It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:28

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 01 May 2017, 12:09

Splinterverse wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:Most of the others should be fine, but the above are ones I'm particularly interested in getting second opinions on.

And in case you're not interested in making new decks just to look at these, you can see them here; just note that in-game you'll get a much better idea of alignment since the game adds a text box, border, and title bar: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-cZn ... l91ZUh1aWc
I took a look at the Drive folder and all of the ones you asked about looked good to me.

I downloaded the latest update files, including the Art Update file, and when I tried taking a look in the deck builder, the only art that showed up was for the older ones (Gideon of the Trials and Tezzeret the Schemer).

Also, did you see my post in the EDH thread?
That's because I forced a repack of the core but not the art. I intended to have it all available, but obviously I was a bit more tired than I thought. Art's repacking now. And I'm glad to know I'm not just completely biased in favor of my own work lol. Not sure why I didn't think of looking at them in the Deck Builder. Although, I will note that the deck builder doesn't get the image quite right. It's really close, but in-game, the text box and title bar are a bit transparent.

EDIT: It's done uploading now.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 01 May 2017, 23:14

CW_General and CW_Filter have both been updated a bit.

To anyone who still codes (I'm not sure if Migookman is active anymore?), please try to use these functions for any type/subtype checking (including for emblems, vanguards, planeswalkers, enchantments, swamps, and anything else).
CW_General_IsType(oCard, iType)
CW_General_IsSubType(oCard, iSubType)
CW_General_IsPermanent(oCard) --Unchanged (although it now uses CW_General_IsType())
CW_Filter_Type(oFilter, iType{, iOperator = OP_IS, iZone = Determined by first currently valid evaluated object})
CW_Filter_SubType(oFilter, iSubType{, iOperator = OP_IS, iZone = Determined by first currently valid evaluated object})
CW_Filter_Permanents(oFilter{, iZone = Special, iOperator = OP_IS})

"Special" here means it's determined dynamically. It evaluates the filter (obtained from "Object():GetFilter()", not the filter passed in, in case it's a subfilter) and gets the first valid evaluated object's zone. This means you MUST provide iZone if you intend to call these functions before setting the filter's zone with oFilter:SetZone(). It doesn't usually matter, though. Specify it for efficiency. It's now optional in virtually all situations, though (since the bit above where I said you must do it is virtually never done).

And now, you can use one function to do any type or subtype, so I don't need to make a different one for each one, meaning ALL instances of type/subtype checking can be done this way. This means that if they're ever switched over entirely, then new cards that do something like Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth would be a sinch.

Also, it would make updating cards to work with, say, Nylea's Presence a lot simpler. At the moment, in order to do it, every card that checks for a basic land type would need to be given a lua filter to check if the FilteredCard()'s parent is Nylea's Presence, since adding multiple basic land types to a basic land breaks it, and in fact Nylea's Presence is currently coded and broken severely.
Last edited by Xander9009 on 18 Jun 2017, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 02 May 2017, 05:25

5/2/2017 01:22:26: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 3, position 3.:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParsePI(StringBuilder piInDtdStringBuilder)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at RSN.DotP.CardInfo.ParseXML(String strXML)
at RSN.DotP.CardInfo..ctor(String strFilename, String strXML, String strWad, GameDirectory gdData)
at RSN.DotP.WadWrapper.LoadCards(FileStream fsInput, GameDirectory gdData)
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: GLOOMWIDOWS_FEAST_CW_154394.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

5/2/2017 01:22:27: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 3, position 3.:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParsePI(StringBuilder piInDtdStringBuilder)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at RSN.DotP.CardInfo..ctor(String strFilename, String strXML, String strWad, GameDirectory gdData)
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: JARAD_GOLGARI_LICH_LORD_CW_290534.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

5/2/2017 01:22:45: Low: Can't find referenced card: JARAD_GOLGARI_LICH_LORD_CW_290534 for deck D14_2016215_RAVNICAS_HEROS in Data_Decks_2016215_RAVNICAS_HEROS

5/2/2017 01:22:50: Low: Can't find referenced card: JARAD_GOLGARI_LICH_LORD_CW_290534 for regular unlocks (199227) for deck with Id: 19927

5/2/2017 01:22:50: Low: Can't find referenced card: JARAD_GOLGARI_LICH_LORD_CW_290534 for regular unlocks (199202) for deck with Id: 19902
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 02 May 2017, 12:04

Fixed. Not sure how, but those two randomly ended up with empty lines at the top...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 02 May 2017, 15:02

Had a look at the bug's reported via the form, and fixed those I could, but there were a couple that I couldn't reproduce.

Skeleton Key's: "My Rashmi (2/3) equipped with skeleton key but still blocked by Unruly Mob ( boost to 4/4 )"
Scatter to the Winds: "The card doesn't have the awakening ability."
I couldn't reproduce the issue with Skeleton Key and Scatter to the Winds seemed to work fine. It did throw an error when I exited the game, but it worked fine in-game (and the error was a simple issue of not catching a harmless nil pointer).

Chromanticore is fixed now. It was mostly working before, but if it was countered, it would still be half-attached to the target creature. Specifically, everything else looks right and works normally, but when you zoom in on the card it was going to enchant, it zoomed in on Chromanticore as well as if it was attached. This was... way more complicated to fix than it should have been, but it's done.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 03 May 2017, 04:38

5/3/2017 00:36:41: Low: System.Xml - The 'ACTIVATED_ABILITY' start tag on line 74 position 3 does not match the end tag of 'COST'. Line 94, position 5.:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: BETROTHED_OF_FIRE_CW_4535.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

5/3/2017 00:36:46: Low: Card (MINDWHIP_SLIVER_CW_4674 - Copy) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: MINDWHIP_SLIVER_CW_4674

5/3/2017 00:36:47: Low: Card (PROTEUS_STAFF_CW_49769 - Copy) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: PROTEUS_STAFF_CW_49769

5/3/2017 00:36:52: Low: Card (URBORG_MINDSUCKER_CW_3628 - Copy) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: URBORG_MINDSUCKER_CW_3628

5/3/2017 00:36:53: Low: Card (VOLRATHS_GARDENS_CW_5260 - Copy) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: VOLRATHS_GARDENS_CW_5260
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 03 May 2017, 05:02

Fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 03 May 2017, 10:55

Xander9009 wrote:CW_General and CW_Filter have both been updated a bit.

To anyone who still codes (I'm not sure if Migookman is active anymore?), please try to use these functions for any type/subtype checking (including for emblems, vanguards, planeswalkers, enchantments, swamps, and anything else).
CW_General_IsType(oCard, iType)
CW_General_IsSubType(oCard, iSubType)
CW_General_IsPermanent(oCard) --Unchanged (although it now uses CW_General_IsType())
CW_Filter_Type(oFilter, iType{, iOperator = OP_IS, iZone = Determined by first currently valid evaluated object})
CW_Filter_SubType(oFilter, iSubType{, iOperator = OP_IS, iZone = Determined by first currently valid evaluated object})
CW_Filter_Permanents(oFilter{, iZone = Special, iOperator = OP_IS})

Special here means it's determined dynamically. It evaluates the filter (objected from teh object, not the one passed in, in case it's a subfilter) and get the first valid evaluated object's zone. This means you MUST provide iZone if you intend to call these function before setting the filter's zone with oFilter:SetZone(). It doesn't usually matter, though. Specify it for efficiency. It's now optional in virutally all situations, though (since the bit above where I said you must do it is virutally never done).

And now, you can use one function to do any type or subtype, so I don't need to make a different one for each one, meaning ALL instances of type/subtype checking can be done this way. This means that if they're ever switched over entirely, then new cards that do something like Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth would be a sinch.

Also, it would make updating cards to work with, say, Nylea's Presence a lot simpler. At the moment, in order to do it, every card that checks for a basic land type would need to be given a lua filter to check if the FilteredCard()'s parent is Nylea's Presence, since adding multiple basic land type to a card breaks it, and in fact Nylea's Presence is currently coded and broken severely.
So instead of CW_General_IsEnchantment(card) we would use CW_General_IsType(card, CARD_TYPE_ENCHANTMENT)? Instead of CW_General_IsPlaneswalker(card) we use CW_General_IsType(card, CARD_TYPE_PLANESWALKER)? Just want to make sure I understand.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 03 May 2017, 11:14

Yes.

And instead of CW_Filter_SwampFilter(filter) -> CW_Filter_SubType(filter, LAND_TYPE_SWAMP).

The old functions are still in place and will continue to work. So if you forget and use the old ones, it won't matter. But now, there's a universal set so you don't need to call each individually (which also means there's only one function to change if something goes wrong).
Last edited by Xander9009 on 07 May 2017, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 04 May 2017, 04:46

bug report:

After Doran, the Siege Tower who was attached with Invocation of Saint Traft attacked, Doran, the Siege Tower was exiled.

Gust Walker: He could fly even though I chose not to exert him.
tmxk2012917

Postby nguyenxthinh » 08 May 2017, 12:04

Incite War seems to work but I got the report:
[lua] [string "INCITE_WAR_CW_48138_TITLE (FILTER)~0x000002d2"]:2: attempt to index a nil value

The second ability of Ajani, Valiant Protector can be activated once in any turn but nothing happens. After activating the third ability it seems that the second ability also triggers at the same time. There is another report when I play the planeswalker above:
[lua] [string "Content\Functions\D14_PLW.lol"]:549: attempt to index a nil value
nguyenxthinh

Postby gagigugego60 » 09 May 2017, 12:31

Even when cycling, the ability of "Shefet Monitor" was not used.
gagigugego60

Postby Splinterverse » 11 May 2017, 11:17

tmxk2012917 wrote:Gust Walker: He could fly even though I chose not to exert him.
Fixed. The change should appear in the next CW update. Thanks for reporting!

nguyenxthinh wrote:The second ability of Ajani, Valiant Protector can be activated once in any turn but nothing happens. After activating the third ability it seems that the second ability also triggers at the same time. There is another report when I play the planeswalker above:
[lua] [string "Content\Functions\D14_PLW.lol"]:549: attempt to index a nil value
Fixed. The change should appear in the next CW update. Thanks for reporting!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 13 May 2017, 19:14

Few bugs:

Nest of Scarabs doesn't seem to play well with Necroskitter. If a creature dies from having too many -1/-1 placed on it, Necroskitter will activate but Nest of Scarabs won't.

Gift of Estates won't search for lands if any opponent (in 2HG at least) at least as many lands as you, even if another opponent has fewer.

There were others, but I've already forgotten them :|

Also, how do you make a deck have only certain basic lands? I built a UB reanimator deck using creatures of all five colors and filled all 60 cards. It adds 2 Forests to the deck list when I load it.
Parabolic

Postby Xander9009 » 13 May 2017, 19:24

Ill deal with the others later if no one else does (I'm on a road trip), but for the color issue: open deck properties and check bathe box at the bottom left to manually set colors, then choose only blue and black.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014