After using Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage (DAVRIEL_ROGUE_SHADOWMAGE_CW) in the match and exiting the game, I saw this error: [lua] [string "DAVRIEL_ROGUE_SHADOWMAGE_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000187b"]:3: attempt to index a nil value. The card worked correctly, but AI turned lands at its turn when took damage from Davriel!

• Spark Harvest (SPARK_HARVEST_CW) can't be cast.
Mori

Postby Mori » 08 Jan 2021, 12:16

Bug report: Rebuff the Wicked (REBUFF_THE_WICKED_CW_122287) can counter spell like Remand (REMAND_338009) even if an opponent cast a sorcery. Perhaps Avoid Fate (AVOID_FATE_CW_108886) has the same problem.
Mori

PreviousNext

Return to 2014