It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 19:06
   
Text Size

Community Wad

Moderators: Xander9009, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Jul 2017, 16:57

Are there any errors when you open the deck builder?
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby opasdwer15 » 11 Jul 2017, 18:39

Are some of the cards not fixed? I got two cards error when I used them in my decks. First one is the "Apprentice Necromancer", the returned target creature doesn't get sacrificed and continues to stay on my field way after it's returned. The second error is "Empty the Pits", in which the mana was consumed for the card, but none of the tokens are summoned.
opasdwer15
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Jul 2017, 18:32
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Jul 2017, 18:44

I'm on my way to run an errand, but I'll be back in 20 minutes or so and I'll look into these. But yeah, there are definitely a few cards that are bugged. There are bound to be when there are 18,000 cards and less than 5 active coders lol.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Jul 2017, 19:07

I'm hoping that Apprentice Necromancer is fixed, but I'm not sure. It'll need to be tested and debugged. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that Empty the Pits is a delve card, and they are notoriously complicated (it contains more than 4 times more relevant code than Apprentice Necromancer), so it'll take a bit more time than I currently have available to get it debugged.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby opasdwer15 » 11 Jul 2017, 19:19

Thank you Xander for all the hard work ^_^
opasdwer15
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Jul 2017, 18:32
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Community Wad

Postby Fracturedorb » 11 Jul 2017, 21:05

Just installed everything and don't really want to auto-sync with google Drive, I'd rather just download it manually. All files are accounted for except the art. The art folder is empty when I view it on Google Drive.
Fracturedorb
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 23:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Jul 2017, 21:08

Fracturedorb wrote:Just installed everything and don't really want to auto-sync with google Drive, I'd rather just download it manually. All files are accounted for except the art. The art folder is empty when I view it on Google Drive.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to do it manually.

Is this the art folder you're looking in, because in that folder, in the browser, I see the files? https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... 1gzeTBRdDQ

If that folder contains no art for you, then it might have ended up with a permissions issue.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Fracturedorb » 11 Jul 2017, 21:14

That link worked. The one from the original explanation on page one takes me to an empty folder in the art section for some reason.

Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out how to get all this to work together, but downloading all this art is step 1, or is it two?
Fracturedorb
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 23:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Jul 2017, 21:17

Fracturedorb wrote:That link worked. The one from the original explanation on page one takes me to an empty folder in the art section for some reason.

Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out how to get all this to work together, but downloading all this art is step 1, or is it two?
If you wouldn't mind terribly, could you copy the link URL you got from the first page that didn't work and paste it here (or PM it to me, doesn't matter)? I looked for broken links to fix them but didn't see it.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby gagigugego60 » 11 Jul 2017, 21:46

Xander9009 wrote:Are there any errors when you open the deck builder?
When I run deck builder, the deck builder will not respond.
It seems that "DATA_DLC_CW_LITE.wad" has been broken.
gagigugego60
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 May 2017, 05:48
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Community Wad

Postby Fracturedorb » 12 Jul 2017, 00:50

Xander9009 wrote:
Fracturedorb wrote:That link worked. The one from the original explanation on page one takes me to an empty folder in the art section for some reason.

Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out how to get all this to work together, but downloading all this art is step 1, or is it two?
If you wouldn't mind terribly, could you copy the link URL you got from the first page that didn't work and paste it here (or PM it to me, doesn't matter)? I looked for broken links to fix them but didn't see it.
It ended up being the exact same link you linked me, oddly enough. Not sure why it didn't show there the first 10 or so times I looked and waited to see if there was a refresh and not the last time. Odd
Fracturedorb
 
Posts: 72
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 23:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Community Wad

Postby membran » 12 Jul 2017, 19:15

Hi,
quick question because it doesn't seem that obvious to me (or maybe it's because it's late and I'm tired), but it's not entirely clear to me how I can "clone" my Steam copy (so that it stays untouched) and just mod a copy of my original version. Am I just supposed to copy the game's folder off to somewhere else and overwrite the .dll there? How is savegame location handled, then? Wouldn't both original and the copy access the same file in C:\users\name\documents?

Reason I'm asking because I want to try this out but am unsure how all of this would affect the Steam account / banning / all that stuff.

thanks!
membran
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 24 Jun 2017, 20:26
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Jul 2017, 03:12

I haven't personally heard of anyone being banned for modding the game. That said, I've never personally (successfully) tried multiplayer with a modded game. However, banning is typically done in situations where you are giving yourself an unfair advantage over your opponents, and the nature of modding DotP 2014 is such that all players must have the exact same mods, so this isn't an issue. However, to answer your question, the way I personally handle it is to simply copy the game folder like you mentioned. I still keep mine either in the normal Steam game folder or I put it into another folder (C:\Games) with its own steam emulator. However, yes, both copies will end up accessing the same save-game data. However, modded decks can't have their changes saved anyway, so the result would be: 1) Both copies have the same cards unlocked and the same campaign progress; 2) They will have the same deck changes. Since there's nothing about the modded decks themselves saved anywhere except inside the deck wad, there's at least nothing to worry about there.

However, I'm really confused about what you mean when you say "overwrite the .dll there". If you just mean to put the .dll in the copied game folder, then yes. However, there shouldn't be one with the game initially, so there shouldn't be any overwriting necessary. (Although, if for some reason there is, then yeah, just overwrite it.) The .dll doesn't do much (despite quite likely taking a lot of work to get functional, for which we're all grateful); it just allows the game to read unsigned .WAD files, so our modded files are loaded. It doesn't do anything special like altering how the game communicates with Steam or anything like that. It will still run like its normal, unmodded counterpart and will still require Steam to be running or to have an emulator. It's not a "crack" or anything like that. So, if you are worried about banning and stuff and want to play it safe (note that I've never bothered with this and have never had a problem, but I'm also not going to take responsibility if it does happen), then grab an emulator, too. Put the .DLL into a copy of the game folder somewhere (preferably outside the Steam directory if you're using an emulator), and drop in the CW's Core and Art files. Grab the deck builder if you want to make your own decks. Grab any decks you want from the CW's Decks folder (I'd strongly advise against simply grabbing everything at once; get ~150 max), and for any deck you get, get that deck's Content Pack Enabler. Drop everything into your game folder copy, and you're good to go.

If you end up having any questions and you'd like to use Discord, my signature has the link (though it's not linkified, to avoid spam and because we're only allowed 3).
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Jul 2017, 03:13

gagigugego60 wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:Are there any errors when you open the deck builder?
When I run deck builder, the deck builder will not respond.
It seems that "DATA_DLC_CW_LITE.wad" has been broken.
Best idea I've got is to run the exe again. If that doesn't work, then I'd suggesting zipping the decks you want to use and putting them here. Post here or in the discord if you do so, and I'll see if I can do it on my end.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby membran » 16 Jul 2017, 14:06

Is this an acceptable place to post functionality errors / rules violations that one has noticed with custom cards of the community wad? If not, please point me towards the correct place.

I was just playing with a deck with Liliana, Heretical Healer // Liliana, Defiant Necromancer , and with her being in play, I used the transform ability of Westvale Abbey // Ormendahl, Profane Prince to sacrifice five creatures, which naturally triggered Liliana's passive. The problem is that Liliana was triggered five times instead of just one: Not only did the game spawn five 2/2 zombies, it also spawned Liliana, Defiant Necromancer with a starting loyalty of a whopping fifteen (five trigger times three loyalty, it seems), allowing her to use the ultimate instantly. So, all in all, a bit broken-overpowered. :)

According to the rulings on Gatherer, this behavior is incorrect:

"6/22/2015 If multiple nontoken creatures you control die, then Liliana, Heretical Healer’s ability will trigger that many times. However, since Liliana can be exiled and returned to the battlefield only once, only the first ability to resolve will create a Zombie token. The other abilities will resolve but won’t do anything."

If I read this right, expected behavior in case several own nontoken creatures die at the same time should still only yield a single 2/2 zombie creature and the Liliana planeswalker at 3 loyalty.
Last edited by membran on 16 Jul 2017, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
membran
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 24 Jun 2017, 20:26
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Return to 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 287 on 31 Mar 2019, 04:11

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Login Form