It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:05

Text Size

MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS 3D MOD

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG - GRAPHICS UPDATE M15 - ALTERNATIVE PLANESWALKERS MO

Postby Kithkin » 16 Nov 2014, 09:49

NeoAnderson wrote:
Kithkin wrote:Every Planeswalker enters with Protection, even when there are no other cards (except lands) on the board.
Kithkin my friend,
Sometimes is more simple to read the description before to download :wink: , if you look into first main post i wrote:

Added a modified version of Planeswalker's Mod, now the planeswalkers are protected from targetting
with a protection effect instead of an override trigger. It is handled inside each planeswalker instead of the manager.

This means that i changed the planeswalker manager removing the trigger override for targetting and i added a protection from the cards that could target enchantments!
This should no affect the gameplay of the planeswalkers, you only see that they are protected!
This modify allows to use planeswalkers without so many lags! You should see that the game is more faster.
Well, yeah. I just wanted to show the nice pics. :^o
Kithkin

Postby NeoAnderson » 17 Nov 2014, 16:45

I am working on another graphic update about the planeswalkers, i would introduce 3D Effect for the planeswalkers pictures.
An example of the card look can be viewed inside the follow screenshoots :

ImageImageImage
NeoAnderson

Postby fallenangle » 17 Nov 2014, 17:45

That looks really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing your update.

One thing you might want to fix is the rather ugly art on the Elf Druid Token and Stoneforged Blade tokens that Freyalise and Nahiri put into play. I didn't crop them very well, so they could definitely stand to be improved, if you think about it.

Also, the Leyline of Deity you got accidentally has a block of nonworking code that I left in by mistake (the last activated ability), so you might want to remove that.
fallenangle

Postby thefiremind » 17 Nov 2014, 18:58

Just a personal opinion: I think that the darker band in the text box would be OK only if the abilities could always fit perfectly in it. If I were you I would remove it. But that's just my point of view. :)
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 17 Nov 2014, 20:10

thefiremind wrote:Just a personal opinion: I think that the darker band in the text box would be OK only if the abilities could always fit perfectly in it. If I were you I would remove it. But that's just my point of view. :)
I could agree with your opinion, when i made it i was just trying to respect as much as possible the look of the printed cards.
As you can easily understand the text dinamically changes, each card and each Language has different spaces. So it is not possible to fit it.
I will update the new planeswalkers with one clolour text box.
NeoAnderson

Postby Kithkin » 18 Nov 2014, 00:25

Neo, if you take a close look at the M15 template, you will notice a thin white line beneath the WotC text at the bottom of every card, not just PWs. Probably a leftover from cropping. Removing it would make the look perfect.

Kithkin

Postby NeoAnderson » 18 Nov 2014, 00:56

Kithkin wrote:Neo, if you take a close look at the M15 template, you will notice a thin white line beneath the WotC text at the bottom of every card, not just PWs. Probably a leftover from cropping. Removing it would make the look perfect.
Hi my friend, I also found that line when i made the first mod, with the second one, it doesn't appears Always.
I can see it when the card is not zoomed, anyway i checked and the artworks are all black on the bottom, problably is an overlay effects due of the picture loading and i am not sure we can fix it.
With my last mod i am not seeing it anymore when i zoom on the card but i can see when i move over hand.

Anyway here you can see some example how appears the planeswalker when i will finish my last modify.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NeoAnderson

Postby Kithkin » 18 Nov 2014, 01:22

This is awesome. =D>
Kithkin

Postby NeoAnderson » 18 Nov 2014, 01:46

I am sorry for the wait, but i have to edit each planeswalker to create the right Alpha mask...
Some other screenshoots :

ImageImage
ImageImage
NeoAnderson

Postby gorem2k » 18 Nov 2014, 02:38

They look awesome! I'm tempted to play them again but I switched to playing paper magic for now :) just passing by to tell you it's Verrrry nice what you've done.
gorem2k

Postby NeoAnderson » 18 Nov 2014, 02:59

gorem2k wrote:They look awesome! I'm tempted to play them again but I switched to playing paper magic for now :) just passing by to tell you it's Verrrry nice what you've done.
I am really glad you like it also because the credits are all yours and of Firemind, you guys are the makers of this mod, i just applied some changes to reduce the lags and i tried one of my crazy idea to change the pictures! :wink:
NeoAnderson

Postby NeoAnderson » 18 Nov 2014, 03:28

For today i take a break Tomorrow i will comeback to work on the mod.
The lastest screenshots :

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NeoAnderson

Postby sweetLu » 18 Nov 2014, 04:26

Neo, I've followed some of these threads but not very closely. How were you able to get different frames for each of the planeswalkers? If you have already explained this in a post please just link it. It is nice to see all of the work you and the other modders are still doing with DotP 2014
sweetLu

Postby NeoAnderson » 18 Nov 2014, 04:59

sweetLu wrote:Neo, I've followed some of these threads but not very closely. How were you able to get different frames for each of the planeswalkers? If you have already explained this in a post please just link it. It is nice to see all of the work you and the other modders are still doing with DotP 2014
Hi SweetLu, I haven't exaplained until now, also because for the prevoius version i used one kind of frame for each colour, so the planeswalker of the same colours had the same frame, but now i am working to the next update where each planeswalker will have is own frame.
Honestly it is not so simple but i try to exaplain in few steps.

1. First of all we need to have 2 cards for each planeswalker (the first for the cropped picture that will be displayed before summoning, into deckbuilder and other zones, the second file is a copy of the planeswalker but will use a fullsize art that will be displayed after first summoning)
2. To avoid the fullsize picture is resized to the standard cropped size i am using a dotp bug, that i discovered sometime ago. I remove for a little while all the kind and colours from the card, this force the engine to use the fullsize picture, so when it turn to its colours and kinds it keep fullsize picture.
3. The frames.. the planeswalker copies are using the "miracle" frame (modded), i discovered that i can create a full transparent miracle frame that will be the basis to overlay the personalized artwork. At this point i make a custom planeswalker frame including the card graphics and also the 3d effect and i save it as Fullsize TDX. So the engine will load a transparent miracle frame and will overlay it with a complete artwork that include the card.

Honestly i don't know if my explaination is straight and clear, I hope you have understood the concepts!
NeoAnderson

Postby volrathxp » 18 Nov 2014, 11:59

If you're trying to be "print" card accurate, Elspeth, Sun's Champion is incorrect. Her sword does not poke out of the top above her name.

Other than that, this is great.
volrathxp
volrathxp

PreviousNext

Return to 2014