It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:56

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Nov 2014, 14:47

Nachoboy350 wrote:Hey guys, so i downloaded this mod. Works GREAT, however, my computer isn't the best. Over big games, it drops pretty low in framerates. Usually it's not a problem because it doesn't get that laggy even with 100+ cards on the screen, however, i recently re-installed this game and tried out this mod. Apparently the cards in this mod cause extreme drops in FPS whenever i try to activate abilities or target. I have a Kaalia deck made from cards in other mods, and it doesn't cause any lag, but when i use this mod with modified decks, if i use say bident of thassa, the game freezes for 10 seconds then continues really slowly. I can also see a drop in FPS when just having cards in my hand VS other decks with cards from other mods. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's very frustrating when i try to use a plainswalker ability and the game drops to 0-1 FPS vs about 25 normally with a card not in the community mod.

Did i not download something or am i missing something? MY first thought was the art, but that couldn't cause massive lag when using abilities.
I experienced this issue as well when I used planeswalkers; however, I assumed it was an issue with the planeswalker, not with the community wad. I assumed that because I'd never used the planeswalkers before, and since everything else worked fine, it seemed to make sense. I'll look into this later. If I seem to have forgotten about it, feel free to nag me. I'm working on a few projects at the same time, so in all likelihood, I did forget it. (As for Bident of Thassa, I've never used the card and so I never noticed any drop in FPS with it.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 07 Nov 2014, 15:30

Xander9009 wrote:
Nachoboy350 wrote:Hey guys, so i downloaded this mod. Works GREAT, however, my computer isn't the best. Over big games, it drops pretty low in framerates. Usually it's not a problem because it doesn't get that laggy even with 100+ cards on the screen, however, i recently re-installed this game and tried out this mod. Apparently the cards in this mod cause extreme drops in FPS whenever i try to activate abilities or target. I have a Kaalia deck made from cards in other mods, and it doesn't cause any lag, but when i use this mod with modified decks, if i use say bident of thassa, the game freezes for 10 seconds then continues really slowly. I can also see a drop in FPS when just having cards in my hand VS other decks with cards from other mods. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's very frustrating when i try to use a plainswalker ability and the game drops to 0-1 FPS vs about 25 normally with a card not in the community mod.

Did i not download something or am i missing something? MY first thought was the art, but that couldn't cause massive lag when using abilities.
I experienced this issue as well when I used planeswalkers; however, I assumed it was an issue with the planeswalker, not with the community wad. I assumed that because I'd never used the planeswalkers before, and since everything else worked fine, it seemed to make sense. I'll look into this later. If I seem to have forgotten about it, feel free to nag me. I'm working on a few projects at the same time, so in all likelihood, I did forget it. (As for Bident of Thassa, I've never used the card and so I never noticed any drop in FPS with it.)
The Planeswalker approximation and also other approximated cards have this kind of issue, because they force the game to make some checks with continuos triggers.
This is one of the reason why until now i haven't used Planeswalkers because the game slow down.
NeoAnderson

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Nov 2014, 21:02

NeoAnderson wrote:The Planeswalker approximation and also other approximated cards have this kind of issue, because they force the game to make some checks with continuos triggers.
This is one of the reason why until now i haven't used Planeswalkers because the game slow down.
So the original file also causes slowdowns? Alright. I might check just to see if the CW is worse for some reason, but it's good to know it at least not entirely my fault.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 08 Nov 2014, 05:08

Just wanted to say I've started work on a deck converter so you can drop a wad onto an exe and it'll convert the wad so all of the included decks will rely on the Community Wad instead of whatever they're using. I've already managed to get the hard part working, so it should be ready in just a couple of days. So far, it'll let you decide whether to prefer Manual Mana over normal tapping cards or vice-versa. At the moment it only works by dropping a single deck xml onto the file, but in the end dropping the wad itself should work just fine.

EDIT: Alright. It's now to the point that you can drop a wad onto the file and it'll convert all decks and remove all unnecessary folders (such as the art and cards). It lets you manually correct any cards that it doesn't know are correct and will list any cards it couldn't find. It also repacks it so you drop a wad onto it and end up with a wad. So, that's some good progress :) Tomorrow, I'll see about polishing it and getting the last few features built. Then, you'll be able to convert any decks you want. Hopefully someone besides me wants to use this...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Nachoboy350 » 11 Nov 2014, 04:40

Thank you for looking into this! Glad to see the mods are still being updated!! :)
Nachoboy350

Postby CalT2410 » 14 Nov 2014, 18:18

Brimaz puts the token down tapped and attacking, rather than just attacking.
CalT2410

Postby Xander9009 » 14 Nov 2014, 18:37

CalT2410 wrote:Brimaz puts the token down tapped and attacking, rather than just attacking.
There is no function for putting a token onto the battlefield attacking. We can put out a token, we can put out a tapped token, or we can put out a token tapped and attacking. There's a delayed trigger to make the token untap as soon as it triggers. Since this apparently wasn't working, I've replace it with a different method of untapping. It'll be in the wad the next time it updates (so, tomorrow or sooner).

Also, Nachoboy, just letting you know it's still on my to-do list. I haven't forgotten.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 20 Nov 2014, 00:10

Hey Xander are you updating to neo Planeswalkers version ?
drleg3nd

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Nov 2014, 00:31

drleg3nd wrote:Hey Xander are you updating to neo Planeswalkers version ?
I already did, kind of. They're now using his protection version of the cards allowing the planeswalkers to run a lot more smoothly. However, I haven't included the new frames for 2 reasons. 1: He wasn't done with them. 2: It's a taste thing which would force these new frames on everyone. Once he uploads a final version, if someone wants to port the whole thing over, they're more than welcome to. But I don't feel comfortable forcing something like that on everyone. (And remember, this is meant to be a "community" wad, added to and maintained by the community. I created it and I'm still working to keep it up to date and to fix the few things that fell through the cracks [I've noticed quite a few localized strings missing], but it was always intended for anyone who can/wants to help to do so :P )

If you the Planeswalkers still seem to be running slow, let me know and I'll check into it. I'm 100% certain the wad has been repacked, though, so the updated version should definitely be in there.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 20 Nov 2014, 03:12

Xander9009 wrote:
CalT2410 wrote:Brimaz puts the token down tapped and attacking, rather than just attacking.
There is no function for putting a token onto the battlefield attacking. We can put out a token, we can put out a tapped token, or we can put out a token tapped and attacking. There's a delayed trigger to make the token untap as soon as it triggers. Since this apparently wasn't working, I've replace it with a different method of untapping. It'll be in the wad the next time it updates (so, tomorrow or sooner).

Also, Nachoboy, just letting you know it's still on my to-do list. I haven't forgotten.
I would just say that my version of Brimaz, King of Oreskos (inside Born of the gods) put the Cat Soldier token untapped onto battlefield.
NeoAnderson

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Nov 2014, 03:15

NeoAnderson wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:

I would just say that my version of Brimaz, King of Oreskos (inside Born of the gods) put the Cat Soldier token untapped onto battlefield.
Yours is the version I'm using. I changed the ability to a different method, but now that I think back, that ability was probably a replacement trigger, not a normal trigger, and I didn't catch that. In that case, yes, you're right. I'll change it back but it was apparently having issues. CalT2410, if you could explain the circumstances under which you encountered this bug, we can look into it a bit more.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 20 Nov 2014, 03:20

Xander9009 wrote:Yours is the version I'm using. I changed the ability to a different method, but now that I think back, that ability was probably a replacement trigger, not a normal trigger, and I didn't catch that. In that case, yes, you're right. I'll change it back but it was apparently having issues. CalT2410, if you could explain the circumstances under which you encountered this bug, we can look into it a bit more.
I just tested it with a simple attack action, and it works without issue so if this user could be more specific i can better test it.
Anyway you're right it is a delayed trigger with replacement_effect into transition zone, and untap the tokens called "CAT_SOLDIER"..
NeoAnderson

Postby CalT2410 » 20 Nov 2014, 17:15

I believe the patch from a few days ago fixed it. Thanks for looking into it though. Side note, the .wad is gone again. Now it's just duplicate .txt files.
CalT2410

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Nov 2014, 17:29

CalT2410 wrote:I believe the patch from a few days ago fixed it. Thanks for looking into it though. Side note, the .wad is gone again. Now it's just duplicate .txt files.
The patch from a few days ago may have fixed the specific issue you were having, but it's wrong. Neo's version was making it enter the battlefield tapped. Mine untaps it after entering. Mesmeric Orb is an example of why this matters. And thanks for the heads up. Google Drive got confused. I restarted it and now the wad is back up. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby silex » 28 Nov 2014, 23:03

So far the CW is working ok for me. Except it's a pain to have to convert many of the cards in my decks to relocate them in the new wad. That tool you are working on should be great. Anyhow, here are a few errors I'm getting when starting the deck builder.
I only have a couple of other wad files installed but I don't think they are interfering and causing these problems. I will just avoid using any of those cards until the problem is resolved. Keep up the good work.!!!!
silex

PreviousNext

Return to 2014