It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:09

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Dec 2018, 00:42

Ideally, the way it's coded would work correctly, but to make it actually do so, it'll probably need to be altered to do the following: iterate through all sources in all zones, add each one to a chest, then choose from that chest. It's similar-ish to how I handled the issue with the AI not understanding Torment of Hellfire. I instead added all valid targets, whether in hand or on the field, to a chest and had the AI choose from that chest. If it was in hand, then it's discarded. Otherwise, it's sacrificed. More detail than needed, since that part of it isn't similar, but the idea behind it is there.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby san4wc » 05 Jan 2019, 17:12

Saga is not a recognized subtype for enchantments. As a result, historic will not trigger for Sagas. Cards like Board the Weatherlight do not search for Sagas.

So far the only enchantment subtypes present are Aura, Shrine, Curse and Cartouche.
san4wc

Postby Zempar » 20 Feb 2019, 18:00

For some odd reason, the game is adding tons of basic lands to my decks and certain cards just aren't in the deck that I have definitely included in the deck and are in the deck builder.
Zempar

Postby migookman » 21 Feb 2019, 00:27

In your deck builder, click on the Deck Information button, then under Land Config at 'Ignore Cards with CMC over", change that from -1 to 0.
migookman

Postby Zempar » 21 Feb 2019, 04:17

I've done what you've mentioned, and I'm still getting the issue. It's giving me basic lands as if I've put in none and some cards that show up in the deck builder don't appear in the game. The deck will be 60 cards, but most of it is lands some of the nonlands are just not showing up.
Zempar

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 Feb 2019, 11:20

Zempar wrote:I've done what you've mentioned, and I'm still getting the issue. It's giving me basic lands as if I've put in none and some cards that show up in the deck builder don't appear in the game. The deck will be 60 cards, but most of it is lands some of the nonlands are just not showing up.
This can happen in a few cases:
  • You've selected cards for which the Deck Builder gives errors/warnings about the file name and FILENAME not matching which can cause cards not to properly load in game. Correcting the card(s) and/or choosing different cards can sometimes fix this.
  • You previously loaded the deck in game with few/no cards (those with unique order ids not including automatically added basic lands) in it (or with problem cards described above). This causes the game to only look for X cards in the deck in subsequent loads where X is how many it initially thought were in the deck. Often changing the deck id to something new can fix this, otherwise you may need to delete the player profile.
  • You reused a deck id that was previously loaded that had a different number of cards in the deck (again based on order id, not including automatically added basic lands) or had a problem like above. Often (like above) changing the deck id to a new unused id can fix the issue.
  • You are creating a 4 or 5 color deck and are trying to rely on the game automatically adding basic land for you. This doesn't work because the DotP engine removed proper support for 4 and 5 color decks (in DotP 2014), you need to set "Ignore Cards with CMC over" to 0 and you need to either properly set the minimum lands for the 4 or 5 basic types or manually add lands to the deck to get it up to 60 cards.
  • Some combination of the above reasons.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Zempar » 21 Feb 2019, 15:37

It's fixed! Thank you so much. I'd done the whole "ignoring CMC" idea once, and the manual adding of lands once, but never at the same time. Plus, I was always using the first available deck ID even after deleting defunct decks.
Zempar

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Feb 2019, 11:20

Zempar wrote:It's fixed! Thank you so much.
Glad to hear it's fixed.

Zempar wrote:I'd done the whole "ignoring CMC" idea once, and the manual adding of lands once, but never at the same time.
Ignoring cards with CMC over X is used to tell the game to ignore cards when trying to determine what basic lands should go into a deck. For example if you have a deck that is mostly white but has a or a few black/hybrid cards with a high CMC you could simply tell the game to ignore those higher CMC cards and it would only look at the lower CMC cards, which in this case is white, and it will only add basic lands relating to those lower CMC cards. In the case of using CMC 0 for this the game no longer knows what colors are used by the deck and the cards in it so you either have to tell the DotP engine what lands to add (setting minimums) or you have to add them yourself (i.e. adding basic/special lands to the main deck like you would other cards).

Zempar wrote:Plus, I was always using the first available deck ID even after deleting defunct decks.
If you consistently delete your DotP profile or you always create decks with the same same number of regular cards then this isn't a problem. It becomes a problem when the decks being created vary in size (order ids) and the profile isn't deleted because some of the deck information can become embedded in the profile and cause loading issues (i.e. game thinks there are fewer cards than should be there because it capped at an older max order id, or it tries to load more cards than are currently present and it gets confused though that is less likely).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 15 Mar 2019, 17:14

Hey, migookman. Thanks a lot for this. I thought we were dead in the water by now.

Can't wait to put Pelt Collector, Vexing Devil and Death's Shadow in the same deck :)
addict insane

Postby pimpulko » 25 Mar 2019, 22:51

Hey guys, I recently installed the community.wad mod and built a deck with a transform card. With the card in play later, I encountered a problem where the circumstances for the transform mechanic were met but the card just kept making the effect sound and animation but didn't really change and I couldn't continue playing. It was like stuck in a loop. Also after turning the game off there was an output document that said : [lua] [string "GARRUK_RELENTLESS_CW_245250_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000404"]:2: attempt to call field 'DoCardRegistration_Resolution' (a nil value).

Thanks for your responses and keep up the good work!
pimpulko

PreviousNext

Return to 2014