It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:00

Text Size

NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 59 Decks

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 59 Decks

Postby nivmizzet1 » 20 Mar 2015, 16:33

Introduction
Some of you may remember me from my DOTP2013 DLC mod; well, I've finally got around to sharing with you all the decks I created for DOTP2014. I have a thing for alternate win-cons and infinite combos, so there's quite a few decks that fit those criteria in my mod, but there's also a good range of other deck types. I've included most of the decks from my 2013 mod (some have had a facelift), but the majority of decks in this mod are brand new. I have now released 58 Decks in total. I am now officially taking a break from releasing more decks (lol).
I recommend enabling auto resolution (auto skip) when using the combo decks. I've done my best to add appropriate auto-skip functions to all the cards involved in combos.

Find my other mod, with overpowered and less balanced decks, here.

Requirements:
If you have the Community WAD (including The Community Core WAD, Rick's DOTP 2014 patcher dll and The Community Art WADs)
then add these to the game directory:
The decks
And the Data_DLC_1314_Content_Pack_Enabler.wad

If you don't have the Community WAD
then add these to the game directory:
The NM1 Deck Mod WAD and Rick's DOTP 2014 patcher dll
The decks
And the Data_DLC_1314_Content_Pack_Enabler.wad

That is all you need.

You can find a full list of my decks below, or here (although unfortunately the page this links to doesn't seem to be updating anymore).

You can find out more information about the community WAD and how to install it here.
You can find out more information about the community WAD decks and how to install them here.
I recommend getting Xander9009's sync tool -- it's a very easy way to keep up to date with the latest community WAD (newly coded cards and fixes) and any changes to decks or new decks. It's pretty awesome.

...and of course you need the base game Magic 2014 — Duels of the Planeswalkers

About my decks
My decks are targetted for 1v1 play only, as that's the only thing I play, and in the absence of being able to save deck builds I opted for no sideboard cards. There are a couple of decks that are kind of in a league of their own in terms of power, which are indicated in the Deck Lists section, while the rest should play fair with each other, but probably a touch more powerful than the base decks that come with the official game. I should also make it clear that I use Manual Mana.

I recommend turning on the 'Auto Resolution' in advanced settings when using a lot of the combo decks, and all of the infinite combo decks (at least when you hit the combo).

NOTE: The AI is pretty hopeless at using most of these decks; it struggles with manual mana, and also with complex combos, which many of the decks rely upon. So don't expect a challenge against the AI if it's using these decks. Having said that, it can do pretty well with the mono-colour aggro decks.

Deck Tiers
I used to have a list of my recommended decks here (aka my favourite decks). But over time I grew to realise that this was probably pointless as it was heavily biased towards my tastes. Everybody will have their own tastes, and they may not align with mine. More recently as I was replaying a lot of old decks and upgrading them to try and match the power of some of my newer decks I realised that there is quite a gulf in the power of my decks, even after moving the most ridiculously powerful decks to my other mod. So, I thought something more useful to those of you who use my mod would be a tier list. This is my best approximation of tiers for my decks, but being unable to properly test against another human, and due to the simple fact there are so many, it's likely to have some inaccuracies. While the tiers are labelled based on formats, with Legacy being one of the most powerful, and Modern being the least powerful, the decks in these tiers don't necessarily belong in the formats that the tier labels are based on (i.e. they aren't necessarily legal in those formats), but their power level is somewhere around the power level of decks commonly found in those formats. I've included decks from my other mod (denoted with an asterisk) for comparison, as I think there is actually some overlap now. So without further ado, here they are:
| Open
"Stupid Tier"
*Rise Of Irindu

"Legacy Tier"
*Elfrakul
*Kobold Storm
*Corona

"Vintage tier"
Mail-Order Eldrazi =D>
Ancient Relics
The Meaning of Life
Devoted To Obliteration =D>
Setessan Colossi ...and Friends =D>
Soul Sisters =D>
Equipped For War
Clerics Of Orzhova
Grinder's Servant
Consortium Of Minds =D>
Groundhog Day
Strength In Numbers
Persistance Is Not Futile
Evil Goblins
Devotion To The Flame
Swimming With The Fishes
Devout Jazal
Fire & Lightning =D>

"Modern tier 1"
The Western Way
The High Life
Flash Point
Congratulations It's A Squid
Mako Spring
Ascension Storm =D>
Tezzacotta Army
Revegetation =D>
Sadistic Friends
Police State 2013 =D>
Shrieking Mad
Fiery Stampede
Forest Chant
No Offence
Grimgrin's Colossus
Captivated By The Bloodline
What A Rack
She's A Maniac =D>
Double Trouble
Access Denied =D>
The Great Selesnyan Expansion
The Last March Of The Ents
Spore
Heroes Of Urd
Experiments In Grafting Hydra =D>
Miraculous Nothingness

"Modern tier 2"

Nine Lives
A Horrible Night
Grand Army Of The Republic
Spawning Hatred
Malignant Tumour
Cerebrum Exhauriunt =D>

Voltron Retethered
Memory Leak
I Hate My life
Sustained Concussion
It's Getting Stuffy In Here
Jeskai Prowess*
Only A Myth*

"Competetively Challenged Tier"

No Pain, No Gain*
Cordyceps Brain Infection*

=D> = my favourite decks

I'm thinking that maybe I should I did move Corona into my OP decks mod; it's almost always a turn 4 win, sometimes a turn 3. That's going to blow almost any of these decks out of the water, except maybe one or two aggro lifegain decks that could outrun the damage. I'm also still on the fence about Mail-Order Eldrazi. At this stage Ancient Relics can probably come down into my main mod, but it's a horribly inconsistent deck, so I'm not sure if I want it in my main mod -- I designed it specifically as a "boss deck" to be wielded by the AI, in the vein of previous DOTP bosses, powerful when things go right, but fairly benign if not. Last but not least, The Meaning Of Life is a bit of a conundrum; I think I have to play test it a bit more against different decks to see where it truly fits in this tier list. That kind of goes for most of the decks mentioned in this comments section, and the tier list itself; maybe there's only one Vintage Tier and one Legacy Tier?? or maybe there's a Legacy 1 and Legacy 2, and all Legacy decks should be in my OP mod; then I can call it my Legacy mod.

There may also be a tier between modern 2 and competitively challenged, something like "standard" perhaps -- it's filled mostly with crap decks that I feel like deleting from my mod -- maybe I'll split them off into a "sh!t decks mod". I've used an asterisk to mark decks that I want to delete from my mod, either because they're just sh!t (No Pain, No Gain I'm looking at you!) or they're similar enough to but not as good as other decks in my mod, making them feel redundant (e.g. Only A Myth & Congratulations It's A Squid, or Jeskai Prowess & Police State 2013. Although if I ever have a crap tonne of time again (so when I'm 80) I might explore these decks further and try to make them work, probably by throwing in some "cheap" restricted legacy cards)

And if I ever have the time and motivation I may even colour the deck watermarks based on these tiers...

PS the base game decks sit somewhere between the Competetively Challenged Tier and Modern Tier 2 (except for when the AI is cheating, and then they can seem to sit up in Modern Tier 1, but trust me, they're not). Some, e.g. Avacyn's Glory and Mind Maze sit firmly within Modern Tier 2.

The Decks:

Cerebrum Exhauriunt -- {B} {U} {W} Speed Mill
Data_Decks_131400_CEREBRUM_EXHAURIUNT.wad
about the deck:
| Open
Credit for this deck goes to Sergal from their deck Esper Mill Done Right.
Speed Mill; mill the opponent aggressively before they get you. You have some great tools at your disposal to help accomplish this.

It's Getting Stuffy in Here -- {R} {W}
Data_Decks_131401_ITS_GETTING_STUFFY_IN_HERE.wad
about the deck:
| Open
I originally built this deck because I liked the Stuffy Doll - Furnace of Wrath interaction, but I never put a lot of thought into the deck. With that interaction as the core I just filled the deck with mono-red sweepers that only damage creatures, some sol rings to speed up the deck, and some defensive creatures like Chandra's Phoenix and Goblin Arsonist. I never liked the deck though -- it was too one-dimensional and suffered badly from inconsistency (that'll happen when you only have one play set of cards with the core effects, with no redundancy). For so long I didn't like the deck enough to be bothered trying to make it work, and I became focused on other decks...until I got so sick of looking at this abomination in my deck list that I decided to do something about it -- so I poached a deck list from here :P . And with some modification (EDIT: and further subsequent modification) I now have a decent deck that uses Stuffy Doll (and still has the Furnace of Wrath interaction, but a bunch more cool interactions too) in my mod.
The link provides tips on how to play the deck and the roles of each card. Further to this, as I've added some interactions that aren't in that version:
Guilty Conscience is the big win-con. Stick it on a Doll or indestructible Boros Reckoner or Spitemare for "infinite" damage distributed as you please.
Use Enlightened Tutor to tutor for Guilty Conscience or Stuffy Doll, or even Pariah or Dictate of the Twin Gods (depending on which will most likely win you the game, or bring the most fun).
Gideon Blackblade is a nice fit in this deck -- an additional source of indestructible for your flimsy "dolls", a 4/4 body to push damage through, and potentially a reason for your enemy to go on the attack (initiating damage from your dolls) or use removal, and he only costs {3}. Gideon also enables an infinite lifegain combo, if a Reckoner or Spitemare is granted lifelink by Gideon and indestructible by another means, and is dealt damage then all that's left is to repeatedly self-target for infinite lifegain.
Resolute Watchdog is handy too -- early protection, and later on they can give indestructible (only a single target is needed to be made indestructible anyway!), and they can even help fund Blasphemous Act at the same time.
Arcbond on a Soulfire Grand Master (or other lifelink creature thanks to Gideon) goes alright too.
And I just had a game where I used Boros Charm to give doublestrike to the opponent's most powerful creature after blocking it with my Stuffy Doll -- fun times!

Flash Point -- {R} {W}
Data_Decks_131402_FLASH_POINT.wad
about the deck:
| Open
a fairly straight-forward R/W burn deck. Should be self-explanatory.

Ascension Storm -- {R} {U}
Data_Decks_131403_ASCENSION_STORM.wad
about the deck:
| Open
As the name suggests, the deck revolves around Pyromancer Ascension. Step 1. play Pyromancer Ascension, step 2. play spells, step 3. profit. I'd advise not playing Pyromancer Ascension in the first 3-4 turns -- keeping mana open for early counterspells/counter-burn is more important, and it's likely you wouldn't be triggering Pyromancer Ascension anyway. There's no need to play PA until you're able to trigger it.

Setessan Colossi ...and Friends -- {G}
Data_Decks_131404_SETESSAN_COLOSSI_AND_FRIENDS.wad
about the deck:
| Open
this deck was inspired by a deck I found on Tapped Out; "Sylvan Colossuses (Colosseese? Colossi?)" by Fal1entrixt3r. However, it's undergone quite a few changes now, beefed up quite a bit and not sure if it's modern legal anymore.

I'm sure you can figure out how it plays.

What I like is how it can just explode after turn 4 or thereabouts. I've been in positions where I'm extremely low on life and things are looking dire, then I play almost my entire deck in the next turn and steal the win.

Equipped for War -- {W} Midrange Equipment
Data_Decks_131405_EQUIPPED_FOR_WAR.wad
about the deck:
| Open
Making a return from my 2013 mod. Midrange equipment deck that uses the power of Etched Champion coupled with some effective equipment.

Kor Skyfisher: Play if (1) you have a Puresteel Paladin and a cheap equipment in play, return the equipment for extra card draw, (2) you have a Stoneforge Mystic in play, return the Mystic for extra fetch, or (3) you missed a land drop -- you can return a land and play it straight away.
Should go without saying, but don't play your Etched Champion until you have at least 2 other artifacts in play.
In this deck, Stoneforge Mystic is basically a Steelshaper's Gift with a body attached, as there isn't much use for her ability in this deck (although in the most recent update I added an Argentum Armor). Can therefore be used to chump block if desperate and it's not the end of the world.
Basilisk Collar may be the most valuable equipment in the deck. Usually a first-fetch for me, followed by Umezawa's Jitte, Sword of Fire and Ice, and Avacyn's Collar, then the rest.
Don't be fooled by Fireshrieker -- it's really cool to add double strike to the abilties on Sword of Fire and Ice and Umezawa's Jitte, but it should be one of the last equipments you aim to play. Unfortunately, it's usually GG by the time it's a good time to play, so it seems kind of redundant. I'm seriously considering replacing it with an equipment that can provide some extra bang and to get some extra use out of the Mystics and Giant (and Paladins), something like Argentum Armor.

Double Trouble -- {W} Equipment Weenie Rush
Data_Decks_131406_DOUBLE_TROUBLE.wad
about the deck:
| Open
equipment deck I "borrowed" from tappedout. I've tried to re-find the deck I borrowed the ideas from, but I can't find it, so it's going to have to go uncredited. It's not exactly a groundbreaking design though.

NOTE: I'm thinking of dropping the Path to Exile cards and replacing with some protection spells, or one extra Dispatch and 2 protection spells. I'm also pondering over whether to add a Basilisk Collar and/or a third Stoneforge Mystic, but I don't know what I'd replace for them.

No Pain, No Gain -- {B} {G} {W} Ramp, Life Gain, Fatties
Data_Decks_131407_NO_PAIN_NO_GAIN.wad
about the deck:
| Open
This was kind of my pet deck for a while, because I love fatties and ramp, and black and green (white just seems to make it's way into every deck somehow), but I have a love-hate relationship with it. I want it to be a viable deck and I put a lot of effort into attempting to achieve that, but I think I played it so much in the process I burnt it out, so I'm kind of numb to it. I hope you can get some enjoyment out of it. It's main flaw is that it's a bit too slow.

A revamp of Morglen Mafia from my DOTP2013 release, which I actually split into two decks; this and Orzhov Mafia.

There are four components to this deck: fatties (the win-cons), ramp (to play the fatties earlier), pain card draw (to ensure drawing the fatties), and life gain (to counterbalance the life loss from pain draw). There is also support from a range of versatile removal to hold the fort along with the life gain until the ramp and card draw have secured a win-con.

Something slightly funny about this deck is even if all the creatures are removed somehow, you can still mill your opponent by preventing your card-draw, and gaining ~16 life per turn in the process.

Tips:
Mana: Aim to get one of each mana-type covered first, in an order fitting your cards in hand (although you may want a second swamp before a plains if you have Phyrexian Arena, etc.), then aim to get a second forest and up to 4 swamps before thinking about more plains
Primeval Titan: It's great to fetch both Vault of the Archangel and Volrath's Stronghold at first opportunity.
Words of Worship is great for getting life back in combo with cards like Night’s Whisper, Bloodgift Demon, Phyrexian Arena, and Greed; but especially cool with Griselbrand -- pay 2 mana to gain 3 life and draw 5 cards? yes please!

Soul Sisters -- {W} Tokens and Life Gain
Data_Decks_131408_SOUL_SISTERS.wad
about the deck:
| Open
see general strategy of any soul sisters archetype deck. I'm quite proud of this deck -- when I made it I had no idea soul sisters was an archetype, so in effect I developed a deck archetype :P

Clerics of Orzhova -- {B} {W}
Data_Decks_131409_CLERICS_OF_ORZHOVA.wad
about the deck:
| Open
Cleric tribal. Play clerics, gain life, sac clerics, create zombies, create demons, gain life, resurrect clerics, rinse, repeat.

Some fun plays/combos:
Fiend Hunter + sac outlet (+resurrection)
Rotlung Reanimator + sac outlet (+resurrection)
sac outlet + Skirsdag High Priest (+resurrection)
Rotlung Reanimator + sac outlet + Skirsdag High Priest (+resurrection)
Fiend Hunter + sac outlet + Rotlung Reanimator + Skirsdag High Priest (+resurrection)

TIPS:
*maybe a tricky thing to get used to is using Aether Vial to get your creatures out, and leaving mana open to activate abilities.
*Get Aether Vial to 3 counters and leave it there (except on the very off chance that you have a Doubtless One in hand, no other plays, and <4 lands; then it could be worth going to 4 to get the Doubtless One in play -- remember, you may be able to sac it with things like Starlit Sanctum or Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim, resurrect it, and then cheat it out again, so the Aether Vial with 4 counters isn't wasted because Doubtless One is the only 4-drop in the deck)

Fire & lightning -- {R} {U}
Data_Decks_131413_FIRE__LIGHTNING.wad
about the deck:
| Open

Grinder's Servant -- {U} Control with instant mill combo
Data_Decks_131415_GRINDERS_SERVANT.wad
about the deck:
| Open
combo Painter's Servant with Grindstone to "instantly" mill your opponent's entire deck. There are plenty of control options to aid you in your endeavour.

Tezzacotta Army -- {U} Artifact Tokens (infinite combo)
Data_Decks_131416_TEZZACOTTA_ARMY.wad
about the deck:
| Open
The aim of this deck is to hit an infinite combo, and while it can do some damage without the combo, with help from cards like Master of Etherium and Wurmcoil Engine, it's geared more toward hitting that combo, so it's a little vulnerable if it doesn't.

the combo:
e.g.
2x Myr Retriever/Junk Diver + Ashnod's Altar/Krark Clan Ironworks + Genesis Chamber/Etherium Sculptor + Blasting Station/Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

There are many variants of the core combo; some will grant infinite mana, others will grant both infinite mana and infinite 1/1 tokens. If an infitie token combo is hit then it won't necessarily be essential to have one of the finishers (Blasting Station/Emrakul, the Aeons Torn) on hand, but it is more fun :)

Fabricate and Preordain help get the pieces. (don't play Fabricate too early; it's best to save it for the last piece)

Etched Champion helps stall, or can go on the offensive if the situation suits.

Wurmcoil Engine helps stall, or can go offensive.

Consortium of Minds -- {B} {G} {R} {U} Birthing Pod Combo
Data_Decks_131418_CONSORTIUM_OF_MINDS.wad
about the deck:
| Open
Combos:
Doubling Season + Jace, Architect of Thought -- this is the main combo. Use Jace's -8 ability to play another Jace, and again, and finish by playing Nicol Bolas
Marchesa, the Black Rose + Geralf’s Messenger + Birthing Pod

Groundhog Day -- {B} {G} {W} Tokens & Counters (infinite combo)
Data_Decks_131419_GROUNDHOG_DAY.wad
about the deck:
| Open
As with Tezzacotta Army, the aim of this deck is to hit an infinite combo, but it's not essential for a win as the deck can hold it's own with help from it's "power cards" Master of the Wild Hunt, Champion of Lambholdt, and Voice of Resurgence (FYI the last two ascend to even greater heights when added to an infinite combo)

infinite combos:
undying + Ashnod's Altar + Ghave, Guru of Spores/Sage of Fables
Doubling Season + Ashnod's Altar + Ghave, Guru of Spores

As you can see, Ashnod's Altar is a pretty integral part of the combo and hence deck.

NOTE: Yes, Groundhog Day isn't really a fitting name for this deck -- I was just thinking about the part where he tries killing himself over and over, but it would really be more fitting for a deck that abused things like Time Warp and Temporal Mastery. I guess this deck is more like the movie Oblivion, or what happens to Mila in the Resident Evil movie, or Jimmy in Hardcore Henry.

Captivated by Blood -- {B} {W} Vampires
Data_Decks_131420_CAPTIVATED_BY_BLOOD.wad
about the deck:
| Open

Grimgrin's Colossus -- {B} {U} Zombie Sacrifice
Data_Decks_131421_GRIMGRINS_COLOSSUS.wad
about the deck:
| Open
Fairly self-explanatory. Probably the most technical play to the deck is using Thrull Parasite to replenish creatures with undying for "unlimited" recursion. It can also be used for other cool things like removing +1/+1 counters from opponent creatures during combat, or what have you.

The idea of having Thrull Parasite to replenish undying creatures I got from Tapped Out; from the deck "Great Minds Taste Alike" by Stillabris.

Strength in Numbers -- {B} {G} {W} Tokens
Data_Decks_131422_STRENGTH_IN_NUMBERS.wad
about the deck:
| Open
From my 2013 mod. Just a token deck. Spam tokens and win.

The Meaning of Life -- {W}
Data_Decks_131423_THE_MEANING_OF_LIFE.wad
about the deck:
| Open
from tappedout. Thanks Mpz5

Sadistic Friends -- {B} {G} {R}
Data_Decks_131424_SADISTIC_FRIENDS.wad
about the deck:
| Open
The sadistic friends are Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Garruk Relentless, Prossh, Skyraider of Kher, Kresh the Bloodbraided, Adun Oakenshield, Xira Arien, and the Shattergang Brothers. Nissa might not seem the type, but she loves generating plants to be sacrificed for pleasure. Adun Oakenshield may appear gallant on the exterior, but he enjoys bringing tortured souls back from the dead for another round. Garruk is Garruk, get him pissed and he becomes a beast. Daretti and the Shattergang Brothers are downright evil. Xira helps get everyone to the sadists party. Prossh is good at rounding up kobolds. And Kresh revels in watching the carnage.
Come and make some new friends. :mrgreen:

Malignant Tumour -- {G} {U} Tokens & Counters
Data_Decks_131425_MALIGNANT_TUMOUR.wad
about the deck:
| Open

Experiments in Grafting Hydra -- {G} {U} Evolve + Graft
Data_Decks_131427_EXPERIMENTS_IN_GRAFTING_HYDRA.wad
about the deck:
| Open
considering Tanglesap as a 1- or 2-of; probably to replace a Mutant's Prey and a Simic Charm. In that case I'd probably consider adding in an extra Crowned Ceratock, either to replace a Kalonian Hydra, Cytoplast Root-kin, or Fungal Behemoth. I'm also considering replacing a Renegade Krasis with a second Plaxcaster Frogling -- this would be independent of any other changes. So many decisions to make! :cry:

The High Life -- {W} Extreme Life Gain
Data_Decks_131429_THE_HIGH_LIFE.wad
about the deck:
| Open

Grand Army of the Republic -- {W} {U} Midrange
Data_Decks_131430_GRAND_ARMY_OF_THE_REPUBLIC.wad
about the deck:
| Open
Pretty simple; get a bunch of creatures out and mirrorweave a Pride of the Clouds, Drogskol Captain, or Thistledown Liege.

Shrieking Mad -- {U} Mill (Infinite Combo)
Data_Decks_131431_SHRIEKING_MAD.wad
about the deck
| Open
Credit for this deck goes to LordOfMishap from tapped out modified slightly from their deck Mindshriwker Holocaust

This deck has multiple win-cons: (1) mill using Mindshrieker, (2) "mill" using Blue Sun's Zenith, (3) damage using a buffed Mindshrieker.
The aim is to get a combo with Pili-Pala, Grand Architect, and Mindshrieker. Basically, when you have Pili-Pala and Grand Architect in play you have infinite mana -- (1) use Grand Architect to make Pili-Pala Blue, (2) use Grand Architect to tap Pili-Pala to produce 2 colourless mana, (3) use 2 colourless mana to untap Pili-Pala and produce 1 blue mana, (4) repeat from step 2. You can also start this combo by attacking with Pili-Pala to get it tapped, in which case you go (3), (1-4), and which makes it possible the turn you play Grand Architect. Muddle the Mixture can fetch Pili-Pala, and Drift of Phantasms can fetch Grand Architect. When you get the combo you should have the opponent locked out by way of your plethora of counterspells. Drift of Phantasms can fetch BSZ, and Muddle the Mixture can fetch Mindshrieker (you may need a Tormod's Crypt if going this route though; Blue Sun's Zenith will get the job done without the need for a Tormod's Crypt, so if your opponent has Eldrazi or anything like that then BSZ is the safer option). If you don't have any of the aforementioned cards, you may be lucky enough to have a Staff of Domination which you can use to draw your wincons (and gain life).

Staff of Domination (fetchable with Drift of Phantasms) provides "infinite" card draw (and/or life) when you have infinite mana, which will ensure that you draw a Mindshrieker, BSZ, or any other card you may desire.
Tormod's Crypt prevents Eldrazi library refill effects (not necessary with BSZ).
Elixir of Immortality prevents self-mill if necessary.
Don't forget, Mindshrieker can also be used to attack the opponent!

Now that I'm thinking about it, Staff of Domination, while flashy and fun, isn't really that useful -- it needs the infinite mana combo to be effective (to draw the win-con), but in that case an extra copy of a win-con (BSZ) would be equally effective. Even more effective would be an extra Drift of Phantasms, which can be used to fetch a BSZ OR fetch the architect for the combo.
Tormod's Crypt is sort of a waste of a card space also, as decks with cards with Eldrazi library refill effects can be dealt with by BSZ or damage from Mindshrieker. This is without considering the fact that as a one-of, the chances of you having it when you need it are fairly slim; and come to think of it, I don't think I've used it once in all my testing.

Fiery Stampede -- {G} {R}
Data_Decks_131432_FIERY_STAMPEDE.wad
about the deck:
| Open

Sustained Concussion -- {B} {R} {U} Creatureless Discard
Data_Decks_131433_SUSTAINED_CONCUSSION.wad
about the deck
| Open
The strategy is pretty obvious; get down some Liliana's Caress/Megrim/Quest for the Nihil Stone and start making your opponent discard using cards like Dack Fayden, Wistful Thinking, Reforge the Soul, Liliana of the Veil, Cephalid Coliseum, Thoughtseize, and Despise. Some removal in the form of Terminate, Damnation, Liliana of the Veil, and doubling as discard Thoughtseize and Despise, helps keep the opponent under control.
Reforge the Soul is special as it both forces the opponent to discard often large amounts of cards, refills their hand for further discard, and refills your hand.
Tips:
It should be pretty obvious, but only use Cephalid Coliseum's ability when it will win you the game. Land is precious in this deck, so you don't want to handicap yourself by putting yourself a land drop behind in the early game.
Usually, if you draw a bonfire any time after you have 3 land down, you probably want to use it for it's miracle cost, even if the opponent has no enemies out -- you probably won't play it otherwise; the only exception is if you have Liliana of the Veil in play and need a target for discard.

NOTE: I'm wondering if I should replace 1 Damnation with an additional Terminate? Probably not. Damnation will kill the thing I want to kill with Terminate and anything else out there. So what if it costs 2 more, it shouldn't be a problem most of the time.

Congratulations, It's a Squid! -- {U} {B}
Data_Decks_131434_CONGRATULATIONS_ITS_A_SQUID.wad
about the deck
| Open
used Xander9009's deck idea from his deck Stream of Thought (available from the same place as these decks). Removed the mill. Boosted the focus on Chasm Skulker and Psychosis Crawler as win-cons. Added counter spells to help traverse the early-game as that's where I thought the deck suffered -- later in the game they also add an extra layer of protection to the win-cons and combo with the return to hand effects.
More recently I gave the deck a full revamp using ideas from the decks Oodles of Squids: 50 Squids Darker and Oodles of Squids, and So Can You! ($50) by Rayze_Darr on TappedOut

Mako Spring -- {G} {R} {U} Ramp (infinite combo)
Data_Decks_131436_MAKO_SPRING.wad
about the deck:
| Open
This deck almost has to go in my OP decks mode, but I'm not sure how powerful it truely is, not being able to playtest it against other humans. It's not super-fast (like turn 2-3 win) and I have if feeling it would be very vulnerable to removal and counter magic.
Go infinite with Palinchron + enchanted lands. My favourite way to do this is to Tooth and Nail into Riku of Two Reflections and Palinchron, if you get them down in the right order (select Palinchron first when choosing which to put onto the battlefield) you can untap your lands before Riku's ability triggers, then use his ability to copy Palinchron and before it resolves tap all your land for mana. Use the Palinchron token to untap your lands then return the real Palinchron to your hand, Cast Palinchron, copy with Riku, tap lands, untap lands, tap lands, untap lands, rinse and repeat = infinite (read:100) Palinchron tokens, and infinite mana (provided you have something to spend it on) which you can use to mill your opponent (Blue Sun's Zenith), burn your opponent (Red Sun's Zenith), remove all your opponents permanents from play (capsize), or get an extra turn allowing you to attack with your token army before the opponent gets a turn (Emrakul, the Aeons Torn) (you can also get infinite turns if you have Emrakul and Capsize, but you definitely won't need them).
Tips:
Emrakul can be copied with Riku -- if you send the token to the graveyard it will still refresh your library.
I recommend only using Capsize with buyback activated UNLESS (1) you have more than one copy in hand, or (2) you're desperate.
Definitely mulligan for at least 1 land enchantment.
Best play is probably T1 forest, Utopia Sprawl/Wild Growth; T2 Island/Hinterland/Breeding Pit, Overgrowth; T3 Land (something with island if you didn't get Utopia Sprawl), Garruk Wildspeaker; T4 entwined Tooth and Nail for Riku and Palinchron.

Cordyceps Brain Infection -- {B} {G} Fungusaur + Pestilence
Data_Decks_131437_CORDYCEPS_BRAIN_INFECTION.wad
about the deck:
| Open
This deck is heavily based on Camstar's Pestilence Deck. I modified it slightly to make it 60 cards and enhance what I thought was the strongest component of the deck, and I added the creative spin on the theme. Not the strongest deck, but I love the flavour and synergy, and I hope others will too.
Neat Combos:
Rite of Passage/Fungusaur + Pestilence effects
Creature-based Pestilence effects + Vampiric Link
creature-based Pestilence effects + Keen Sense
Mana generating walls + Assault Formation
Pestilence effects + Sun Droplet (works better the more you have out)
Tips:
Make sure you don't play Pestilence without any creatures on the battlefield.
Aim to have at least two lands in your opening hand (two is usually enough as long as you also have a mana producing card).

Voltron Retethered -- {G} {W} Auras
Data_Decks_131439_VOLTRON_RETETHERED.wad
about the deck:
| Open
The ultimate in non-interactivity. Draw, draw, draw, discard, then use retether to enchant a shrouded/hexproofed creature with all the enchantments.

combos:
Auratog + Rancor
Argothian Enchantress/Verduran Enchantress/Enchantress’s Presence + Auratog + Rancor
Argothian Enchantress/Verduran Enchantress/Enchantress’s Presence + Flickering Ward

Forest Chant -- {G} Turbo Ramp
Data_Decks_131440_FOREST_CHANT
about the deck:
| Open
Bascially a modified Chant of the Mul Daya (you know, from the base game). I know a lot of people don't enjoy these kinds of deck, as they're not very interactive, but sometimes I just like to turn my brain off, and that urge is generally accompanied by an urge to wield massive creatures. I've removed the eldrazi, pumped up the ramp, and added some more interesting bombs (e.g. Kamahl, Fist of Krosa) that also have some cool interactions with each other (e.g. Craterhoof Behemoth + Avenger of Zendikar, Kamahl, Fist of Krosa + Avenger of Zendikar + Gaea’s Cradle, etc.)
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 10 Oct 2019, 14:26, edited 218 times in total.
nivmizzet1

Re: NivMizzet1's deck mods

Postby nivmizzet1 » 20 Mar 2015, 18:13

decks cont...

Mail-Order Eldrazi -- {U} {G} Twelvepost Ramp Combo (Infinite)
Data_Decks_131503_MAILORDER_ELDRAZI
about the deck:
| Open
Get a cloudpost in play with one or more other locus lands and combo with Candelabra of Tawnos for lots of mana. Use Eye of Ugin to fetch Eldrazi. When you have enough mana to fetch and play Emrakul in the same turn you can go infinite.

Spawning Hatred -- {G} {R} Eldrazi spawn
Data_Decks_131441_SPAWNING_HATRED
about the deck:
| Open
Simple and streamlined. 1. Get a bunch of Eldrazi Spawn on the board, 2. drop 1-2 Shared Animosity or Beastmaster Ascension, 3. Profit
Alternate strategy: 1. Get a bunch of Eldrazi Spawn on the board, 2. sacrifice the spawn and play Fresh Meat (preferably at the end of opponents turn), 3. Profit

Police State 2013 -- {U} {R} {W} Control
Data_Decks_131442_POLICE_STATE_2013
about the deck:
| Open
This is Shahar Shenhar's winning deck from the 2013 MTG World Championship modern format. However, it's missing 2x Shadow of Doubt because that card is impossible to code. Instead I've added 2x Remand which have a similar (but obviously not the same) function.
DISCLAIMER: The deck wielded in the 2013 championship was not called Police State 2013, that was my addition -- police state because the colours match police colours and it's a control deck, the 2013 as a nod to the fact it was champion deck in that year, and it makes the title sound kind of like a futuristic sci-fi type thing (well, from the 70s or 80s).

A Horrible Night -- {B} {R} Vampires
Data_Decks_131443_A_HORRIBLE_NIGHT
about the deck:
| Open
Credit for this deck goes to YamishiTheWickedOne from Tapped Out, based on his Castlevania-themed deck What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
I had this deck in my 2013 mod, with some slight differences. It's better now.
Fairly straightforward aggro, but I think there are still some cool interactions that you don't always get in aggro decks

She's a Maniac -- {B} {U} {G} Dredge Reanimator
Data_Decks_131444_SHES_A_MANIAC
about the deck:
| Open
One of my favourite decks. I've been wanting to build a reanimator deck for some time, and this finally came together. Simple strategy -- get cards into your graveyard and reanimate (or dredge for hard cast, and more cards in graveyard). win-cons are Kessig Cagebreakers and Laboratory Maniac+Think Twice (Maniac is more of a back-up); both can be reanimated with Dread Return. Cabal Therapy can be used to get Wonder and Vengeful Pharaoh into the graveyard. Nantuko Cultivator+Life From the Loam+Dredge is a sick self-mill engine. The deck needs cards in the graveyard early, so Hedron Crab, Dream Twist, and Life From the Loam (which helps you hit your land drops too) are your friends

Persistance is (Not) Futile -- {W} {B} {R} {U} {G} Persist Combo (Pod without the pod?)
Data_Decks_131445_PERSISTANCE_IS_NOT_FUTILE
about the deck:
| Open
A fun combo deck that's also up there with my favourites. Go infinite with Zameck Guildmage/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Sadistic Glee + River Kelpie/Murderous Redcap/Kitchen Finks + Carrion Feeder/Fallen Ideal. Infinite damage if Murderous Redcap is involved in that. Infinite life if Kitchen Finks is involved. Infinite card draw with River Kelpie. Infinite damage if you add a Deathbringer Thoctar. Otherwise you're just swinging with a massivley pumped feeder/thrinax.

Access Denied -- {W} {U} Bounce Control
Data_Decks_131446_ACCESS_DENIED
about the deck:
| Open
Venser is a pretty big win-con but not the only one. Celestial Colonnade makes a good win-con too when there are no creatures on opponents side to worry about. Alternately you can just slowly wilt your opponent down with repeated swings with 2/2 creatures, but at some stage you will probably have Ephara to help out as well.
Control elements: Fiend Hunter + Whitemane Lion/Cloudshift/Deputy of Acquittals; Stonehorn Dignitry + Venser/Whitemane Lion/Cloudshift/Deputy of Acquittals; Snapcaster Mage + Familiar’s Ruse, etc.
Card draw: Ephara, God of the Polis (+ Whitemane Lion or Deputy of Acquittals for 2 extra cards per turn), Jace, the Mind Sculptor (handy card-draw PLUS returns your own or opponents creatures to hand).
Re-usable Snapcaster Mage = every spell is recastable!

I Hate My Life -- {W} {B} {R} Self-Harm Aggro
Data_Decks_131447_I_HATE_MY_LIFE
about the deck:
| Open
Hit the opponent with big damage quick. There is some difficulty in getting the right lands due to the {B} {B} {B} on Geralf’s Messenger coupled with the {R} and {W} requirements (there used to be Ball Lightning in this deck, but that was too much), but aim for {B} {B} {B} {R} {W} with your first three lands (i.e. at least two dual lands -- both with {B}, 1 with {R}, and 1 with {W}, plus a swamp or other dual land with {B}), then it doesn't really matter, as Geralf’s Messenger and other black spells are a much bigger part of the deck, and having a plains is far more important than a third mountain.
I would say the trick is to start as fast as possible, so in most cases you should take the damage from the taplands if it means you can play something, you can recover health with Lightning Helix, and chances are you'll be doing more damage to the opponent anyway.
Some cool combos:
reset Keldon Marauders with Restoration Angel.
re-use entry/exit effects on Keldon Marauders and Geralf’s Messenger with Restoration Angel.
if Keldon Marauders is played on the first turn that it can then it will leave the battlefield (dealing 1 dmg to opponent) the same turn Rakdos is playable (provided you hit lands each turn), meaning his requirements will be met.
Fling + Geralf’s Messenger, Fling + Shambling Remains, Fling + Rakdos, Fling + Vexing Devil (if you ever get it on the battlefield), Fling + Immolating Souleater, Fling + Flesh Reaver, Fling + Death’s Shadow. Basically, Fling!!
Fling + Shambling Remains + unearth ability.
Immolating Souleater + life + Fling
Death’s Shadow + self-harm (fetch land, Flesh Reaver, Immolating Souleater) + Fling

Revegetation -- {W} {R} {U} {G} Titania, Protector of Argoth Combo (Infinite)
Data_Decks_131448_REVEGETATION
about the deck:
| Open
This deck was supposed to be a combo deck with Realm Razer and Cosi's Ravager, utilising cards like Cloudshift, Momentary Blink, and Venser the Sojourner. However, it slowly morphed into something quite different.
Inspiration for this deck comes from Xander9009's Data_Decks_100089_TITANIA_PROTECTOR_OF_THE_LOAM.wad, which I played for the first time just prior to making this deck.
The deck seems OP when the combo is pulled off, but it's horribly inconsistent, keeping it from being ranked any higher than Modern Tier 1.
Strategy - sac lands and play them again, repeat; trigger Titania, Protector of Argoth, Windrider Eel, and Rampaging Baloths.
I feel like maybe I should replace explore with another finisher like the baloths; but with haste, hexproof, potentially infinite card draw, and multiple copies of titania I guess it's not really necessary; but maybe one more baloth would be nice...or maybe a Vinelasher Kudzu)

No Offence (aka The Best Form of Offence Is Defence) -- {W} {U} {G} Defender Ramp Combo (Infinite)
Data_Decks_131451_NO_OFFENCE
about the deck:
| Open
Credit for this deck goes to UrbanAnathema from Tapped Out, based on his deck The Source Wall.
Bloom Tender OR Axebane Guardian + 1 other defender PLUS Freed from the Real = infinite mana, or Overgrown Battlement + 4 other defenders OR Axebane Guardian + 4 other defenders PLUS Staff of Domination = infinite mana (and hence win because infinite draw and life). Spend mana on finishers -- Banefire, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, and Assault Formation -- or to draw the finishers using Staff of Domination. Protect the combo with Mother of Runes, Pact of Negation, and Cryptic Command.

Memory Leak -- {U} Control Mill
Data_Decks_131452_MEMORY_LEAK
about the deck:
| Open
Use counter spells early on until you have enough land (or nothing else to play), then start laying the foundations with Dictate of Kruphix and Howling Mine, once a few of them are in place get Jace’s Erasure in play and finish off your opponent with something flashy like Jace’s Archivist, Flow of Ideas, or double-cast Brainstorm or Visions of Beyond OR just grind them out.

What a Rack! -- {B} {R} 8Rack
Data_Decks_131453_WHAT_A_RACK
about the deck:
| Open
Credit for this deck goes to Kmcree from Tapped Out, based on their deck What a Rack!.

The Great Selesnyan Expansion -- {G} {W} Tokens
Data_Decks_131454_THE_GREAT_SELESNYAN_EXPANSION
about the deck:
| Open
make tokens, make more tokens, (optional: get lots of life), win

Jeskai Prowess -- {U} {R} {W} Midrange deck that uses prowess and control elements
Data_Decks_131455_JESKAI_PROWESS
about the deck:
| Open
credit for this deck goes to CurdBrosBrewingCo from Tapped Out, based on their deck Jeskai Prowess Unblockable

The Last March of the Ents -- {B} {G} {W} Treefolk Tribal
Data_Decks_131456_THE_LAST_MARCH_OF_THE_ENTS
about the deck:
| Open
credit for this deck goes to Meat from Tapped Out, based on their deck they didn't skip leg day

Spore -- {G} {B} Fungus "Combo"
Data_Decks_131460_SPORE
about the deck:
| Open
was originally a deck with two halves (like Consortium of Minds used to be), one focussing on a combo with Sporemound and Life and Limb, and the other just trying to be a compatable fungus deck to support the combo. Howveer, it was pretty weak, and not very fun, so I ditched that combo and focussed on making the deck more streamlined, cohesive, poewrful, and fun; and I think I succeeded.

Doubling Season is the workhorse of the deck -- you need to get at least one of these in play before you can work your way into a winning position.

Mycoloth and Sporesower are the main powerhouses of the deck.

Thelon of Havenwood is an alternative and rather juicy win-con, but he's guaranteed to be removed almost immediately if your opponent has any removal available. At the very least he will absorb some removal before you land a Mycoloth or Sporesower. Or he can be saved as a surprise final play.

Psychotrope Thallid and Fecundity provide plenty of card draw to guarantee you hit your win-cons and workhorses.

Utopia Mycon is an extremely valuable piece and not to be underestimated -- use wisely! Can help get important cards out a turn early. It also combos well with Fecundity and/or Psychotrope Thallid, and if you have one or more Doubling Season in play you can often play your entire deck in a single turn. fun times!

Spore Flower provides protection from flyers/unblockable in the mid-late game. I'm currently considering making it a full set because even with 3 it's still not guaranteed you'll get one, even with all the card draw.

Fists of Ironwood go good on Mycoloth if you have one in play that's nicely pumped.

NOTE: I'm currently considering replacing 2x Fists of Ironwood with a fourth Spore Flower and a third Thelon of Havenwood; or 2 DeathSpore Thallid (so it can kill cards like Grand Abolisher that completely screw over Spore Flower). I'll probably tinker with the lands a little as well -- I think there may be 1 or 2 too many Woodland Cemetery; maybe remove 2 of them and add an Overgrown Tomb.
I might even considering playing 3 DeathSpore Thallid and replacing another fungus card, possibly a Thallid Shell-Dweller.

The Western Way -- {W} {U} Knight Aggro
Data_Decks_131461_THE_WESTERN_WAY
about the deck:
| Open
from my 2013 mod, and originally based on The Western Way of War by MetaphysicalxProdigy on TappedOut

Nine Lives -- {R} {G} {W} Cat zoo
Data_Decks_131462_NINE_LIVES
about the deck:
| Open
pretty much taken verbatim from here
EDIT (25-11-16): and I just realised that Kithkin (147) already included this deck in his mod.

Only a Myth -- {B} {U} {W} control
Data_Decks_131464_ONLY_A_MYTH
about the deck:
| Open
credit for this deck goes to Spotred for their deck Mythseize. Click the deck link to see more about the deck.

Devoted to Obliteration -- {B} Aggro
Data_Decks_131465_DEVOTED_TO_OBLITERATION
about the deck:
| Open
originally this deck was almost a straight copy of the deck Devoted to Obliteration.. by Metroid Hybrid. I liked the idea, and the theme fit with my series of devotion decks (which I now have one in each colour); however, the deck seemed lacking in power and/or consistency, and also didn't make use of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, so I added a few illegal cards and the shrines and voila. It's quite different to the original deck now; it lost the Phyrexian Obliterator + Lashwrithe combo,
but it still has the Gray Merchant of Asphodel win-con, and a bunch of extra cool things. I will still give some credit to Metroid Hybrid for the idea, but it's very much its own beast now.

Miraculous Nothingness -- {B} {G} {R} {U} {W} Miracle control
Data_Decks_131466_MIRACULOUS_NOTHINGNESS
about the deck:
| Open
Going against my recent trend of just copying awesome decks that other people have constructued, this deck is actually my own concoction. There's a funny story to how it came to be; I misread the effect on the land cards like Azorius Chancery, so I thought I'd be able to target lands like Arid Mesa, then pop them before the Azorius Chancery effect resolved. I thought it would be an awesome way to ramp, and then why not finish with a Door to Nothingness? However, that is not how these lands work as there is no "target" in the text. So then I was left with a deck full of these lands that would return other lands. I already had some scry lands in the deck so I topped up on them, then I thought about what could get the most advantage from this, and the miracle effect came to mind, and the deck kind of just built itself from there. Then I realised it was better to remove the Azorius Chancery-type lands. I'm quite happy with how it turned out in the end, considering how it began.

Finishers include Door to Nothingness, Entreat the Angels, and even Bonfire of the Damned
Use Brainstorm and Jace to return miracle cards from your hand to the deck if you missed out on playing their miracle cost
Be clever with your scry lands and Serum Visions to avoid drawing miracle cards with Serum Visions
Keep your opponent in check with your plethora of removal and other control, both miracle and otherwise
Enjoy! :)

Corona -- {R} speed burn
Data_Decks_131467_CORONA
about the deck:
| Open
Basically any old Legacy Burn deck with a couple of minor modifications to fit in with my mod (i.e. hopefully not be OP).

Evil Goblins -- {R} weenie rush / tokens
Data_Decks_131468_EVIL_GOBLINS
about the deck:
| Open
Basically any old Legacy Goblin deck with a couple of minor modifications to fit in with my mod (i.e. hopefully not be OP).

Heroes of Urd -- {G} {W} heroic
Data_Decks_131469_HEROES_OF_URD
about the deck:
| Open
the "heroes" of the deck are the cat soldier and the guy that gives everyone +1/+1.
Select "soldier" type with Obelisk of Urd and profit.
Launch the Fleet is fun to use when you have at least 4 guys (even 3 is very effective), especially when 2 of them are Vanguard of Brimaz and Phalanx Leader.
Tip: Due to constraints of game it's best to play Vanguard of Brimaz before(?) Phalanx Leader if you have both in hand so that Vanguard of Brimaz will triger first if you trigger them both at the same time with something like Launch the Fleet.
Idea for core mechanics borrowed from TappedOut, but modified quite substantially.

Devotion to the Flame -- {R} devotion deck
Data_Decks_131470_DEVOTION_TO_THE_FLAME
about the deck:
| Open
borrowed from TappedOut. Will post link eventually.

Swimming With the Fishes -- {U} merfolk devotion deck
Data_Decks_131471_SWIMMING_WITH_THE_FISHES
about the deck:
| Open
combo: Merrow Reejerey + Enclave Cryptologist is pretty handy. Get more than one Reejerey and it's very handy. If you have a shrine out as well then it's probably gg.

Devout Jazal -- {W} white devotion deck
Data_Decks_131472_DEVOUT_JAZAL.wad
about the deck:
| Open
Finally a deck that I can use Transcendant Master effectively in!! (I had it in No Pain, No Gain a long time ago, but it just didn't work).

Jazal is the main win-con; you can draw him with the lancers. If he dies to removal, Odric is probably the next best bet.
If he also dies to removal, god is probably a good choice. If he dies to removal, maybe you can beat face with beefed up, protected Transcendant Masters, Figure of Destinys, and/or Baneslayer Angels/Divinity of Prides (I'm still deciding what will work best in the deck; probably the Baneslayer because of the match with first strike, and that without conditions it has 1 extra P/T, and at that stage of the game the 5 white that divinity brings is usually not necessary)

There is a lot of stalling in the early game with this deck, helped by an abundance of first strike, protection, and indestructible. Once Nykthos gets online though it's usually a quick change of gears to all out assualt (otheriwse it'll be slow chipping away, or more stalling until you draw something that will let you turn the tide).

Tip for the borderposts: always select the land furthest to the right to be returned, as it is the one that usually taps (or will be tapped already). I was thinking about using MM plains (that also work automatically), but I haven't had a problem so far; unlike in Devoted to Obliteration where I added MM swamps because of one time when a different land tapped and screwed me over.

Known issues
| Open
I recently discovered that some of my decks are still using cards that are only in the Expansion and Deck Packs.
The cards are as follows:
ARGOTHIAN_ENCHANTRESS_375055
GENESIS_WAVE_348927
MORTICIAN_BEETLE_359688
ENCHANTRESSS_PRESENCE_375090
VERDURAN_ENCHANTRESS_373684
FROST_TITAN_348466

And the affected decks are as follows:
SETESSAN_COLOSSI
GRIMGRINS_MORTICIAN
THE_RETETHERING_OF_VOLTRON
MAKO_SPRING

If you don't have the expansion and deck pack wads, I think you can get them somewhere on this forum (sorry I can't be of more help).

If you can't get hold of the expansion and deck pack wads, then try deleting the mentioned decks from your game directory, that should solve the problem.

Manual Mana Island (featured in Mako Spring) is without an image

Future release plans
No plans.

Acknowledgements
Thanks to everyone that's worked on and contributed to the community WAD, especially Xander9009, TheFiremind, and others that are heavily involved in the DOTP modding community. Big thanks to Riiak Shi Nal for his deck builder; and thanks to Gibbed for his various tools and things. Without these people, my mod would not have been possible.

Changelog
| Open
02/04/2015
The Meaning of Life: Replaced MM Emeria, the Sky Ruin with non-MM Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Malignant Tumor: Replaced Rampant Growths with Cultivates

06/04/2015
Sustained Concussion: Replaced Soul Manipulation with Terminate

08/04/2015
Fiery Stampede: Replaced Skarrg, the Rage Pits with an MM version

10/04/2015
Vizkopa Mafia: made better (more consistant, more flexible). Added an extra Valorous Stance, Vampire Nighthawk, and Obzedat, Ghost Council, and replaced a Swords to Plowshares with an Unmake. I think I took out a Pillory of the Sleepless, a Blind Obedience, and something else. I'm thinking of removing one or both (maybe just one) Vizkopa Guildmage for something better still (maybe a fourth nighthawk?).
EDIT: I went ahead and replaced a Vizkopa Guildmage with a fourth Vampire Nighthawk.

Sustained Concussion: Added a second version of Sustained Concussion; a creatureless version (called Sustained Concussion NC). With so few creatures in the deck, against any sensible person with removal in their deck the scholars would be removed from the battlefield the second they hit the table. The AI isn't as smart, so the creature version still performs very well against the AI because it doesn't see the Scholars as a threat, so you sit there pinging it and it won't attack with anything with <3 toughness, but this still came to my attention. I replaced the Reckless Scholars with a third and fourth Thoughtsieze (earlier removal that the deck needed), a fourth Bonfire of the Damned (more chance to draw that lucky bonfire when you need it), and a third Dack Fayden (more forced discard). I also replaced the Consult the Necrosages with a fourth Wistful Thinking and a Windfall, and replaced a Swamp with a third Cephalid Coloseum. The new setup also favours Cephalid Coliseum, which is why I added a third; it's brutal when it goes off.
EDIT: Altered the creatureless version slightly; replaced windfall with a third despise, and modified the land base slightly. Replaced the creature version with the creatureless version in the CW (so there is only one deck available now, Sustained Concussion, and it is the creatureless version).

No Pain, No Gain: Adjusted the lands slightly.

16/04/2015
Adjusted the Deck Stats scores (i.e. Speed, Creature Size, Flexibility, Synergy) for a number of decks; some which I'd forgotten to adjust and others I felt could be more accurate.

17/04/2015
Improved Grand Army of the Republic

20/04/2015
Adjusted Cordyceps Brain Infection land ratios (and fixed Vampiric Link)

03/09/2015
Added 5 new decks, modified almost a dozen of the older decks. For a quick rundown see below:
Spawning hatred - new
A horrible night - new
She's a maniac - new
Persistance is (not) futile - new
Hell rising - new

Mako spring - some cards had gone missing due to changes in the core WAD
Tezzacotta army - added tinker and changed to non-mm neutral artifact land
Flash point - changed land base, replaced arsonists with guides, added more damage spells & removed bad card draw combo
Cordyceps brain infection - changed land base
Malignant tumor - replaced whole "ramp" engine. So much better now
Voltron retethered - there was a problem with lands
Grimgrin's mortician - lands and stuff
Blood Transfusion - lands, and I changed the name from Blood Frenzy
Sacrificial rites - big changes, complete overhaul
Double Trouble - the personality went missing
Equipped for War - the personality went missing
Cerebrum Exhauriunt - I changed the name from Psychoadficio and adjusted the personality

06/09/2015
Added new deck 'Revegetation'

19/09/2015
Added new deck 'Access Denied'.

Made major modifications to 2 decks:
Experiments in Grafting Hydra
Equipped for War

Made minor modifications to 3 decks:
The High Life
The Meaning of Life
Malignant Tumour

06/10/2015
fixed and slightly modified 1 deck: Cordyceps Brain Infection. The Fungusaur cards had disappeared from the deck, maybe because somebody changed the code for them, so I added them back in. I also replaced a Sun Droplet for a Circle of Affliction, a Protean Hydra for Diabolic Revelation, and the other Protean Hydra for something.

slightly modified 1 deck: Voltron Retethered. I thought I had an extra set of the mana producing enchant land auras, but I realised I didn't. So I replaced some not-so-important cards with the set I thought was in there already. Hopefully it plays better/more consistently now.

08/10/2015
Made major changes to 1 deck: Persistance is (Not) Futile. Now we got Melira working with the persist creatures, I've completely rejigged the deck -- out with the clunky Vigean Hydropons and enchantments, in with melira and viscera seers (among other things). Check it out.

Made some small changes to 1 deck: Revegetation. Removed Mana Leak (counterpsells usually not effective unless you have a few copies) and added extra protection in Gods Willing and Mother of Runes -- that's essentially what the Mana Leaks were there for, so having straight out protection is much more effective at that

11/10/2015
Made some changes to Cerebrum Exhauriunt.

Made some changes to Hell Rising; replaced some higher cost cards with some lower cost cards that fit the theme well (in some cases better)

9/11/2015
Added 3 new decks -- Mail-Oder Eldrazi, No Offence, and Millandraw.

Made some changes to Cerebrum Exhauriunt, Malignant Tumour, Mako Spring, and Ascension Storm

12/11/2015
Added 1 new deck -- What a Rack!.

21/11/2015
Made modifications to two decks; Grimgrin's Mortician and Persistance is (not) Futile.
Persistance is (not) Futile -- swapped Apostle's Blessing with Vines of Vastwood.
Grimgrin's Mortician -- made some more substantial changes.

27/11/2015
Made modifications to and changed the name of Blood Transfusion -- It's new name is Captivated by Blood and now has more focus on token generation and shenanigans with Captivating Vampire, and a bit more removal to compensate the shift toward a slower playstyle.

14/12/2015
Made modifications to Duplicity

13/02/2016
Made modifications to The Great Selesnyan Expansion

18/10/2016
Made major modifications to 2 dekcs -- Cordyceps Brain Infection and Access Denied
Added 4 new decks -- Kobold Storm, Spore, Jeskai Prowess, and The Western Way

27/10/2016
Renamed "Life's Blessing" to "Soul Sisters" and also modified it somewhat.
Made substantial modifications to the western way -- it now more closely resembles the deck list from 2013.
Made small modifications to 2 decks;
no pain no gain -- removed tutors and added 1 extra removal and 1 transmute card (although thinking of swapping the extra removal for a second transmute), and added a nykthos
cerebrum exhauriant -- I will be adding some special lands when the community wad repacks, so you'll need to resync this in a couple of days from now if you want the changes.

28/10/2016
Added new deck -- Nine Lives
Data_Decks_131462_NINE_LIVES

3/11/2016
Made major modifications to "Sacrificial Rites" and renamed "Sadistic Friends".

24/11/2016
Made modifications to Cordyceps Brain Infection, experiments in grafting hydra, and it's getting stuffy in here.
Removed OP decks (put in separate mod, under Block ID 1315).

Added 3 NEW decks:
Only a Myth
Devoted to Obliteration
Miraculous Nothingness

Completely changed the deck Cerebrum Exhauriant.

20/05/2017
Added 5 NEW decks:
Swimming With the Fishes
Luxuria
Evil Goblins
Heroes of Urd
Devotion to the Flame
(Actually added these decks between Jan and Feb, but was too busy to update the info here then).

Made substantial modifications to It's Getting Stuffy In Here, Miraculous Nothingness (it's actually playable now), and Fiery Stampede.

19/06/2017
Renamed "Stream of Consciousness" to "Congratulations, It's a Squid!" after making substantial modifications to it -- it's now a {u} {b} deck.
This has important consequences; if you want to use it, remove Stream of Consciousness from your game directory and add Congratulations, It's a Squid! -- they use the same ID number so there will be a conflict if you don't replace them.

Made modifications to Swimming With the Fishes -- added 4x Merrow Reejerey (how did I not know about this card), and adapted the deck to this change.

20/05/2017
Added 1 NEW deck:
Devout Jazal

15/07/2017
I made major modifications to the deck Consortium of Minds. It now has a single focus -- the Jace-Nicol combo -- a subsequently far better synergy.

16/07/2017
Made substantial modifications to Sustained Concussion -- replaced 4x Bonfire of the Damned with 4x Damnation and 4x Reforge the Soul with 4x Quest for the Nihil Stone; among some other little changes.

Made substantial modifications to Devoted to Obliteration -- added Nykthos and focussed more on that aspect, so removed cards that rely on swamps like Lashwrithe and Mutilate, added some extra firepower in the card draw department, and adjusted some other little things here and there.
Made modifications to Devotion to the Flame -- added borderposts for increased devotion.

15/08/2017
made significant changes to the deck Spore. No longer does it include the janky Sporemound + Life and Limb combo. It's now a streamlined, efficient, spore creating machine.

A little while ago I also made some small changes to the decks Tezzacotta Army (added more fetch to increase consistency), Hell Rising, and No Offence (replaced the titans with walls).

15/10/2017
*** Important ***
Renamed "Luxuria" to "Corona" after making substantial modifications to it.
This has important consequences; if you want to use it, remove Luxuria from your game directory and add Corona -- they use the same ID number so there will be a conflict if you don't replace them!

24/10/2017
made substantial modifications to Evil Goblins, The Last March of the Ents, and to some extent Spore.
Changed the land base (added in some Cavern of Souls) in Captivated by Blood, The Western Way, and A Horrible Night.

Unfortunately, the AI can't use Cavern of Souls at all (or Aether Vial, which is now in goblins), so decks like Evil Goblins and The Western Way that were able to be driven by the AI to good effect are now poop when driven by the AI. Fortunately, my decks have never been built to accomodate AI driving, so hopefully this won't affect too many users of my decks.

29/10/2017
*** Important! ***
made substantial modifications to Vizkopa Mafia and subsequently renamed it Clerics of Orzhova.
This has important consequences; if you want to use it, remove Vizkopa Mafia from your game directory and add Clerics of Orzhova -- they use the same ID number so there will be a conflict if you have both!

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Please feel free to offer suggestions for the decks (sometimes it's possible that I'll overlook something); and give me feedback about your favourite (and least favourite) decks -- I have my favourites and least favourites too.

Also, please feel free to suggest your own tips and combos for the decks, any strategies/combos/neat plays you found useful when using a deck, and I may add them in the 'About the Deck' sections (note: by posting a tip you consent to my adding it to the OP...I'll probably cite you :)).
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 17 May 2018, 15:08, edited 97 times in total.
nivmizzet1

Postby MasterXploder7 » 20 Mar 2015, 19:01

I know for a fact that there is a Mind Grind that has been coded, The mill deck needs at least 1 mind grind, Mind Funeral is good, but it limits the player for usually one on one games. After playing against an old mill deck that ran 4 Maze of Ith Tolarian Academy and Denying Wind and a mountain of artifacts that reduced the influx of damage to the few creatures he had and to himself, I have to argue that anything that can pump is a worthwhile venture. Sadistic Sacrament is another suggested card however it isnt finished being coded and it is already in the process. To be effective at all with mill you need to be able to survive late game at the least. that is my only criticism.

GOOD JOB THOUGH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby nivmizzet1 » 20 Mar 2015, 19:45

MasterXploder7 wrote:I know for a fact that there is a Mind Grind that has been coded, The mill deck needs at least 1 mind grind, Mind Funeral is good, but it limits the player for usually one on one games. After playing against an old mill deck that ran 4 Maze of Ith Tolarian Academy and Denying Wind and a mountain of artifacts that reduced the influx of damage to the few creatures he had and to himself, I have to argue that anything that can pump is a worthwhile venture. Sadistic Sacrament is another suggested card however it isnt finished being coded and it is already in the process. To be effective at all with mill you need to be able to survive late game at the least. that is my only criticism.

GOOD JOB THOUGH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks MasterXploder7. You remind me that I should mention that my decks are targetted for 1v1 play only, as that's the only thing I play, and in the absence of being able to save deck builds I opted for no sideboard cards. Mind Grind would be amazing in multiplayer.

As for surviving to the late game; Psychoadficio is a speed mill deck and can win by turn 5, either through mill or beat down, and it can definitely hold it's own beyond that. Trust me, it has no problems doing so against the other decks in my mod.

That deck with 4 Maze of Ith Tolarian Academy and Denying Wind and a mountain of artifacts sounds like it would've been brutal. I've modded another mill deck, more of a control mill, with a painter's servant and grindstone combo (and a tonne of repeatable counter spell options), but that will probably never be made available due to issues with coding painter's servant.
nivmizzet1

Postby MasterXploder7 » 20 Mar 2015, 21:10

I just realized you have Consuming Aberration. Its good. I got a bunch of mill cards from a very small wad that had issues with it being really bright and hard to read sometimes. But it had Return to Ravnica blue/black stuff that i really wanted. i think the prefix for it was 66666. i think it was 5 6's. But in any case, The mountain of artifacts were things like Tormod's Crypt Grindstone and then cards that reduced the mana cost of activated abilities of artifacts. The synergy of My Uncle's deck was insane, every card worked together, and i think he also used Force of Will but its been years since i saw it. It was made with cards from the era of denying wind and the legacy and it took Zendikar vampires to finally put it down.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 13 Decks (6 New; 21 March 2015

Postby Parth37955 » 21 Mar 2015, 23:25

Have added the 1314 content enabler to the community wad? Because I can't find it.
Parth37955

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 13 Decks (6 New; 21 March 2015

Postby nivmizzet1 » 22 Mar 2015, 08:03

Parth37955 wrote:Have added the 1314 content enabler to the community wad? Because I can't find it.
I added it about 8 hrs ago. If it's not there now it should show up soon.
nivmizzet1

Re: NivMizzet1's Deck Mods -- 21 Decks (8 New; 25 March 2015

Postby nivmizzet1 » 25 Mar 2015, 06:45

Just added 8 new decks; enjoy.

Flash Point
Setessan Colossi
Equipped for War
Experiments in Grafting Hydra
It's getting stuffy in here
Strength in numbers
The meaning of life
Vizkopa mafia
nivmizzet1

Postby Kithkin » 25 Mar 2015, 17:47

25.03.2015 18:44:17: Low: Can't find referenced card: SULFUR_FALLS_MM_NM1_249178 for deck D14_131403_ASCENSION_STORM in Data_Decks_131403_ASCENSION_STORM
Kithkin

Postby nivmizzet1 » 26 Mar 2015, 02:06

Kithkin wrote:25.03.2015 18:44:17: Low: Can't find referenced card: SULFUR_FALLS_MM_NM1_249178 for deck D14_131403_ASCENSION_STORM in Data_Decks_131403_ASCENSION_STORM
Don't know how that snuck in there. It should be fixed now if you download it again.
nivmizzet1

Postby massaraksher » 31 Mar 2015, 11:57

Hi, I have a problem with "Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant". When I have 30 life, it should "flip", but... "the flipping" cycles and never(I've waited 2 hours of flipping) ends. What I've done wrong? By the way, all requirements of mod was satisfied.
massaraksher

Postby Xander9009 » 31 Mar 2015, 14:05

massaraksher wrote:Hi, I have a problem with "Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant". When I have 30 life, it should "flip", but... "the flipping" cycles and never(I've waited 2 hours of flipping) ends. What I've done wrong? By the way, all requirements of mod was satisfied.
First, keep in mind that despite what the original post says, the only requirement is the CW and Rick's DLL (which is needed for ALL mods). It says it needs Riiak's ObjectDC functions, but those are included in the CW. If you have the CW, then you have all of Riiak's function mods, including ObjectDC functions.

Second, it's not your fault that card is messed up. For some reason, the flip cards don't work properly and I haven't had time to figure out why.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby kidogod » 31 Mar 2015, 14:39

TKS FOR SHARE ~
kidogod

Postby nivmizzet1 » 31 Mar 2015, 15:37

Xander9009 wrote:
massaraksher wrote:Hi, I have a problem with "Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant". When I have 30 life, it should "flip", but... "the flipping" cycles and never(I've waited 2 hours of flipping) ends. What I've done wrong? By the way, all requirements of mod was satisfied.
First, keep in mind that despite what the original post says, the only requirement is the CW and Rick's DLL (which is needed for ALL mods). It says it needs Riiak's ObjectDC functions, but those are included in the CW. If you have the CW, then you have all of Riiak's function mods, including ObjectDC functions.

Second, it's not your fault that card is messed up. For some reason, the flip cards don't work properly and I haven't had time to figure out why.
I actually fixed Kitsune. I tried to add my version to the CW but I'm not sure if it made it into it. I'll try to add it again.

I didn't realise Riiak's ObjectDC functions were included in the CW, I'll remove that from the OP. (I'll also remove it from my DOTP direcotry :P )
nivmizzet1

Postby kidogod » 31 Mar 2015, 15:46

LIVE IS GOOD TKS
kidogod

Next

Return to 2014