It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:48

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 30 Mar 2017, 10:23

Xander9009 wrote:I was feeling motivated after getting Emblems working well . . .
Maybe I missed a post. What did you do with Emblems? Do we now have "token" markers for all of them?

If not, that's definitely something I'd like to see. It's a burden on the opposing player to have to remember that an emblem's effect is in play (and in my opinion, kind of an unfair advantage for the controller that doesn't exist in paper Magic).
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Mar 2017, 10:27

I outlined what I did with emblems in the AER thread and in a thread I made specifically for them. Basically, they're fully integrated into the CW_General_IsEnchantment and CW_Filter_AddEnchantments functions, so they won't be caught up in any permanent/enchantment targeting/filtering/checking. I also made them actually show the type "Emblem", and made it super easy to create them simply by calling "PLW_Emblem()" in most cases (in other cases, you might have to provide the name of the emblem or the player who should control it).

You can see it with Tezzeret the Schemer. However, the code hasn't been distributed to all emblem creators, yet; only that one. But distributing it should theoretically be really simple now.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 31 Mar 2017, 02:54

Need to fix all cards with abilities that allow them to block additional creatures. Apparently, the engine interprets the function "CanBlockAdditionalCreature()" as "CanBlockAnyNumberOfCreatures...", which is... quite wrong. The only way I can think to fix it is to replace it with a set of abilities that will need to go on all of them to not just allow blocking additional creatures, but [/i]restrict[/i] them from blocking too many. So, it'll have to be a fake int characteristic incremented by all of those types of abilities. It'll be... a bit of work, but doable...

The last repack contains a couple of cards that cause errors in the deck builder. They've already been dealt with. I've also fixed up Regal Behemoth. It should now work properly as long as you don't use the "_MM_" version.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 31 Mar 2017, 17:21

Unable to load card: GARRULOUS_SYCOPHANT_CW_416800.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 31 Mar 2017, 21:49

tmxk2012917 wrote:Unable to load card: GARRULOUS_SYCOPHANT_CW_416800.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE
This is one of the ones my last post was talking about. It was already fixed, so if you intend to use it, just wait for the next repack. Otherwise, just ignore the error.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby krishkrush » 01 Apr 2017, 19:57

Bug report: Primordial Hydra has to block every time, but its rule text doesn't say so.
krishkrush

Postby MasterXploder7 » 01 Apr 2017, 21:03

I have made an interesting observation. I made a copy of the Atraxa EDH deck and noticed that the AI just refused to do anything productive. I personally hand made a test deck (which when used by the AI is quite possibly the most annoyingly powerful deck I have ever seen ever) and instead of absolutely destroy me in 3-4 turns, the AI just seems to mulligan to about 6 cards and then play lands and be very scarce with its other plays. I am unaware why it would happen, but if it is a card in the deck (like when the game would crash whenever a certain card or token was played, as if the AI was able to know it would crash the game) then it would be limited to the <100 cards associated with the Atraxa deck.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Apr 2017, 22:52

krishkrush wrote:Bug report: Primordial Hydra has to block every time, but its rule text doesn't say so.
The base game has a few cards with extra versions that have "_CH##" on the end. These are the versions used in challenges that make sure those challenges play out the same every time. You've use one of these by accident. Primordial Hydra has both "PRIMORDIAL_HYDRA_CH7" and "PRIMORDIAL_HYDRA_CH11". Both of these have the "must attack each combat" ability. You need a version without those "_CH##" suffixes, which means you need "PRIMORDIAL_HYDRA_351077".

MasterXploder7 wrote:I have made an interesting observation. I made a copy of the Atraxa EDH deck and noticed that the AI just refused to do anything productive. I personally hand made a test deck (which when used by the AI is quite possibly the most annoyingly powerful deck I have ever seen ever) and instead of absolutely destroy me in 3-4 turns, the AI just seems to mulligan to about 6 cards and then play lands and be very scarce with its other plays. I am unaware why it would happen, but if it is a card in the deck (like when the game would crash whenever a certain card or token was played, as if the AI was able to know it would crash the game) then it would be limited to the <100 cards associated with the Atraxa deck.
I'm not sure which Atraxa deck you're talking about. Could you link me to it? I'll see about trying to narrow down which card it might be.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Finnical » 02 Apr 2017, 06:13

MasterXploder7 wrote:I have made an interesting observation. I made a copy of the Atraxa EDH deck and noticed that the AI just refused to do anything productive. I personally hand made a test deck (which when used by the AI is quite possibly the most annoyingly powerful deck I have ever seen ever) and instead of absolutely destroy me in 3-4 turns, the AI just seems to mulligan to about 6 cards and then play lands and be very scarce with its other plays. I am unaware why it would happen, but if it is a card in the deck (like when the game would crash whenever a certain card or token was played, as if the AI was able to know it would crash the game) then it would be limited to the <100 cards associated with the Atraxa deck.
I have had rampant AI problems lately, but it is difficult to narrow down why. It isn't in every game. For me, sometimes the AI will play completely normally, other times it will refuse to play lands (I checked their hand, there were lands they could play), or refuse to cast spells it has mana for, or make incredibly reckless attacks every turn. I've brought it up a few times but no one ever had any explanation for it.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 02 Apr 2017, 06:14

Bug: Sometimes when I have the bounce lands in play, such as Dimir Aqueduct, I will able to play spells without tapping lands, or without tapping all lands.
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Apr 2017, 06:20

Would you be able to post the deck that caused this problem? If the deck you post is the actual .WAD file, that'd be awesome. Otherwise, just make sure to note which version of the cards to use when there are multiples (e.g. Accumulated Knowledge has both a base game version and a CW version). I've never had this problem with those lands (although I very rarely use them). So, having a good starting point would be really helpful.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby krishkrush » 02 Apr 2017, 10:27

Xander9009 wrote:
krishkrush wrote:Bug report: Primordial Hydra has to block every time, but its rule text doesn't say so.
The base game has a few cards with extra versions that have "_CH##" on the end. These are the versions used in challenges that make sure those challenges play out the same every time. You've use one of these by accident. Primordial Hydra has both "PRIMORDIAL_HYDRA_CH7" and "PRIMORDIAL_HYDRA_CH11". Both of these have the "must attack each combat" ability. You need a version without those "_CH##" suffixes, which means you need "PRIMORDIAL_HYDRA_351077".
Thank you, is there any reference I can use to know which endings mean what?
krishkrush

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Apr 2017, 10:57

No need, really. After the last underscore it either has "CH##", in which case it's for a challenge, or it doesn't, in which case it's coded normally. Anything that comes from the CW should be coded normally except for a few cards, but those should be noted on the card in visible text. The challenge cards are, I think, the only cards that are intentionally coded differently from how they should work.

For beginnings, don't use anything that starts with an underscore. (Technically, you also should use anything that starts with "EMBLEM_" or "TOKEN_", but those should be obvious.)

----

In other news, I've removed the old style of EDH commanders that started with "C_". They hopefully aren't being used by anyone. (They don't work, and there's a working replacement, so...)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 02 Apr 2017, 11:03

krishkrush wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:
Thank you, is there any reference I can use to know which endings mean what?
No Letters = Mostly cards from the base game or expansions.

CH# = Challenge mode cards.

CW = Community Wad, cards that have been coded and added to the CW by the community here.

MM = Cards that use manual mana tapping abilities rather than auto-tapping for mana. These are difficult for the AI to use, so it is best to use non-MM versions when a non-MM version exists. However, if you are playing a deck that has an ability that reads "becomes tapped for mana," you must use MM versions. For dual lands and tri-lands, we have code now that offers both in the non-MM version. Really your best bet is to always go for non-MM (if it is available) and if you run into a situation where you need the MM version, just swap it out.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby tmxk2012917 » 05 Apr 2017, 04:50

Unable to read string table: CW_SUBTYPES.XML in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE
tmxk2012917

PreviousNext

Return to 2014