Community Wad Decks

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad Decks

Postby Alipheese » 27 Feb 2015, 07:05

I will get on that now thank you :) I am in for a night tonight lol
Alipheese

Postby Kithkin » 27 Feb 2015, 07:07

Alipheese wrote:I will get on that now thank you :) I am in for a night tonight lol
Have fun. I will be around. :lol:
Kithkin

Postby Alipheese » 27 Feb 2015, 07:16

Kithkin wrote:
Alipheese wrote:I will get on that now thank you :) I am in for a night tonight lol
Have fun. I will be around. :lol:
Oh god...its going to take way to long to download the core (jumping from 20 hours to 3 days) does someone online have a mirror that I can get all this faster from?
Last edited by Alipheese on 27 Feb 2015, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
Alipheese

Postby Kithkin » 27 Feb 2015, 07:21

Alipheese wrote:Oh god...its going to take way to long to download the core (jumping from 20 hours to 3 days) does someone online have a mirror that I can all this faster from?
The core is only 57 mb. The art files are over 2 gb.
Kithkin

Postby Alipheese » 27 Feb 2015, 07:23

Kithkin wrote:
Alipheese wrote:Oh god...its going to take way to long to download the core (jumping from 20 hours to 3 days) does someone online have a mirror that I can all this faster from?
My mistake. Is there a mirror of the Art files that I could dl from? Thats the one that was big yes.
Alipheese

Postby Kithkin » 27 Feb 2015, 07:24

Alipheese wrote:
Kithkin wrote:
My mistake. Is there a mirror of the Art files that I could dl from? Thats the one that was big yes.
I don't think so.
Kithkin

Postby Alipheese » 27 Feb 2015, 07:29

Fun...WELL I guess with that I am off to bed :P Thank you a ton for your help. Last question, does Slightlymagic have an IRC channel? Id love to talk to people real time about stuff
Alipheese

Postby Kithkin » 27 Feb 2015, 07:32

Alipheese wrote:Fun...WELL I guess with that I am off to bed :P Thank you a ton for your help. Last question, does Slightlymagic have an IRC channel? Id love to talk to people real time about stuff
That I don't know.
Kithkin

Postby Alipheese » 27 Feb 2015, 07:40

Kithkin wrote:
Alipheese wrote:Fun...WELL I guess with that I am off to bed :P Thank you a ton for your help. Last question, does Slightlymagic have an IRC channel? Id love to talk to people real time about stuff
That I don't know.
Ah ok, thanks!
Alipheese

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Feb 2015, 13:19

Main post updated to point out you need the Community Wad. I'm used to dealing with people who've been around awhile, so they all mostly know about the CW and thus I didn't think of that being an issue. Thanks Kithkin :)

As for the mirror, no, there's no mirror. Unfortunately, a mirror wouldn't work very well because I have no servers I can directly upload to, and the mods are created automatically. That means that to have a mirror would mean I'd have to manually upload the files to whatever mirror I use. The problem with that is that the files are changed fairly often, and I don't actually interact with that end of it very often. In other words, the mirror would virtually always be outdated. The files are hosted on Google's servers, though, so the downloads shouldn't take any longer than at any other website.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Alipheese » 27 Feb 2015, 17:21

Xander9009 wrote:Main post updated to point out you need the Community Wad. I'm used to dealing with people who've been around awhile, so they all mostly know about the CW and thus I didn't think of that being an issue. Thanks Kithkin :)

As for the mirror, no, there's no mirror. Unfortunately, a mirror wouldn't work very well because I have no servers I can directly upload to, and the mods are created automatically. That means that to have a mirror would mean I'd have to manually upload the files to whatever mirror I use. The problem with that is that the files are changed fairly often, and I don't actually interact with that end of it very often. In other words, the mirror would virtually always be outdated. The files are hosted on Google's servers, though, so the downloads shouldn't take any longer than at any other website.
Yah sorry I am just getting into this, but that's fine I'm downloading the images at work to be put on a USB so that should solve it. Since there's an auto updater in that page I was linked too I assume that also keeps the images up to date as well?
Alipheese

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Feb 2015, 17:32

Yes, the art and core are both automatically updated. Although, only art wads which have actually changed will be updated (as you'd expect). So, once it's all downloaded, you should only need to redownload 3 or 4 art files every few days. That's slowed down some, though I'll be updating the planeswalkers soon with the images Kithkin sent me.

@Everyone: General update - current to-do - finish getting Card Validity Checker ready for others to use (it's at about 95%), test black FRF cards, update/fix planeswalker images, and then back to Skyrim modding for awhile.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Alipheese » 27 Feb 2015, 17:57

Xander9009 wrote:Yes, the art and core are both automatically updated. Although, only art wads which have actually changed will be updated (as you'd expect). So, once it's all downloaded, you should only need to redownload 3 or 4 art files every few days. That's slowed down some, though I'll be updating the planeswalkers soon with the images Kithkin sent me.

@Everyone: General update - current to-do - finish getting Card Validity Checker ready for others to use (it's at about 95%), test black FRF cards, update/fix planeswalker images, and then back to Skyrim modding for awhile.
Nice! I hope it goes well. I'm going to try to pick up on all this :P
Alipheese

Postby Alipheese » 28 Feb 2015, 02:30

I am having problem again. The auto updater is giving me this error after telling it how long to wait before looking for an update:

Why is this x-x
Alipheese

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Feb 2015, 03:19

Questions are better off in the Community Wad thread. This one's for decks. Not a problem, really, but I'll answer there :)
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014