It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:50

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby RiiakShiNal » 20 Nov 2015, 11:51

MasterXploder7 wrote:Does Hushwing Gryff work? i recall a card a artifact from new phyrexia that had a similar ability that was impossible...
As far as only coding the ability on a single card then the last ability is impossible because there is no way to access/disable individual abilities on other cards (though theoretically you could temporarily make all cards lose all abilities, but that would cause other severe issues).

While it is not impossible to code the last ability, it is very difficult because it would require recoding all cards with ETBs that trigger on a creature entering the battlefield to allow them to be turned off.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Nov 2015, 15:27

nivmizzet1 wrote:[lua] [string "THRULL_PARASITE_CW_366437_TITLE (TARGET_DEFINITION)~0x00000485"]:10: attempt to index global 'permanent' (a nil value)
Should be fixed. However, I see a problem with it targeting your stuff vs your opponents' stuff. It appears it will always remove the worst counter, even if it belongs to your opponent, in which case you probably want the opposite. It's unlikely any given permanent will have both good and bad counters on it, though.

MasterXploder7 wrote:Does Hushwing Gryff work? i recall a card a artifact from new phyrexia that had a similar ability that was impossible...

also! i found this
Low: Card (TOKEN_ELEMENTAL_C_3_1_R_HT_CW_1) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: TOKEN_ELEMENTAL_C_3_1_R_H_CW_1
It appears to work by causing all permanents to lose all abilities while a creature enters the battlefield. I said before that it was impossible because (as Riiak says above) this can cause problems but is the only way to do it without modifying thousands of cards. If state based actions are checked while those abilities are inactive, it's entirely possible this could potentially cause problems. Imagine you have Favorable Winds out and a Zephyr Sprite which has taken one damage. As soon as the state based actions are checked, the Zephyr Sprite dies. So it should work in general, but it might occasionally have issues that I don't know how to overcome (and I don't think they CAN be overcome).

zhupiter wrote:Does Enduring Renewal available in CW? I code it by replacing the static effect 'Play with your hand revealed.' to trigger effect 'reveal your hand at the beginning of your upkeep, end step and when you draw, discard, play cards'.I think it's very close to the card's original purpose. If there is any oversight or better way,please tell me.

Also,can we use auto upload to upload art files? I try to find the old post about this but failed,like it doesn't exist anymore.
It is not currently available, and I would give the card the ability for anyone to activate that allows them to look at you hand at any time. With that ability to look at the player's hand at will, I'm not sure if revealing it would be necessary. It depends on how long it would take, I guess. If it takes a long time, then just let players activate the ability whenever they want to avoid sitting around. Oh, and make a triggered ability to reveal any card that would enter the hand from anywhere. Aside from that, I think it's a good way to attempt it.

Yes the auto-upload folder will handle art IF AND ONLY IF the art you're adding is already in the CW. It can handle replacing art, but not adding new art. This is because in order to decide which of the many, many folders to place it in, it finds where it currently resides and simply overwrites it with the new copy from the auto-upload folder. If there is no copy to find, then it doesn't know which set it belongs to and doesn't move it.

nivmizzet1 wrote:Just reaffirming that Cavern of Souls is really busted. I don't know what's wrong with it, but it seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it'll work when producing black and I'll be able to play Gravecrawler, and other times it won't (both from the graveyard and hand).
Cavern of Souls works on a function set that has to be very carefully updated whenever new creatures types are added. (I think so, anyway.) As in, each creature type must be added in every language and each part of the creature type must be added as well. It's a lot of work that I don't fully understand (NeoAnderson made the functions), and I'm unlikely to update the functions because there's a much simpler set available: the ones made by sumomole do not allow you to choose a creature type unless it exists within the game somewhere, but otherwise work quite well. If I get a chance, I'll see how difficult it would be to convert Cavern of Souls to use sumomole's function.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 20 Nov 2015, 15:34

Xander9009 wrote:
nivmizzet1 wrote:[lua] [string "THRULL_PARASITE_CW_366437_TITLE (TARGET_DEFINITION)~0x00000485"]:10: attempt to index global 'permanent' (a nil value)
Should be fixed. However, I see a problem with it targeting your stuff vs your opponents' stuff. It appears it will always remove the worst counter, even if it belongs to your opponent, in which case you probably want the opposite. It's unlikely any given permanent will have both good and bad counters on it, though.
thanks

Xander9009 wrote:Cavern of Souls works on a function set that has to be very carefully updated whenever new creatures types are added. (I think so, anyway.) As in, each creature type must be added in every language and each part of the creature type must be added as well. It's a lot of work that I don't fully understand (NeoAnderson made the functions), and I'm unlikely to update the functions because there's a much simpler set available: the ones made by sumomole do not allow you to choose a creature type unless it exists within the game somewhere, but otherwise work quite well. If I get a chance, I'll see how difficult it would be to convert Cavern of Souls to use sumomole's function.
and thanks :)
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Nov 2015, 15:42

I've converted Cavern of Souls to use sumo's function, but it's not tested...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 20 Nov 2015, 22:43

Xander9009 wrote:I've converted Cavern of Souls to use sumo's function, but it's not tested...
Awesome.
nivmizzet1

Postby xanthics » 21 Nov 2015, 04:34

RiiakShiNal wrote:You can't add conditions to auto-tap mana abilities (the only condition the engine recognizes is {T} and it will automatically do that whether it is coded on the MANA_ABILITY or not). This is another reason why I wrote Manual Mana since auto-tap abilities are woefully limited by the engine (such as you can't have other costs, no extra effects like causing a player to take damage, no way to make a spell uncounterable, etc...). Some cards simply can't be coded at all unless Manual Mana is used.
What about if Dual Lands (and similar mana source abilities) had a check when they came in to play to see how many of the same type already existed for that player? E.G. the first Dragonskull Summit(red/black) defaulted to red, second defaulted to black, 3rd defaulted to red, etc?

I realize that slows down the game for players that are not concerned about playing against the computer, but if that is an idea that has merit without obvious flaws I could write a script to add/remove it from cards.
xanthics

Postby xanthics » 21 Nov 2015, 06:27

Is Desperate Ravings coded correctly? I realize it is part of the core game and not the community wad. And that the function it is calling is part of the core wad as well. However it seems that it is always randomly discarding one of the 2 cards it draws and not taking the other cards in your hand into effect?
xanthics

Postby zhupiter » 21 Nov 2015, 06:56

Xander9009 wrote:It is not currently available, and I would give the card the ability for anyone to activate that allows them to look at you hand at any time. With that ability to look at the player's hand at will, I'm not sure if revealing it would be necessary. It depends on how long it would take, I guess. If it takes a long time, then just let players activate the ability whenever they want to avoid sitting around. Oh, and make a triggered ability to reveal any card that would enter the hand from anywhere. Aside from that, I think it's a good way to attempt it.

Yes the auto-upload folder will handle art IF AND ONLY IF the art you're adding is already in the CW. It can handle replacing art, but not adding new art. This is because in order to decide which of the many, many folders to place it in, it finds where it currently resides and simply overwrites it with the new copy from the auto-upload folder. If there is no copy to find, then it doesn't know which set it belongs to and doesn't move it.
Oh,I haven't thought about this excellent way.It's much better than what I thought

I collected some promo art and I think most of them are better than the origin one.As the auto-upload folder can't add new art,I attach it here. :)
Attachments
PROMO_ART.zip
(11.25 MiB) Downloaded 216 times
zhupiter

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Nov 2015, 08:46

xanthics wrote:
RiiakShiNal wrote:You can't add conditions to auto-tap mana abilities (the only condition the engine recognizes is {T} and it will automatically do that whether it is coded on the MANA_ABILITY or not). This is another reason why I wrote Manual Mana since auto-tap abilities are woefully limited by the engine (such as you can't have other costs, no extra effects like causing a player to take damage, no way to make a spell uncounterable, etc...). Some cards simply can't be coded at all unless Manual Mana is used.
What about if Dual Lands (and similar mana source abilities) had a check when they came in to play to see how many of the same type already existed for that player? E.G. the first Dragonskull Summit(red/black) defaulted to red, second defaulted to black, 3rd defaulted to red, etc?

I realize that slows down the game for players that are not concerned about playing against the computer, but if that is an idea that has merit without obvious flaws I could write a script to add/remove it from cards.
That is one way to do it. It's a similar way to what I was attempting before. I stopped working on it, though. The method I was experimenting with was more complicated. Calculate which cards in your hand it's possible to cast with the given colors available. Then, find a mana configuration that allows you to cast as many of those as possible. My method is quite difficult, though, and full of pit-holes.

For your method, I'd say it's a good compromise. It couldn't be worse than having all of them default to the same thing. But the more I think about this, the more I want it to take into account the possibility that your hand doesn't HAVE any black, so make them all default to red. And that makes me want to take into account that basic lands and other lands may have already covered a color very thoroughly, so it should be set to a color that's needed but not covered. As you can see, I quickly escalate this particular issue in my head... Go for it. But it won't be possible to add it via script to ALL of the dual lands. Some of them are set up slightly differently.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Nov 2015, 03:01

Hooray! I think I've finally officially proven I have no life. :) Fastest bug-fix to date. Reported at 9:57. Marked as fixed less than a minute later, despite the fact that I wasn't doing anything with the CW at the time. lol
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 23 Nov 2015, 04:10

Benevolent Offering doesn't properly Proc its second ability... Look at me using nerd words... Proc... Any way I can't really determine what it's doing but it doesn't give 2 life for each creature on the battlefield.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Nov 2015, 06:28

Benevolent Offering is fixed and tested.

In other news: new functions have been added which have been tested and are working. They're functions to make working with the processors easier. Partly in case they add ones, but mostly just so I can go through and more easily make sure all processors are using the same code. As it was, I discovered that a couple didn't seem to be working while others were.

These new functions are REALLY easy to use with one exception which must be kept in mind: they use both chest register 0 and 1 unless changed manually. The functions are here:

Processor Functions | Open
Code: Select all
--CW_Processor_Choose({iCount = 1, oTempChest = EffectDC():Make_Chest(0), oTargetChest = EffectDC():Make_Targets(1), bForce = false})
--Prompts player to choose (iCount) cards to process, storing the results in (oTargetChest).
--Input: {Int, Chest, Chest, Bool}
--Output: None

--CW_Processor_Force_Choose({iCount = 1, oTempChest = EffectDC():Make_Chest(0), oTargetChest = EffectDC():Make_Targets(1)})
--Forces player to choose (iCount) cards to process, storing the results in (oTargetChest).
--Input: {Int, Chest, Chest}
--Output: None

--CW_Processor_PreReq({iCount = 1})
--Returns true if there are at least (iCount) cards the player can process.
--Input: {Int}
--Output: Bool

----CW_Processor_Process({oChest = EffectDC():Get_Targets(1)})
--Processes (moves to graveyard) all cards in (oTargetChest). Returns true if (oTargetChest) contains valid cards.
--Input: {Chest}
--Output: Bool
Considering that there are lots of optional parameters (with count always defaulting to 1 and the chests defaulting to 0 and 1), I'll point out how they'll typically be used. If the number is 1, then no parameters are required at all. Ruin Processor:
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   CW_Processor_Choose()
</RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   if CW_Processor_Process() then
      EffectController():GainLife(5)
   end
That's it. If it's not 1, just supply the number as the only parameter in the choice. Blight Herder:
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   CW_Processor_Choose(2)
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   if CW_Processor_Process() then
      CW_Tokens("ELDRAZI_SCION_C_1_1_C_S_MM", 3)
   end
And one with processing as a cost, (note that PreReq and Force_Choose both accept a count which defaults to 1, just like the normal Choose function). Processor Assault:
<COST type="Generic">
   <PREREQUISITE>
      return CW_Processor_PreReq()
   </PREREQUISITE>
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      CW_Processor_Force_Choose()
   <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      CW_Processor_Process()
</COST>
In the coming days, I'll get all processor type cards switched over to using this new function set.

Awaken has been updated. It was checking if the card could be cast on layer 1, which was before the game processed type-changing abilities. This meant that a card that required a creature target was considered uncastable if the only available targets were creature-lands (or other creatures that were originally some other type). Changed to check availability on layer 5, so it occurs AFTER the game adds 'creature' to awakened lands and other normally-non-creature cards.

Finally, the last thing I updated today is a lot of the low quality art from BFZ. There are still a fair number that are LQ, but many HQ ones have been added yesterday and today.

Finally, Nissa should be working. She's been messed up for awhile. If anyone can please test her out and let me know if she still has issues, I'd appreciate it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Deef » 23 Nov 2015, 06:57

When you update, what does it mean in terms of downloading? (I'll DL what I have to and check Nissa too.)

Another question, do you know if the 2012/2013 decks are available anywhere for the Community WAD? I just converted all of GrovuleXShiny's 2012 mod to CW decks last night, but it took a little while and maybe I don't need to do it again for 2013 (?). And yeah, a few low quality CW cards in there compared to the ones in Grovyle's mod.

(And should I upload somewhere the 2012 decks I converted? They have all the personalities intact.)

And a final random question. You know how you can select a Planeswalker when you attack. Would it be possible to do that for all attacks in 2HG, to allow selection of which opponent you'll attack (like in Duels Origins)? Mainly because of Pariah in 2HG in 2014; the game's outcome often depends on who sat where around the table.

Deef

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Nov 2015, 12:25

Deef wrote:When you update, what does it mean in terms of downloading? (I'll DL what I have to and check Nissa too.)

Another question, do you know if the 2012/2013 decks are available anywhere for the Community WAD? I just converted all of GrovuleXShiny's 2012 mod to CW decks last night, but it took a little while and maybe I don't need to do it again for 2013 (?). And yeah, a few low quality CW cards in there compared to the ones in Grovyle's mod.

(And should I upload somewhere the 2012 decks I converted? They have all the personalities intact.)

And a final random question. You know how you can select a Planeswalker when you attack. Would it be possible to do that for all attacks in 2HG, to allow selection of which opponent you'll attack (like in Duels Origins)? Mainly because of Pariah in 2HG in 2014; the game's outcome often depends on who sat where around the table.

Every 24 hours (or sooner if I force, or later if I have my laptop offline when the time comes), the core wad is repacked, along with any art wads that have been modified. In order to see these changes, you'll need to re-download the core and any updated art wads. Using the auto-sync tool and Google Drive will automatically perform this, you just have to tell it to sync now if you have it set to a very large sync delay.

In order to convert the decks and keep the personality intact, you could use the CW Deck Converter. Drop a deck wad onto it and you should get a CW compliant mod out of it. It will warn you if there are missing cards.

If you want to upload them, feel free to add them to the CW Deck Upload folder linked to in the CW Decks thread's first post. Make sure before you do that they're using a unique ID that you've registered, please, and that you include the content pack enabler.

For the 2HG question, I don't know the answer to that, I'm sorry. It seems reasonable that you would be able to, but I don't know for sure.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Deef » 23 Nov 2015, 14:55

Thanks for that.

Does this mean people are able to play together online despite having slightly different Community_Core WADs?

Actually the CW converter is what I used to convert the 2012 decks, but still took a while because GrovyleX's decks are structured over 3 WAD files, and I'm still pretty new to all this. I couldn't figure out if there was an all-at-once process, so instead I used the CW converter to convert the 2012 mod, then I unpacked it and used a bit of copy pasta from its XML files. Then I'd load the new XML files in the deck builder, where I did the personality stuff manually, and corrected any cards that still pointed to the 2012 WAD (due to having the same filename).

I suppose there is a better workflow but I just don't know enough to do things smarter yet.

I'll upload the 2012 stuff, and get that updated Community WAD.
Deef

PreviousNext

Return to 2014