It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:29

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby drleg3nd » 22 Oct 2014, 09:21

ok, I tried Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker and first ability adds counter but doesn't activate
drleg3nd

Postby fallenangle » 22 Oct 2014, 13:58

Drleg3nd, you might try downloading the version of the PW wad I posted in the Planeswalkers thread. It contains an updated Sarkhan and the Planeswalkers Manager needed to make him work properly that should work. If you have problems with that version, please let me know.
fallenangle

Postby drleg3nd » 22 Oct 2014, 23:02

Yea I did get that version already and it works fine in a separate copy of the game..this copy I'm using community wad exclusively so when come multiplayer I can just post my decks. idk if Xander is missing something or its me
drleg3nd

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Oct 2014, 00:51

Alright. This was VERY annoying. Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker is now working. I tested the first two abilities and both worked fine. There are only two things I've noticed that aren't right. 1: When I played a second Sarkhan (I was impatient and wanted to reset the counters so I could more quickly test the ultimate), it asked which one I wanted to keep, but ONLY the one I'd just played was highlighted as a valid choice. Choosing the original gave me an error telling me I couldn't choose a permanent in that zone. Choosing the available one, the one I'd just played, did nothing (I also zoomed in and clicked the "Choose card" option with the same ineffective results). Trapped, I exited the game.

2: The abilities on the token should all be on the same line, but they're not. It's already fixed but it won't show until tomorrow after it updates because I didn't noticed it until it was otherwise working and I'd already repacked the wad.

The issue, for the record, was that while it works for cards marked with <TOKEN />, a card missing <TOKEN /> MUST have a multiverse id which is is not missing (the entire tag), empty ("") or 0. The tokens are all missing the MID tag and it didn't cause any issues. I didn't think much of it, since there was evidence of it working in the past. However, Sarkhan's token (it's internally treated as a token) now has a multiverseID. It's currently set to 9009254 (9009 is my number and 254 is the token's artID). Upon updating, it'll change to be 386650 which is Sarkhan's normal MID.

This kind of issue only seems to have affected this one card. All of the other similar cards (flips, morphs, transforms) all have an actual multiverseID for both cards involved or the other card is actually marked as TOKEN. I don't know if this is actually the problem, but adding the MID fixed the issue, so that's my assumption. There's now a check for this case in the Card Validation Checker, so it shouldn't happen again.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby fallenangle » 23 Oct 2014, 02:44

I've updated the PLW wad so that the token creature's abilities are all on the same line, as you suggested. I also double checked that both the token and Sarkhan himself have proper multiverse IDs, so I'm hoping the issue you reported was internal to the community wad. If it somehow wasn't, let me know so I can try to fix the PLW wad again.
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Oct 2014, 02:50

fallenangle wrote:I've updated the PLW wad so that the token creature's abilities are all on the same line, as you suggested. I also double checked that both the token and Sarkhan himself have proper multiverse IDs, so I'm hoping the issue you reported was internal to the community wad. If it somehow wasn't, let me know so I can try to fix the PLW wad again.
It was part of the process of converting the cards for the CW, so it's nothing you should have to worry about.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 23 Oct 2014, 04:40

hey Stoke The Flames convoke mechanic doesn't work
drleg3nd

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Oct 2014, 04:42

drleg3nd wrote:hey Stoke The Flames convoke mechanic doesn't work
Does the source card work for you?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 23 Oct 2014, 04:51

haven't tried it, basically been sticking exclusively to community wad
drleg3nd

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Oct 2014, 04:55

drleg3nd wrote:haven't tried it, basically been sticking exclusively to community wad
I just tried the community wad version and it worked for me (and I only have the community wad, RSN's various mods, and official DLC). Is it possible you're missing Riiak's ObjectDC, Characteristics, or Manual Mana Functions? Do other convoke cards work such as Will-Forged Golem?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Oct 2014, 06:01

Alright. Everything necessary for the cards to work should now be included. The MM functions, ObjectDC functions, and Characteristic functions are now all included. You should be able to run the convoke cards with JUST the CW installed.

Please note that cards that use MM will not work as expected if you do not also have his MM mod installed. The basic lands have to be one or the other. Because of this, I can't include the basic lands, or else everyone using the CW would be forced to use MM. However, the cards will work, there will just be some mana usage priority problems. It will probably use your basic lands before the mana tokens, making it easier to accidentally waste the mana from cards that produce mana in the form of Manual Mana tokens. Simply installing RSN's manual mana functions mod along-side this will activate the basic lands, causing everything to work as expected. If you don't use anything with _MM_ in the name, having that mod should be unnecessary. If you find this isn't the case, please let me know which card is not working as expected.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 27 Oct 2014, 02:35

Hey Xander on my drive I have two community wads now..one of them say conflict ..do you know anything about this ?
drleg3nd

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Oct 2014, 07:00

drleg3nd wrote:Hey Xander on my drive I have two community wads now..one of them say conflict ..do you know anything about this ?
This is Google Drive's way of saying it doesn't know what to do because two files both appear to be the right file. Open the two up with gibbed tools and see which one is the current version (probably will be the one without 'conflict'), and delete the older version.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Zempar » 01 Nov 2014, 02:01

the art folder is missing for me. Any help?
Zempar

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Nov 2014, 02:15

Zempar wrote:the art folder is missing for me. Any help?
If you mean the community art wad is missing from your game folder and you're using my syncing utility, you might not have the current version. An oversight I made in the original had it remove the current version before the new version was actually ready, and the art wad is uploading right now. Because it's missing (due to its current status as uploading), the old version of the syncing utility would notice the missing file and delete the current one. First, update to the newest Community Wad Sync.exe (should not require remaking the ini settings file). Then, wait. The art wad that's uploading should automatically be downloaded and synced like normal, but in the future if it's ever missing again, the copy in your game folder won't be touched.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014