It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:38

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby silex » 28 Nov 2014, 23:12

Sorry here are the errors: I had to attach them as a text file. The forum wouldn't let me post them otherwise??
Attachments
Errors.log
(26.81 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
silex

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Nov 2014, 00:03

silex wrote:Sorry here are the errors: I had to attach them as a text file. The forum wouldn't let me post them otherwise??
Fixed. Thank you :) Stupid Google Drive couldn't figure out what to do with them. (Ironically, I had this sorted out within about 10 minutes of you posting your message. The rest of this time has been spent on the rest of this response...)

As for the converter, you can actually use it already, I just haven't announced it yet because I wanted to test it some more and possibly give it a GUI (which I probably won't end up doing). It's a bit complicated, especially for converting Neo's decks (he prefixes all of his cards with very long but unique strings). However, it should work. Here's the link. Sorry for the delay. You're the first person to show interest in it, so I wasn't very focused on it.

To use this, there are a few things you'll need.
  • Gibbed Tools. Put the files into a folder which will be your working folder.
  • You'll need a folder with all of the cards available from the core game. If you've got all of the DLC, then grab the 7z in the folder called Core Cards.7z. unzip it into your working folder.
  • You'll need a folder with the cards from the Community Wad. To get this in the way the script expects, just drop the Community Wad Core onto Gibbed Unpack. Do nothing else.

For either of the two folders, if they don't exist where the script expects them, it'll ask you to paste in the path to the folders. If you're using the loose file version, you're better off doing this and pointing to your Google Drive loose files. If you don't have all of the DLC, you'll need to use Gibbed Tools to unpack what DLC you do have and collect all of the cards from them into a single folder.

With these in place, just drop a wad onto the exe and you should get another wad with only the converted decks (everything else is stripped). There may probably will be message boxes asking for input. This happens when it can't find a card. If the card exists, you can type it's name (do not put its ID or .xml, just the name of the card with no special characters or spaces, replacing spaces with underscores). If it still can't find it, it'll ask again. It will keep doing this until you either provide a name for which it finds a match or you click cancel, which will ignore that card.

An alternative (specifically made for Neo's cards) is to simply enter a number. It will tell you the card it searched for such as "NEO_129_ALA_TINKER". If you put int 12, it will cut the left 12 characters "NEO_129_ALA_" and search for the remaining "TINKER", which it will find. This means you and just count the number of characters that need removed, and then type that number and press enter for each one. Since this number won't change by much, it's much faster in most cases.

If it finds multiple matches, it'll just ask for which one to use. It'll ask at the beginning if you want to use manual mana cards or non manual mana cards (if there is only one or the other for a given card, it'll just use the available one).

If I have free time, the things I intend to improve are: When there are multiple matches, read the card's CARD_NAME tag to decide which to use. The shortest one which matches should theoretically always be correct. If it asks you for a name or a choice, it'll will apply that choice to all subsequent identical cards.

I hope this works for you :) Let me know how it goes, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. One thing I know right off the bat is that there's about a 50% chance it won't work at all if you have a 32 bit OS. If that's the case, look in the Working directory of the Tools folder (link in main post near bottom) for the source version, Install AHK (very simple to find and install), and then follow all the same instructions.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby silex » 29 Nov 2014, 00:15

Thanks for the quick response. I figured those would probably be easy errors to sort out. They were flagged as low for the severity level. I will probably give the converter a try in the next day or so. I'm pretty good with a keyboard and a lack of a GUI just makes it more interesting. I do have a 64bit os and have used gibbed tools before so should be ok. I'll let you know how things turn out. :D
silex

Postby CalT2410 » 30 Nov 2014, 19:53

It would appear to be that 1. Sarkhan the Dragonspeaker no longer turns into a 4/4 Dragon when you +1 him, and 2. All of the Planeswalkers are not limited to one use per turn.
CalT2410

Postby migookman » 02 Dec 2014, 05:06

I know a few pages back we were talking about posting decks for the community wad but were thinking that it may become difficult to find a deck quickly if we had too many decks. What if we would label decks for a community deck wad in a specific mannar to find quicker. Such as 'KTKT1_<deck name>_CW'?
migookman

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Dec 2014, 13:08

CalT2410 wrote:It would appear to be that 1. Sarkhan the Dragonspeaker no longer turns into a 4/4 Dragon when you +1 him, and 2. All of the Planeswalkers are not limited to one use per turn.
Sarkhan's problem is an issue I've seen before but I'm still not sure what causes it. I'll be redoing all of the planeswalkers soon anyway since I'm fairly certain Neo is done with the graphics updates. Hopefully that sorts out the other issue as well.

migookman wrote:I know a few pages back we were talking about posting decks for the community wad but were thinking that it may become difficult to find a deck quickly if we had too many decks. What if we would label decks for a community deck wad in a specific manner to find quicker. Such as 'KTKT1_<deck name>_CW'?
The issue was that if the decks are included in the CW, then they MUST be loaded into the game, meaning we'd have a large number of decks in-game that would be difficult to sort through. Having them in separate wads wouldn't be an issue at all. If you're wanting to release decks in a separate wad that use the CW, go for it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby silex » 07 Dec 2014, 21:02

Hey Xander,

Do you know if the CW will cause any strange bugs when using it with other expansion wads? I wanted to play a few quick games the other day with some of my old decks that had not yet been converted to use the CW for all of the cards, so I had a bunch of the original wads as well as the CW file all installed at the same time. Everything seemed ok as far as my decks go. (they were not missing any cards and such). However, some strange things happened. Many of the regular type land cards were kind of mutated into for example a SwampForest, or IslandMountain. The card would look like a swamp card but the description would say swamp forest. What's even stranger is that they did not have to get tapped to generate mana, which lead to some interesting games indeed with unlimited mana. Not sure if this is from mixing the CW with other mods already replaced by it??? Gonna try removing it from my active game directory and see if the problems go away. Any thoughts?? Thanks Silex
silex

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Dec 2014, 21:08

silex wrote:Hey Xander,

Do you know if the CW will cause any strange bugs when using it with other expansion wads? I wanted to play a few quick games the other day with some of my old decks that had not yet been converted to use the CW for all of the cards, so I had a bunch of the original wads as well as the CW file all installed at the same time. Everything seemed ok as far as my decks go. (they were not missing any cards and such). However, some strange things happened. Many of the regular type land cards were kind of mutated into for example a SwampForest, or IslandMountain. The card would look like a swamp card but the description would say swamp forest. What's even stranger is that they did not have to get tapped to generate mana, which lead to some interesting games indeed with unlimited mana. Not sure if this is from mixing the CW with other mods already replaced by it??? Gonna try removing it from my active game directory and see if the problems go away. Any thoughts?? Thanks Silex
You're right: that is a strange problem. I've never seen anything like it, but I don't load other mods alongside it, either. It's possible that might be the issue, yes. If the mod you've got loading with the CW and the CW share a function file and one of the functions was changed drastically, then any game that uses the cards who call that function could behave strangely. In general, no, this shouldn't be an issue. But that doesn't mean it could never happen. If any of the cards you have are non-custom, you can send them to me in a zip file (or send the whole wad plus a list of the non-custom ones, 'cause I'm lazy), I'd be more than happy to convert those, at least. (Sorry, no custom cards.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby silex » 07 Dec 2014, 21:54

It's possible they maybe share functions since it is a problem with producing mana and that is a common function that applies to a wide swath of cards. I'm not worried about converting anything right now, I mostly just wanted to find out how/why this was happening. I think I'm going to try and run the same game setup (decks and players, etc.) but only using the CW mod without anything else loading alongside of it and see if things return to normal. I suspect they will be just fine that way. If so, I will work out some kind of solution or just suck it up and convert all my decks to use the CW by default. Thanks man!!!!
silex

Postby MasterXploder7 » 29 Dec 2014, 03:43

i just downloaded this an d was presented with this oddity

12/28/2014 10:38:56 PM: Log Opened.

12/28/2014 10:38:56 PM: Low: Card (AVATAR_OF_HOPE_CW_24564 (1)) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: AVATAR_OF_HOPE_CW_24564

12/28/2014 10:38:59 PM: Low: Card (IHSANS_SHADE_CW_184591 (1)) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: IHSANS_SHADE_CW_184591

ideas?
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Dec 2014, 14:08

MasterXploder7 wrote:i just downloaded this an d was presented with this oddity

12/28/2014 10:38:56 PM: Log Opened.

12/28/2014 10:38:56 PM: Low: Card (AVATAR_OF_HOPE_CW_24564 (1)) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: AVATAR_OF_HOPE_CW_24564

12/28/2014 10:38:59 PM: Low: Card (IHSANS_SHADE_CW_184591 (1)) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: IHSANS_SHADE_CW_184591

ideas?
When you see a "(1)" after the rest of the filename such as in these two, it just means they were duplicated. In this particular case, Ihsan's Shade has more localized text, so they're not actually identical, but that's still all it really was. Fixed. It'll be corrected the next time it repacks (probably around 3:00 PM [6 hours]).

Edit: Also, since I was reminded to do it, the card validity checker found a few more issues which is was able to automatically correct. In addition, Migookman has officially contributed the most cards.
Code: Select all
migookman -------------- 1438
NeoAnderson ------------ 1420
sumomole ---------------- 947
thefiremind ------------- 710
Xander9009, thefiremind - 413
SweetLu ----------------- 223
volrathxp --------------- 210
RiiakShiNal ------------- 199
jacque ------------------ 129
thefiremind, gorem2k ----- 52
Xander9009 --------------- 44
mr friendly guy ---------- 24
fallenangel --------------- 1 (incorrect. A few cards by fallenangel are missing their author tag and weren't counted. 4 I think.)
Tejahn -------------------- 1
I'll see about getting the official count updated and updating the included card lists. But that won't be today.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Dnt312 » 24 Jan 2015, 04:35

Thank you for your hark work, Xander. I put the Art.wad and Core.wad into the game folder as instruction, then built a deck composed of both 2014 and community cards. However, when I exported the deck to wad file and use it in the game, the community's card arts didn't show up.
Could you tell me how to fix this?
Besides, when opening Riiaks DotP 2014 Deck Builder, I got this error:
1/24/2015 10:43:11 AM: Log Opened.

1/24/2015 10:43:11 AM: Low: XML Block has multiple localizations defined for same language code (pt-BR):
<UTILITY_ABILITY qualifier="Flashback" active_zone="ZONE_GRAVEYARD"><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Flashback {1}{G}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Flashback o1oG]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Retrospectiva o1oG.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Rückblende o1oG]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Metti sul campo di battaglia una pedina creatura Scoiattolo 1/1 verde.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Flashback {1}{G}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Flashback {1}{G}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Flashback {1}{G}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Recapitular o1oG]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Recapitular {U}]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><COST mana_cost="{1}{G}" type="Mana" /></UTILITY_ABILITY>
I notice there are several planeswalker cards that have weird [CARD_SUBTYPE]. The arts for the following cards are missing: Daretti, Freyalise, Ob Nixlis, Nahiri, and Teferi. There are some identical cards, such as the Mox cards, Dryad Arbor, Mana Crypt, etc.
Dnt312

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Jan 2015, 08:27

That error can be ignored. It's minor and won't have any effect in-game. Besides that, I've actually already fixed it, so when the wad next updates, it'll be gone.

The duplicate mana cards are because one version uses RSN's Manual Mana functions and the other does not, it is fully auto-tap mana (mostly from sumomole). This is not a mistake; it is by design so users can choose their version.

I've looked into and hopefully fixed the planeswalker CARD_SUBTYPE issues. The art for those planeswalkers is definitely included. They are showing for me, and I ONLY have the CW and RSN's MM.

The art shows in the deck builder but not in-game? You were also missing some Planeswalker images? I've checked those cards and their images aren't missing; however, they WERE missing awhile back. The issue with the art not showing up was also an issue awhile back. Do you have the most recent version of the art wad?

UPDATE: While fixing the CARD_SUBTYPE issue, I noticed a few planeswalkers had art that was messed up. I've converted all planeswalker art files to the art found in the PLW pool. Tomorrow, I'll look into the possibility of converting them to Neo's frames which are really awesome.

Also, the Card Validity Checker will now catch and optionally fix duplicate language entries in a localised text block. Riiak's Deck Builder will catch these as well, but it's not set up such that telling you which card is actually causing the issue is an easy task, so I've added it here, as well (I'm generally trying to avoid overlap, since that's just doing work that was already done by someone else). It also now recycles files before replacing them instead of deleting them. This means that if you attempt to automatically fix errors and discover this caused issues, it's now possible to get back the other files (this was an absurdly easy fix for a really dangerous problem, considering it has the ability to alter every single card in the CW in one go, and if it messed up, they'd all need fixed...).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Dnt312 » 24 Jan 2015, 15:09

I've replaced the Art.wad in game folder with the most recent one. The arts for Planeswalker cards show up in the deck builder, but they are stretched. Besides that minor problem, everything else works greatly.
I'm looking for the next update. Thank you, Xander :)
Dnt312

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Jan 2015, 19:01

The stretching is something I noticed, but it only looked like it affected a couple of cards, and since I'm planning to update all of those to Neo's new frame version before too long, I didn't bother fixing it just yet (it was already 3 A.M. here...). I'll be busy today with getting the text permanent files and function files put together, not to mention I have quite a few things that need updated, a new mod that I need to request permission to incorporate, and I want to put together something to show whether or not a card has actually been tested or not... If I end up with some free time later today to update it today, but it seems unlikely because it's a pretty minor issue.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014