It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:18

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 21 Jul 2019, 20:27

Splinterverse wrote:A few random news items for those who only follow this thread:

- Almost all of the Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation cards with Aftermath (aka split cards) are now available in the CW. (There are only two that aren't released due to issues with their cards abilities in testing. If we can get those fixed, they'll be added.)

- Almost all of the cards with Splice Onto effects are now available in the CW. (A few are still going through testing and/or may remain impossible.)

- I've started a thread to discuss a possible simple approach to bringing Snow mana to the CW: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=28705#p237978

- I've been updating the Impossible Cards list (link in my signature).
Hooo0000llyyyy crap, did you guys just code Goryo's Vengeance???? Do we have a Hasty Griselbrand boi on deck now?!?!?!?

Ok, now, on a more serious note: Splinterverse, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I don't see Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice in the list of Impossible Cards. I also don't see her in the CW. I don't know if you've had the chance to check out the Juicy interaction between Kaalia, Zenith Seeker, Kaalia of the Vast, and... well, all of the Aurelias to be exact.

Angels, Demons and Dragons are usually too greedy to have a good rhythm in Magic, but since we have access to Moxen, Birds of Paradise, fetchlands, Vintage dual lands... I mean, it's all just too tempting XD.

I don't see Seal away either, which can come in handy when you're building a deck with Ascend mechanics.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 21 Jul 2019, 21:50

addict insane wrote:Hooo0000llyyyy crap, did you guys just code Goryo's Vengeance???? Do we have a Hasty Griselbrand boi on deck now?!?!?!?
Yep. Goryo's Vengeance is available now. :D
addict insane wrote:Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but I don't see Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice in the list of Impossible Cards. I also don't see her in the CW.
She was on my list to code, but I just coded her and uploaded her. I haven't tested her, but she should be available when the CW repacks tonight. Enjoy!
addict insane wrote:I don't see Seal away either, which can come in handy when you're building a deck with Ascend mechanics.
Seal Away is already in the CW. :D

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 24 Jul 2019, 00:33

Thanks, man. I sure will have fun.

Do you guys think you could give Contamination another try? It's the only way to get a Blood Moon effect against decks with basic lands.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 24 Jul 2019, 19:52

addict insane wrote:Do you guys think you could give Contamination another try? It's the only way to get a Blood Moon effect against decks with basic lands.
I would love to have this card in the game as well, but I just don't think it's possible. I'm sorry.

First, it would only impact cards with manual mana tapping abilities because the auto-tap ones are automatic and can't be overwritten. It's just changing the mana produced, not the land type. So the problem is that we've have to somehow remove or replace the existing manual mana ability with one that produces {B} only. Contamination would have no information on what abilities the land had, so we couldn't just remove all abilities and replace it with a {B}-producing one. We'd have to somehow know what other abilities were on that card and selectively replace the mana one. Cards don't have knowledge of each other's abilities in the DOTP2014 engine. That's why it makes it difficult to code things like the WAR Nicol Bolas. It would be great if the cards could query a database and return the abilities for a given card, but they didn't make the engine have that capability unfortunately.

All of that said, I am guilty of making impossible cards possible, so maybe a modder out there will figure out a way someday. Out of all of the impossible cards, I would consider this one unlikely to move from impossible to possible though. I'm sorry.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 25 Jul 2019, 00:03

that's alright. Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.
addict insane

Postby Parabolic » 25 Jul 2019, 02:31

Fixed:
Ajani's Pridemate tokens (from Ajani, Strength of the Pride) no longer gain counters equal to life gained

Bug reports:
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord can't activate his -X
Cavalier of Flame will discard cards, but not draw them
Cavalier of Gales won't shuffle back into the deck
Krav, the Unredeemed does not target a player (only the controller can draw the cards and gain life)
Parabolic

Postby RiiakShiNal » 25 Jul 2019, 10:27

Splinterverse wrote:
addict insane wrote:Do you guys think you could give Contamination another try? It's the only way to get a Blood Moon effect against decks with basic lands.
I would love to have this card in the game as well, but I just don't think it's possible. I'm sorry.

First, it would only impact cards with manual mana tapping abilities because the auto-tap ones are automatic and can't be overwritten. It's just changing the mana produced, not the land type. So the problem is that we've have to somehow remove or replace the existing manual mana ability with one that produces {B} only. Contamination would have no information on what abilities the land had, so we couldn't just remove all abilities and replace it with a {B}-producing one. We'd have to somehow know what other abilities were on that card and selectively replace the mana one. Cards don't have knowledge of each other's abilities in the DOTP2014 engine. That's why it makes it difficult to code things like the WAR Nicol Bolas. It would be great if the cards could query a database and return the abilities for a given card, but they didn't make the engine have that capability unfortunately.

All of that said, I am guilty of making impossible cards possible, so maybe a modder out there will figure out a way someday. Out of all of the impossible cards, I would consider this one unlikely to move from impossible to possible though. I'm sorry.
There are ways that Manual Mana could be changed to accommodate such an effect on the back end which would keep card changes to a minimum, but it would still require virtually all cards that use Manual Mana to be changed to prevent the game from crashing. Additionally, since it would only affect Manual Mana any auto-tap abilities would remain unaffected and would still be usable for the original colors (so hybrid cards which allow for both manual and auto-tap would only be half-affected). In practicality if you are using the card to try and shut down an opponent's mana production then the workaround I'm talking about would be useless since in many cases the opponent would still generally have access to all of their colors of mana.

Personally, I don't think the work involved to make it possible (with the limitations I've mentioned) would be worth it at this point. It might have been different if this had been considered when I was first making designing and building Manual Mana (considering at that point there would have been far fewer cards to change).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 25 Jul 2019, 12:36

Parabolic wrote:Bug reports:
Krav, the Unredeemed does not target a player (only the controller can draw the cards and gain life)
All of these have been fixed and uploaded, but not tested.

Thank you for reporting these errors. We appreciate it!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 25 Jul 2019, 12:38

I've started a thread to capture unresolved issues and items that I am unable to fix myself because I don't want things to get lost. Just FYI. viewtopic.php?f=109&t=28741
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 25 Jul 2019, 21:08

Fix:
Cavalier of Thorns was putting *all* lands from the top 5 into play. Which was very fun. It now only gives you one land.

BUT, I realized that I accidentally uploaded a copy that puts the land into your hand, rather than into play, so I'm going to upload a new copy I simply won't have time to test until the weekend. Hopefully it works!

Splinterverse wrote:
Parabolic wrote:Bug reports:
All of these have been fixed and uploaded, but not tested.

Thank you for reporting these errors. We appreciate it!
Cavalier of Gales now isn't activating its own death trigger at all. I tried messing around with it and ended up with how it was before (scry 2, but no shuffling in)

Cavalier of Flame seems perfect now as far as I've played it. Have not had time to test the other two. Thank you!
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse » 25 Jul 2019, 21:51

Parabolic wrote:Fix: Cavalier of Thorns was putting *all* lands from the top 5 into play. Which was very fun. It now only gives you one land.
Thank you for fixing this.
Parabolic wrote:Cavalier of Gales now isn't activating its own death trigger at all. I tried messing around with it and ended up with how it was before (scry 2, but no shuffling in)
I have fixed and uploaded it. It was an easy thing to miss. When an ability needs to be active in any other zone than the Battlefield, it has to have an active_zone="ZONE_GRAVEYARD" style tag for the zone in which it should be active. Without it, the ability will never fire.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 26 Jul 2019, 09:12

Council's Judgment error:
[lua] [string "COUNCILS_JUDGMENT_CW_382239_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000008d3"]:6: attempt to index global 'oSubFilter' (a nil value)

Crashing Foothills can be played instantly for no mana.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 26 Jul 2019, 10:57

addict insane wrote:Council's Judgment error:
[lua] [string "COUNCILS_JUDGMENT_CW_382239_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000008d3"]:6: attempt to index global 'oSubFilter' (a nil value)
Crashing Footfalls can be played instantly for no mana.
I have fixed both of these and uploaded them, but haven't tested them. They should appear in tonight's repack of the CW.

With Crashing Footfalls, I used code from Wheel of Fate to prevent the casting. I'm not too familiar with cards that can't be cast directly, so hopefully that code works. If not, I do have a working version I created for Evermind that we could try, but I'd rather replace the Evermind code with the code from Wheel of Fate (if it works) since it's cleaner. Thanks for reporting these bugs. I appreciate it a lot.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 27 Jul 2019, 00:32

Splinterverse wrote:
addict insane wrote:Council's Judgment error:
Crashing Footfalls can be played instantly for no mana.
I have fixed both of these and uploaded them, but haven't tested them. They should appear in tonight's repack of the CW.

With Crashing Footfalls, I used code from Wheel of Fate to prevent the casting. I'm not too familiar with cards that can't be cast directly, so hopefully that code works. If not, I do have a working version I created for Evermind that we could try, but I'd rather replace the Evermind code with the code from Wheel of Fate (if it works) since it's cleaner. Thanks for reporting these bugs. I appreciate it a lot.
Ancestral Vision would be an example of a card with a correctly functioning suspend mechanic. It even has the same time counters and CMC.
addict insane

Postby Parabolic » 27 Jul 2019, 16:40

Fixes:
Knight of Grace was getting +1/+1 instead of +1/+0
Diamond Knight wasn't letting the player choose a color when ETB
Whisperwood Elemental and Torrent Elemental were listed as commons
Black Lotus updated to post-6th Ed. wording (fully for English, as best I could for other languages)

Bugs:
Krav, the Unredeemed now targets a player, but after paying the ability costs, nothing happens (sacrificing 4 creatures gives 0 life, 0 cards, and 0 +1/+1 counters)
Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord still can't use his -X ability
Parabolic

PreviousNext

Return to 2014