It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:36

Text Size

NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 59 Decks

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 29 Decks (8 New; 06 April 2015

Postby nivmizzet1 » 06 Apr 2015, 01:49

Kithkin wrote:Niv, your decks are much appreciated, although it seems I am the only one using them. =D>

sunds wrote:I also like it very =D> Thanks
Also thanks :)

It's nice to hear that people are enjoying them.
nivmizzet1

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 29 Decks (8 New; 06 April 2015

Postby nivmizzet1 » 09 Apr 2015, 20:49

Made some subtle changes to a couple of the decks.

10/04/2015
Vizkopa Mafia: made better (more consistant, more flexible). Added an extra Valorous Stance, Vampire Nighthawk, and Obzedat, Ghost Council, and replaced a Swords to Plowshares with an Unmake. I think I took out a Pillory of the Sleepless, a Blind Obedience, and something else. I'm thinking of removing one or both (maybe just one) Vizkopa Guildmage for something better still (maybe a fourth nighthawk?).
EDIT: I went ahead and replaced a Vizkopa Guildmage with a fourth Vampire Nighthawk.

Sustained Concussion: Added a second version of Sustained Concussion; a creatureless version (called Sustained Concussion NC). With so few creatures in the deck, against any sensible person with removal in their deck the scholars would be removed from the battlefield the second they hit the table. The AI isn't as smart, so the creature version still performs very well against the AI because it doesn't see the Scholars as a threat, so you sit there pinging it and it won't attack with anything with <3 toughness, but this still came to my attention. I replaced the Reckless Scholars with a third and fourth Thoughtsieze (earlier removal that the deck needed), a fourth Bonfire of the Damned (more chance to draw that lucky bonfire when you need it), and a third Dack Fayden (more forced discard). I also replaced the Consult the Necrosages with a fourth Wistful Thinking and a Windfall, and replaced a Swamp with a third Cephalid Coloseum. The new setup also favours Cephalid Coliseum, which is why I added a third; it's brutal when it goes off.
EDIT: Altered the creatureless version slightly; replaced windfall with a third despise, and modified the land base slightly. Replaced the creature version with the creatureless version in the CW (so there is only one deck available now, Sustained Concussion, and it is the creatureless version).

No Pain, No Gain: Adjusted the lands slightly.

So make sure you download them again if you want to implement the changes!
nivmizzet1

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 31 Decks (2 New; 16 April 2015

Postby nivmizzet1 » 16 Apr 2015, 05:05

Added 2 new decks:
Mako Spring
Stream of Consciousness

Stream of Consciousness is based on Xander9009's deck Stream of Thought. I really liked the idea and feel of the deck, so I thought I'd make a version that was competitive within the environment of my decks.

EDIT: I should mention that Mako Spring uses some lands that I only just added to the CW, so you'll need to update your CW before you can play.

EDIT: Also improved Grand Army of the Republic. More synergy, more consistency, more flexibility, better overall feel, more powerful. The deck desperately needed this upgrade as before it was just an idea for a deck that I hadn't really invested much thought into.
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 17 Apr 2015, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
nivmizzet1

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 32 Decks (3 New; 18 April 2015

Postby nivmizzet1 » 17 Apr 2015, 16:14

Added a new deck:
Cordyceps Brain Infection

Remember to update the CW!
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 20 Apr 2015, 08:47

I adjusted Cordyceps Brain Infection land ratios -- simply download again and overwrite the old WAD if you want the adjusted ratios.

Also, I noticed there was a problem with Vampiric Link -- it gave life to enchanted creature's owner, not enchantment's owner -- it's fixed now. You'll need to update the CW to implement the fix, but only after it's been integrated into the CW, and I don't know exactly when that happens (though I think it happens daily).
nivmizzet1

Postby Kithkin » 24 Apr 2015, 23:58

Your Rise of Irindu deck is so ridiculously OP, it's awesome. It beats EVERY deck, even Angelic Chorus. On turn 2! With Eldrazis on board. On turn 2!!!

I love playing your decks. Keep'em coming. =D>
Kithkin

Postby nivmizzet1 » 25 Apr 2015, 09:25

Kithkin wrote:Your Rise of Irindu deck is so ridiculously OP, it's awesome. It beats EVERY deck, even Angelic Chorus. On turn 2! With Eldrazis on board. On turn 2!!!

I love playing your decks. Keep'em coming. =D>
Thanks Kithkin. I'm glad you enjoy them.

It's actually possible to get a turn 1 win with Rise of Irindu, too, I think I've done so on 3 occasions; but the deck *is* highly illegal across all sanctioned formats of mtg though, lol.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Apr 2015, 05:33

I've fixed some problems with missing card art that affected the decks Double Trouble, Life's Blessing, Equipped for War, Tezzacotta Army, and Grand Army of the Republic. If you want all the cards in these decks to have art then you should re-download the deck wads (you'll need an updated CW core also). Cheers.
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 28 Apr 2015, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
nivmizzet1

Postby tmxk2012917 » 28 Apr 2015, 09:46

nivmizzet1 wrote:I've fixed some problems with missing card art that affected the decks Double Trouble, Life's Blessing, Equipped for War, Tezzacotta Army, and Grand Army of the Republic. If you want all the cards in these decks to have art then you should re-download the deck wads (you'll need an updated CW also). Cheers.
which CW file should i update? the core or others? i redownloaded the core wad but i.cannot start the game with your updated decks other cw wads seem not to be updated
tmxk2012917

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Apr 2015, 13:57

tmxk2012917 wrote:
nivmizzet1 wrote:I've fixed some problems with missing card art that affected the decks Double Trouble, Life's Blessing, Equipped for War, Tezzacotta Army, and Grand Army of the Republic. If you want all the cards in these decks to have art then you should re-download the deck wads (you'll need an updated CW also). Cheers.
which CW file should i update? the core or others? i redownloaded the core wad but i.cannot start the game with your updated decks other cw wads seem not to be updated
Yeah, it's just the CW core that needs to be updated (and of course the deck wads), but I don't think the new cards have been incorporated in it yet. I'm not sure exactly what time the new cards will be incorporated, but should be some time today. If you update the CW core tomorrow then you'll be able to use the decks again. In the meantime, you could restore the old deck wads for those decks, or just remove them from the magic directory until the CW has been updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Apr 2015, 14:52

Unfortunately, people seem to forget that the core is only updated once a day. Don't worry, I've had lots of confusion over that, too. I've learned to state every time I mention an update to the CW that it'll be available in the next repack. As for what time, I forced it to repack yesterday at about 4PM my time (it's almost 11AM now), so it should repack in about 5 hours. I've considered making it update twice daily or more. It's still small enough that it wouldn't cause any major problems for most people, but it might for a few that have worse connections. Still, 55 MB every 8 hours shouldn't be too bad. I'm still undecided. Despite being a little annoying having to wait for it, it is actually working pretty well. I'll also have a server running soon on which I should be able to put the setup for this, so it would stop popping up on my screen; and that's the number one thing that's prevented me from upping it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 28 Apr 2015, 22:37

nivmizzet1 wrote:
tmxk2012917 wrote:
Yeah, it's just the CW core that needs to be updated (and of course the deck wads), but I don't think the new cards have been incorporated in it yet. I'm not sure exactly what time the new cards will be incorporated, but should be some time today. If you update the CW core tomorrow then you'll be able to use the decks again. In the meantime, you could restore the old deck wads for those decks, or just remove them from the magic directory until the CW has been updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience
thanks for your explaination...
tmxk2012917

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 33 Decks (1 New; 29 April 2015

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Apr 2015, 09:39

Added a new deck:
The Retethering of Voltron

Also, if you want images on the manual basic lands used in the decks Mako Spring and The Retethering of Voltron then you'll need to update one of the art wads, DATA_DLC_CW_MISC.wad which you can download from here

EDIT: There's a problem with the code for Armadillo Cloak (which I already fixed but it seems to have been reverted). I've fixed it again and the fixed version should be available after the next repack, so you'll need to update the CW to get that. If you don't get the CW automatically updated and don't know when the repack happens, then perhaps wait a day before you update the CW to make sure it's been repacked.
nivmizzet1

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 33 Decks

Postby thanosyro » 11 Jun 2015, 22:43

Hello! why some (plenty actually) decks are incomplete? Par example "Life's Blessing" - 23 Lands, 21 creatures, 12 other. Thank you guys!
thanosyro

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 33 Decks

Postby nivmizzet1 » 12 Jun 2015, 14:08

thanosyro wrote:Hello! why some (plenty actually) decks are incomplete? Par example "Life's Blessing" - 23 Lands, 21 creatures, 12 other. Thank you guys!
It looks like life's blessing uses cards from Data_Decks_2013_GXSC_MAIN and Data_Decks_2012. I thought I'd converted all the decks to only use cards from the CW WAD, but it seems like some have slipped through the net.

If you want to fix the decks you can download the missing art and card mods here and here.
nivmizzet1

PreviousNext

Return to 2014