It is currently 15 Dec 2019, 23:24
   
Text Size

Community Wad

Moderators: Xander9009, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Dnt312 » 20 Aug 2019, 18:46

Bugs from cards fixed last time:
Kraul Harpooner: Still doesn't fight the target creature.
Portcullis Vine: Can't activate its effect.
Domri, Chaos Bringer: Error popup appears when opening the Deck Builder, saying the card can't be loaded.
Fireblade Artist: Error popup appears when opening the Deck Builder, saying the card can't be loaded.

New bugs:
High Alert: Untap effect doesn't work.
Conclave Tribunal: Can't cast it using the convoke cost.
Leafkin Druid: Can tap for 2 green mana when you control two or more creatures, not four creatures or more.
Living Twister: Can discard any card from your hand to deal damages, not just land cards.
Sharktocrab: Its tapping effect doesn't work.
Benthic Biomancer: Its draw and discard effect doesn't work.
Vivien of the Arkbow: Can't activate her second effect, and the art is the same as Vivien Reid's.
Dnt312
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 08:20
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Parabolic » 20 Aug 2019, 18:53

DamSF wrote:Couldn't it be coded like Sarkhan the Masterless?
Not quite.

1.) Sarkhan activates off each creature that is attacking. Oath of Kaya should trigger only once if there's one creature attacking or 100.
2.) Sarkhan activates when you or a planeswalker you control is attacked. Oath of Kaya only cares about planeswalkers.
Parabolic
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 12 Jul 2013, 19:22
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby thanosyro » 21 Aug 2019, 22:12

Jaya's Immolating Inferno selects only two targets
thanosyro
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 18:58
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 23 Aug 2019, 12:28

Dnt312 wrote:Kraul Harpooner: Still doesn't fight the target creature.
I can't see what's wrong with the code. Added to the Known Bugs/Issues list (see my signature for a link).
Dnt312 wrote:Portcullis Vine: Can't activate its effect.
The last fix I made to this never to the CW. Not sure if I didn't upload it or what, so I've re-uploaded that. It hasn't been tested.
Dnt312 wrote:Domri, Chaos Bringer: Error popup appears when opening the Deck Builder, saying the card can't be loaded.
Fireblade Artist: Error popup appears when opening the Deck Builder, saying the card can't be loaded.
These are scary. It's like the code completely got replaced with gibberish. I don't know if something went wrong during the upload or the repack. In any case, I've re-uploaded the last versions I have of these. They should appear after the next CW re-pack.
Dnt312 wrote:High Alert: Untap effect doesn't work.
Fixed and uploaded, but not tested.
Dnt312 wrote:Conclave Tribunal: Can't cast it using the convoke cost.
I can't see what's wrong with the code. Added to the Known Bugs/Issues list (see my signature for a link).
Dnt312 wrote:Leafkin Druid: Can tap for 2 green mana when you control two or more creatures, not four creatures or more.
Fixed and uploaded, but not tested. (The issue was that it wasn't restricting by creatures you control, so it was adding in creatures on the opponent's side.)
Dnt312 wrote:Living Twister: Can discard any card from your hand to deal damages, not just land cards.
Fixed and uploaded, but not tested. The issue was that it was using FE_CARD_TYPE instead of FE_TYPE in a filter.
Dnt312 wrote:Sharktocrab: Its tapping effect doesn't work.
Benthic Biomancer: Its draw and discard effect doesn't work.
With both of these, the card was using an ABILITY_RESOLVED trigger instead of COUNTERS_CHANGED. I have replaced both triggers, so hopefully that corrects the issues. Not tested.
Dnt312 wrote:Vivien of the Arkbow: Can't activate her second effect, and the art is the same as Vivien Reid's.
Fixed and uploaded but not tested.
thanosyro wrote:Jaya's Immolating Inferno selects only two targets
Fixed and uploaded. The issue was that it had count="2" in the target block instead of count="3".

Thank you both for reporting these issues. We really appreciate it!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 916
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby nivmizzet1 » 23 Aug 2019, 15:33

Windbrisk Heights (and maybe the other Hideaway lands) is bugged. When it has a card exiled (and maybe when it doesn't, but definitely when it does) it wants to tap other lands when it taps for mana, even manual mana lands that don't have the required mana type -- it's really bizarre. Maybe there's something in the code that can be fixed, or maybe just a manual mana version needs to be made (a manual mana version is probably better in honesty, so it's not being tapped for mana when you want to play the exiled card that turn). It's a really frustrating bug.

I never noticed this issue with Mosswort Bridge so I looked into their code and noticed a couple of differences in the mana abilities, so I copied Mosswort over to Windbrisk, but it didn't fix it. :(
nivmizzet1
 
Posts: 571
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 10:10
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby thanosyro » 24 Aug 2019, 21:23

Blessed Alliance - i choose activate ability: escalate. even if i pay six mana to trigger all three abilities, the result will always be the first one i choose is activated. the rest two will not activate..

Update:
Sadly the 'Escalate' ability is broken for ALL the cards with this ability.
Blessed Alliance
Borrowed Grace
Borrowed Hostility
Borrowed Malevolence
Collective Brutality
Collective Defiance
Collective Effort
Savage Alliance
No matter how many options you choose (up to three), it is always the first option you chose and you can't choose the next one.
Plus, Collective Defiance first ability targets only the opponent player, while the third ability can target yourself AND (as a bonus) this sorcery can be cast at an instant.
thanosyro
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 28 Apr 2015, 18:58
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 25 Aug 2019, 11:24

nivmizzet1 wrote:Windbrisk Heights (and maybe the other Hideaway lands) is bugged. When it has a card exiled (and maybe when it doesn't, but definitely when it does) it wants to tap other lands when it taps for mana, even manual mana lands that don't have the required mana type -- it's really bizarre. Maybe there's something in the code that can be fixed, or maybe just a manual mana version needs to be made (a manual mana version is probably better in honesty, so it's not being tapped for mana when you want to play the exiled card that turn). It's a really frustrating bug.

I never noticed this issue with Mosswort Bridge so I looked into their code and noticed a couple of differences in the mana abilities, so I copied Mosswort over to Windbrisk, but it didn't fix it. :(
I'm not sure what's going on with these. I've added it to the list of Known Issues/Bugs along with a link to your post. Thanks for reporting.
thanosyro wrote:Blessed Alliance - i choose activate ability: escalate. even if i pay six mana to trigger all three abilities, the result will always be the first one i choose is activated. the rest two will not activate..

Update:
Sadly the 'Escalate' ability is broken for ALL the cards with this ability.
Blessed Alliance
Borrowed Grace
Borrowed Hostility
Borrowed Malevolence
Collective Brutality
Collective Defiance
Collective Effort
Savage Alliance
No matter how many options you choose (up to three), it is always the first option you chose and you can't choose the next one.
Plus, Collective Defiance first ability targets only the opponent player, while the third ability can target yourself AND (as a bonus) this sorcery can be cast at an instant.
I'm not sure what's going on with these. I've added it to the list of Known Issues/Bugs along with a link to your post. Thanks for reporting.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 916
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby nivmizzet1 » 26 Aug 2019, 13:43

Vengeful Pharaoh text says 'choose target attacking creature' but I think in-game it picks randomly -- it definitely doesn't let you choose.
nivmizzet1
 
Posts: 571
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 10:10
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Dnt312 » 26 Aug 2019, 18:32

Winged Words: No cost reduction when you control a creature with flying.
Fallen Shinobi: Can't play the exiled cards for free, can only play the exiled nonland cards using available mana. When playing the opponent's land card from exile, it enters the opponent's battlefield.
Serra the Benevolent: The card goes straight to the graveyard after being casted.
Archmage's Charm: Can't cast it.
Geier Reach Sanitarium: Can't activate its drawing and discarding effect.
Ethereal Absolution: Static effect doesn't apply. Activated effect can't be activated.
Priest of Forgotten Gods: Can sacrifice itself to activate its effect, and its effect doesn't make the opponent sacrifice a creature.
Scholar of the Ages: Only adds back 1 instant or sorcery card.
Hunted Witness: When it dies, it creates a cat token with lifelink, instead of a soldier token with lifelink.

The auto updater doesn't seem to be working, so I can't test the newly fixed cards. And some card arts are still missing on my end, even though I've redownloaded all the art files and put them in my game folder.
Dnt312
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 08:20
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 27 Aug 2019, 10:49

Guys, do we have any thread where we can discuss Magic news, deck builds and stuff in just a friendly way? I ask this because the way we play the game, we don't really have format restrictions, so certain news and rule changes affect us differently.
addict insane
 
Posts: 184
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 22:20
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 27 Aug 2019, 10:57

nivmizzet1 wrote:Vengeful Pharaoh text says 'choose target attacking creature' but I think in-game it picks randomly -- it definitely doesn't let you choose.
I have fixed and uploaded this, but not tested it. The auto-uploader is stuck, so I'm not sure when the next CW repack will be. Thanks for reporting.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 916
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 27 Aug 2019, 10:58

addict insane wrote:Guys, do we have any thread where we can discuss Magic news, deck builds and stuff in just a friendly way? I ask this because the way we play the game, we don't really have format restrictions, so certain news and rule changes affect us differently.
There is a probably a general discussion and news forum at a higher level (outside of DOTP). You can always start any thread you want in the main 2014 topic.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 916
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 27 Aug 2019, 11:05

Dnt312 wrote:Winged Words: No cost reduction when you control a creature with flying.
Serra the Benevolent: The card goes straight to the graveyard after being casted.
I've fixed and uploaded these two, but haven't tested them. I'll take a look at the others in your list on my next day off. The auto-uploader is stuck, so I'm not sure when the next repack will be.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 916
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 28 Aug 2019, 11:53

Dnt312 wrote:Fallen Shinobi: Can't play the exiled cards for free, can only play the exiled nonland cards using available mana. When playing the opponent's land card from exile, it enters the opponent's battlefield.
I've partially fixed, uploaded, AND tested this one. You can now play the cards without paying for their casting costs, but the lands still enter opponent's battlefield. I've added it to the Known Issues/Bugs list. The auto-uploader is down at the moment, so I'm not sure when the next repack will be.
Dnt312 wrote:Archmage's Charm: Can't cast it.
This one worked fine when I put it in a deck. Perhaps there was some other card effect preventing you from casting this card.
Dnt312 wrote:Geier Reach Sanitarium: Can't activate its drawing and discarding effect.
This issue was only on the non-MM version, but I have fixed, uploaded, AND tested it.
Dnt312 wrote:Ethereal Absolution: Static effect doesn't apply. Activated effect can't be activated.
Fixed, uploaded, AND tested.
Dnt312 wrote:Priest of Forgotten Gods: Can sacrifice itself to activate its effect, and its effect doesn't make the opponent sacrifice a creature.
I can't see what's wrong with this one. I did confirm that it's not working through testing. I've added it to the Known Issues/Bugs list.
Dnt312 wrote:Scholar of the Ages: Only adds back 1 instant or sorcery card.
Fixed, uploaded, AND tested.
Dnt312 wrote:Hunted Witness: When it dies, it creates a cat token with lifelink, instead of a soldier token with lifelink.
Fixed, uploaded, AND tested.
Dnt312 wrote:The auto updater doesn't seem to be working, so I can't test the newly fixed cards. And some card arts are still missing on my end, even though I've redownloaded all the art files and put them in my game folder.
I'm sorry to hear this is happening for you. Do you have a custom folder in your game directory? If so, perhaps something in there is interfering. The only thing I can think of to try is to create a second modded game folder. Create it the same way that you created the first one. Download all of the files into it (including the DLL). Then place just one or two decks from your original folder into it. Load the game and see if it behaves any differently. (I wouldn't point your deckbuilder to the new folder just yet, until you've tested.) I keep 3 copies of the game (1 for play, 1 for coding/testing, and another 1 for play with different decks) so you can definitely have multiple copies with no problems.

When I loaded the above mentioned cards above into a deck without touching their code and played them to recreate the errors, I noticed that when I exited the game, the SCRIPT_LOG.txt file popped up. If that happens when you spot errors, if you could copy/paste what's in there into your forum post, that would be great. It really helps us hone in on the problems quickly. Often the messages in there are repeated, so you might have to snip out just one line for each referenced card, but again, that really helps us.

Thanks for reporting. We appreciate it!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 916
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Community Wad

Postby Misplay » 28 Aug 2019, 15:57

Hi!
Soulherder doesn't work properly.
> He could target himself.
> His ability does nothing. Once the target is chosen, the ability resolves without any effect.
Misplay
 
Posts: 88
Joined: 29 Aug 2013, 08:26
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 10 times

PreviousNext

Return to 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 564 on 05 Dec 2019, 12:05

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Login Form