It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:06

Text Size

MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS 3D MOD

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS 3D

Postby NeoAnderson » 20 Nov 2014, 18:15

Just to have some fun an animation test onto ChandraABlaze planeswalker : Chandra Animation video
NeoAnderson

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Nov 2014, 18:24

NeoAnderson wrote:Just to have some fun an animation test onto ChandraAblaze planeswalker : Chandra Animation video
Yes. We need this. That's really awesome looking. Once you've got this whole thing in a more complete state, I think I will definitely include it in the CW (unless you object, of course). I was wanting to keep it more vanilla, but they're all modded cards, anyway, so why not? It would be awesome (and FPS killing) to have those animations play while not zoomed in...

EDIT: Oh, and what cards needed changed to make The Chain Veil work properly? (I just need to know which files I should be reconverting for the CW.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 20 Nov 2014, 18:36

Xander9009 wrote:
NeoAnderson wrote:Just to have some fun an animation test onto ChandraAblaze planeswalker : Chandra Animation video
Yes. We need this. That's really awesome looking. Once you've got this whole thing in a more complete state, I think I will definitely include it in the CW (unless you object, of course). I was wanting to keep it more vanilla, but they're all modded cards, anyway, so why not? It would be awesome (and FPS killing) to have those animations play while not zoomed in...

EDIT: Oh, and what cards needed changed to make The Chain Veil work properly? (I just need to know which files I should be reconverting for the CW.)
1. It is just a test bacause the video resolution (Bik file) will have a bad resolution so the card art will lose details.
2. It is just a test because we cannot make nice animations for all the planeswalkers.
3. It is just a test because it is an huge work to video edit and create too many video Adobe premiere require a lot of time and resources!
4. It is just a test because i think the game perfomarce will be affected by other stuff!
5. The videos will works only when zooming onto card.

About The Chain Veil i had the issue with the Planeswalker manager, for some reason it was duplicated for each planeswalker into deck, so i had to modify it. But i don't know if your version into community wad had the same issue.
NeoAnderson

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Nov 2014, 18:42

NeoAnderson wrote:1. It is just a test bacause the video resolution (Bik file) will have a bad resolution so the card art will lose details.
2. It is just a test because we cannot make nice animations for all the planeswalkers.
3. It is just a test because it is an huge work to video edit and create too many video Adobe premiere require a lot of time and resources!
4. It is just a test because i think the game perfomarce will be affected by other stuff!
5. The videos will works only when zooming onto card.

About The Chain Veil i had the issue with the Planeswalker manager, for some reason it was duplicated for each planeswalker into deck, so i had to modify it. But i don't know if your version into community wad had the same issue.
Sorry, I just meant it looks really awesome. When I said "when you've got this in a more complete state", I meant the file as a whole, not this particular kind of effect. And yeah, I know the animation would only work zoomed in. It's hard-coded. I just meant it would look neat.

No, mine doesn't have that issue. (I have a check specifically to catch that issue.) So, that's good; thanks :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 29 Nov 2014, 19:06

out of curiosity which do we put in? the original from the PLW or use the duplicate that looks identical, or should i put in the duplicate that has art within art, i mean the art is literally a card with no text while the actual border holds all the text as a usual card would.

In more formal terms. The card itself is normal, however the art shows the customized final version, instead of just the art. so it shows the card twice, and the image once.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Nov 2014, 19:28

MasterXploder7 wrote:out of curiosity which do we put in? the original from the PLW or use the duplicate that looks identical, or should i put in the duplicate that has art within art, i mean the art is literally a card with no text while the actual border holds all the text as a usual card would.

In more formal terms. The card itself is normal, however the art shows the customized final version, instead of just the art. so it shows the card twice, and the image once.
You can always tell which cards are meant to be put into decks and which aren't by looking at the filename. If it starts with an underscore or the word TOKEN, then it's not meant to be put into the deck. Otherwise, it is. This is ONLY applicable to the CW, as it's the standard I set for it awhile back.

However, I thought I removed all of those. There should not be any of the custom planeswalker images yet. I'm planning to get them added, but frankly, they're rather complex and I didn't want to take the time to do it until they were all done. I think they are, now, so I was planning to do that soon, but there shouldn't have been any of those remaining at the moment. Do you have the most recent version (there's a repacked version every night, which is why I suggest the automatically updating method)? When you have a problem, first get the newest version and see if it's fixed (all older version are also available if you need to go back, no worries). Then, if the problem persists, let me know. :)

Anyway, about the art within art, that's because MTGImage.com messed up when cropping planeswalker images. It fixed those and I downloaded and overwrote the versions I had, but it didn't take for some reason and I haven't had the time to correct it, yet. It'll be fixed soon. I'm mostly just waiting until I have the time to use Neo's graphically updated version. It'll take longer to incorporate than most mods because of the ways it handles the cards. Each card needs done individually, and I simply haven't had the time to do that, yet. I should have the time tomorrow.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 29 Nov 2014, 19:50

Thank you :) I have both of them in the directory (PLW & ALT_PLW) so it was just confusing, like, it said that the card images were set to "99" to make them high priority so that made me think "oh if i just pick the original one it'll be fine and over write it!"
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Erchamion » 09 Dec 2014, 07:45

I don't know why but the fullsize picture is resized to the cropped size, does the MOD require other files, or certain version of DotP?
Erchamion

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Jan 2015, 18:51

First, I just reread my last post here and I have no idea what I'm talking about... Rather, it seems I thought I was in the CW thread... Anyway...

Hey, Neo, did you ever do Garruk Relentless? I ask because I don't see it in the folder. If not, it's fine, I just want to know if I'm missing something. If you didn't, do you know offhand any others you didn't do? I'm converting these for the CW (unless you'd rather I didn't) and want to make sure I've got a good understanding about what's going on before finishing that. It's a fairly simple idea, but it's simultaneously rather complex, especially with Garruk Relentless.
Xander9009
Programmer

Previous

Return to 2014