It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:31

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby nivmizzet1 » 02 Jun 2018, 06:11

Xander9009 wrote:
addict insane wrote:Hey, guys, someone in this thread said they were able to code siren stormtamer. If so, I guess Not Of This World would be possible too, right?
Would you mind linking to the post? I can't find it, and I'm curious how.
It wasn't me, but couldn't you do something with the code from Swerve? For that matter, I know it's previously been written off as impossible, but could something like that be used for Spellskite, even if it's just an approximation?
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 02 Jun 2018, 06:18

nivmizzet1 wrote:Thanks fallenangle. I had a go at Fire//Ice using the Alive//Well you provided as a template, but I couldn't get it working.

(1) not all the abilities are activatable; Fire//Ice and Fire were activatable but Ice wasn't, then after I cast one for Fire//Ice, Fire stopped being activatable on the other copies I had in my hand, so only Fire//Ice was left activatable.
(2) nothing happened upon casting. The spell just fizzles.
(3) I'm not sure if it's an issue, but the toggle ability only appears after the card is in the graveyard.

I've attached my attempt.
In case anybody is working on this (please let me know if you are), I had another go at getting it to work, but with no success :( I can upload my second attempt if anybody wants to try to fix it, but it's probably easier to just start from scratch. FYI the main changes I made were (1) I imported the code from Electrolyze for Fire and some code from Crippling Chill for Ice (although I don't think there was a problem with their code in the first place, (2) I fixed up some of the text (so nothing functional, just aesthetic), (3) changed the filenames to have CW and the multiverse ID and (4) fixed some inconsistencies in multiverse IDs (I think one card had a mismatch).

My version still doesn't allow casting of all possibilities and does nothing on resolution.

EDIT: attached
Attachments
FIRE_AND_ICE.zip
(6.67 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 03 Jun 2018, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
nivmizzet1

Postby addict insane » 03 Jun 2018, 02:55

I'll try to find the post on Siren Stormtamer when I get the chance, Xander.

Regarding casting things from your graveyard, when using a card like Yawgmoth's Will, I thought you should be able to use alternate casting costs (such as returning two islands to cast gush). Is this not possible to code?
addict insane

Postby nivmizzet1 » 03 Jun 2018, 03:36

fallenangle wrote:I've actually done a few of the "And" cards, such as Alive//Well, under the new model. .
I have some questions that would help me understand the code for these cards better, that I hope you can take the time to answer

Code: Select all
   <UTILITY_ABILITY qualifier="Normal_Cast" resource_id="13" active_zone="ZONE_ANY">
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{3}{G} |Alive - Sorcery| Create a 3/3 green Centaur creature token.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   </UTILITY_ABILITY>
   <UTILITY_ABILITY resource_id="14" qualifier="Normal_Cast" active_zone="ZONE_ANY">
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{W} |Well - Sorcery| Gain 2 life for each creature you control.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   </UTILITY_ABILITY>
   <UTILITY_ABILITY resource_id="15" qualifier="Normal_Cast" active_zone="ZONE_HAND">
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{3}{G}{W} |Fuse: Alive and Well - Sorcery| Create a 3/3 green Centaur creature token. Gain 2 life for each creature you control.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   </UTILITY_ABILITY>
why are the two halves active_zone="ZONE_ANY" but combined are active_zone="ZONE_HAND"?

EDIT: and why does the toggle ability have to be specified for each different active zone instead of just using active_zone="ZONE_ANY"?

EDIT: well, I actually tested Alive // Well now and it doesn't work. No wonder Fire // Ice isn't working. They have the same problems.
nivmizzet1

Postby fallenangle » 03 Jun 2018, 14:54

I don't know why they don't work properly. I'll have to look into that. I never did get around to testing them. As for the combined halves being active zone hand, the reason is that Fuse cards can only be cast as fused from the hand. I also found that setting a card's active zone to any didn't seem to include the hand zone, so I had to include it separately.

I may look into these at some point; but this may be something to ask Xander about when he gets a chance to look at them.
fallenangle

Postby nivmizzet1 » 04 Jun 2018, 14:13

nivmizzet1 wrote:another bug:
Thelon of Havenwood doesn't exile cards.
| Open
EDIT:
   <ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{B}{G}, Exile a Fungus card from a graveyard: Put a spore counter on each Fungus on the battlefield.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <COST mana_cost="{2}" type="Mana" />
      <COUNTER_REGISTRATION name="Spore" proliferate="11" />
      <TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_EXILE" definition="0" compartment="0" count="1" />
      <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
         local filter = ClearFilter()
         filter:SetZone( ZONE_GRAVEYARD )
         filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
         filter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, CREATURE_TYPE_FUNGUS )
      </TARGET_DEFINITION>
      <FILTER filter_id="1">
         local filter = ClearFilter()
         filter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, CREATURE_TYPE_FUNGUS )
         filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE  )
      </FILTER>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION filter_id="1">
         if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
            FilteredCard():AddCounters( MTG():GetCountersType("Spore"), 1)
         end
      </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
for some reason the cost is only set as {2}, not {G} {B}. I'll change that.
But it's pretty clear that it's missing a RTA that exiles the targetted card.

EDIT: I've added the following code from Beckon Apparition immediately after the target definition block and before the filter:
| Open
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
         if target ~= nil then
            target:Exile()
            EffectDC():Set_Int(2, 1)
         end
      </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
Hopefully that works...
confirmed working
nivmizzet1

Postby NEMESiS » 07 Jun 2018, 22:42

Tatyova, Benthic Druid has the name spelled incorrectly as Tatovya, Sunscourge champion has the eternalize cost set to 4WW instead of 2WW.
NEMESiS

Postby addict insane » 08 Jun 2018, 18:22

Hey, could we get Sculpting Steel?

And Precursor Golem?
addict insane

Postby nivmizzet1 » 09 Jun 2018, 16:02

NEMESiS wrote:Tatyova, Benthic Druid has the name spelled incorrectly as Tatovya, Sunscourge champion has the eternalize cost set to 4WW instead of 2WW.
fixed
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 09 Jun 2018, 16:16

addict insane wrote:Hey, could we get Sculpting Steel?

And Precursor Golem?
Added Sculpting Steel, but not sure if it's 100% accurate. I basically copied the Phyrexian Metamorph ability but removed things that didn't apply (e.g. phyrexian mana, ability to copy creatures) -- hopefully I got it all right.
nivmizzet1

Postby NEMESiS » 10 Jun 2018, 11:01

nivmizzet1 wrote:
NEMESiS wrote:Tatyova, Benthic Druid has the name spelled incorrectly as Tatovya, Sunscourge champion has the eternalize cost set to 4WW instead of 2WW.
fixed
The Art file was not renamed properly for Tatyova.
NEMESiS

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Jun 2018, 11:26

Fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 14 Jun 2018, 14:25

Helm of the Host has the wrong mana cost. Any idea if Karn will be looked at? Or leechs mastery??
NEMESiS

Postby nivmizzet1 » 15 Jun 2018, 15:16

I just finished playing some multiplayer. Multiplayer reveals *lots* of bugs, unfortunately it's not so good at revealing the causes. There are so many games where it suffers from "sync" issues so badly to the extent that you basically get locked out of the game. I just had a game and it got really bad just after I activated Vesner, the Sojourner's ultimate, so I'm guessing there are some issues with that card (unless it's issues with flashback, because it wasn't long after I used flashback for the first or second time in the game). There was another game that did the same after I attacked with Emrakul, my opponent couldn't sac their lands; I suspect this was because there were many cloudposts in play, not actually anything to do with Emrakul. I'm guessing there's not a lot that can be done about these bugs though...maybe the code in some cards could be cleaned up a bit, but that might not even be enough to help in most instances just due to the complex nature of some of the abilities. It just surprises me how much more the game struggles in multiplayer.

On a side note, does anyone know the cause of crashing after each completed game in multiplayer? I didn't have that problem before, but now after making some changes to some decks it's doing it. I seem to remember someone mentioning a likely cause or solution...
nivmizzet1

Postby thanosyro » 15 Jun 2018, 16:13

I'm sorry but is Vindictive Lich not possible / difficult to make?
thanosyro

PreviousNext

Return to 2014