It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:17

Text Size

New Install, really big mess....

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

New Install, really big mess....

Postby Aborash » 06 May 2015, 22:09

Hi there:

I had format the Pc 2 month ago, and suddenly I ha dthe urge to play some MTG again, so I download the game again "Magic.2014.Special.Edition.Incl.20DLCs-3DM" + "3DMGAME-Magic.2014.Update.4.Incl.ALL.DLCs.and.Crack-3DM", after that, I grab the "Community Wad" ( WAD ART + CORE), "Comunity Decks", "WAD signature check disabling", "RSN's ObjectDC Functions", "RSN's Core Fixes", "RSN's Characteristics Mod", "RSN's Manual Mana Functions", and "DotP 2014: Deck Builder".

Game loads, but on deck manager, I get several errors on decks:

-Some decks got the main Art deck missing, like "Sliver Kruphix", "Goblin Fury", "TFM_COUNTER_MASTERY", "TFM_DEATH_CYCLE_2014" etc

-Some decks got tons of cards missing, like "Selesnya Aggro deck", which only contains 4 Plains, 6 Forest, and 3 "Unflinching Courage", or "Summer Bloom Deck" which contains 4 forest, and 4 "Primeval Titan"

Also, I grab !DotP 2014: Deck Builder" and after execute, it gives me a big warning log:

http://pastebin.com/ZEPkiCvN

I'm not sure if its easier to fix the errors, or grab another release, so if someone got all working without problem, would be great if he can tell me which version is he using, or how to fix all.

Thanks in advance
Aborash

Re: New Install, really big mess....

Postby RiiakShiNal » 06 May 2015, 22:53

Errors like this (especially in the amount you have them):
Code: Select all
06/05/2015 23:30:16: Low: Can't find referenced card: STRANGLEROOT_GEIST_373664 for deck D14_100000_GARRUKS_VALUE in Data_Decks_100000_GARRUKS_VALUE
Typically mean you are missing one or more core WADs somewhere. You should typically look to see if you have a readme for the deck mentioned (in this case D14_100000_GARRUKS_VALUE) and see what the readme says the required WADs are.

In smaller numbers it can mean that a WAD has been updated or changed and the card used by the referenced deck was renamed or removed for some reason or another. Or it can indicate a typo if the deck was created by manually instead of using the Deck Builder (which I believe is quite rare now).

Errors like this:
06/05/2015 23:30:17: Medium: D14_111004_DEATH_BY_MYR uses a UID that conflicts with D14_111004_NECROSAGE.
Typically mean that you have decks that conflict with other decks. This could be due to two modders using the same Id Block in the Deck Builder (at least one of them either didn't check the reserved Ids/Prefixes page or didn't reserve a block). This will cause problems trying to play the game as DotP won't know which deck you really wanted to play (or play against).

After a quick scan through of your error log it looks like it is just those 2 types of errors so things should be relatively easy to fix once you figure out what you are missing and clean out the conflicting decks.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby sunds » 06 May 2015, 23:37

I think Magic 2014 Gold Complete Edition is a good one.
RSN's ObjectDC Functions, RSN's Core Fixes, RSN's Characteristics Mod, RSN's Manual Mana Functions are unnessary because cw core has included them.
The referenced cards that can't be found in error log are all non-cw cards, so maybe base game files are broken.
You'd better not put all decks in root directory. You can put and play one by one and only keep some favorite decks.
sunds

Postby RiiakShiNal » 07 May 2015, 00:03

sunds wrote:I think Magic 2014 Gold Complete Edition is a good one.
RSN's ObjectDC Functions, RSN's Core Fixes, RSN's Characteristics Mod, RSN's Manual Mana Functions are unnessary because cw core has included them.
Not exactly true, while the functions for Manual Mana were included in the CW, he did not include the modified basic lands that are in the Manual Mana WAD so if you want modified basic lands you still need to install Manual Mana (which Xander has mentioned a couple of times).

sunds wrote:The referenced cards that can't be found in error log are all non-cw cards, so maybe base game files are broken.
Not true, for example lines 174 through 182 reference Community Wad cards as evidenced by the _CW_ in the card names (though they could be from a different version and were either renamed or removed). Many of the other missing card errors may be referencing cards from either sumomole's or thefiremind's core WADs as those are pretty common cores that people make decks against.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby zysron » 07 May 2015, 05:38

death by myr and necrosage are my fault!!! i admit it remember when i had to reset my deck builder b/c the filter screwed up? yeah i had removed necrosage and myr took its spot

also dude

Necrotic Ooze does NOT work so remove it in the in game editor
zysron

Postby Aborash » 07 May 2015, 07:38

I just download "Magic.2014.Gold.Complete-PLAZA", Install Ok, game works as expected (BTW Seems all game included decks got 30/40 cards unlocked), after that, I copied the Community Core + Art, Riiak's fixes and functions, and all the Community decks, and Rick's "dynamic patcher wrapper DLL", and the game crashes with a bug report, If I remove the DLL patch, game takes ages to load, but when it
does only show game decks, I'm start thinking that Community pack its definitely wrong.

Also, tried with the Deck builders, and seems it shows similar errors.

http://pastebin.com/EytdRhnU
Aborash

Postby sunds » 07 May 2015, 08:27

Yes, some old cw decks don't get update with the new cw core. For example my game crashes also because of Data_Decks_9009006_WALKERS_OF_THE_MULTIVERSE.
As I said, you wouldn't put all cw decks in game. They are too much. Putting 2 or 3 decks everytime is a good way. If someone triggers game crash, you can unpack the deck wad and rebuild it with Deck Builder.
sunds

Postby RiiakShiNal » 07 May 2015, 11:16

As has been stated before game crashes are typically caused by Decks referencing cards that can't be found. Crashes can also be caused by having too many decks (the DotP engine can only support so many). So the easiest way to fix things is to remove all custom decks. You can see which decks are causing the crashes by looking at the error log from the Deck Builder for example some of the decks in your case:
  • Data_Decks_194701_MUTILATION
  • Data_Decks_9009006_WALKERS_OF_THE_MULTIVERSE
  • DATA_DLC_S6201 through DATA_DLC_S6283 (These are sumomole's deck WADs and require his core to work.)
You can't just throw in all sorts of Decks without also putting in their requirements and expect them to work. That would be like trying to turn on a computer that isn't plugged in and then expecting it to work.

The Deck Builder is giving you information that would be needed to solve the problem, but you have to read through it. I already explained what the errors meant and the only new error type in this latest log is:
07/05/2015 9:32:39: Low: Can't find referenced card: ENGINEERED_PLAGUE_628046 for regular unlocks (1947201) for deck with Id: 194701
Which is extremely similar to one I have already explained except this one says a card can't be found for unlocks for a deck rather than for a deck directly (but is essentially the same problem).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Aborash » 07 May 2015, 14:19

RiiakShiNal wrote:As has been stated before game crashes are typically caused by Decks referencing cards that can't be found. Crashes can also be caused by having too many decks (the DotP engine can only support so many). So the easiest way to fix things is to remove all custom decks. You can see which decks are causing the crashes by looking at the error log from the Deck Builder for example some of the decks in your case:
  • Data_Decks_194701_MUTILATION
  • Data_Decks_9009006_WALKERS_OF_THE_MULTIVERSE
  • DATA_DLC_S6201 through DATA_DLC_S6283 (These are sumomole's deck WADs and require his core to work.)
You can't just throw in all sorts of Decks without also putting in their requirements and expect them to work. That would be like trying to turn on a computer that isn't plugged in and then expecting it to work.

The Deck Builder is giving you information that would be needed to solve the problem, but you have to read through it. I already explained what the errors meant and the only new error type in this latest log is:
07/05/2015 9:32:39: Low: Can't find referenced card: ENGINEERED_PLAGUE_628046 for regular unlocks (1947201) for deck with Id: 194701
Which is extremely similar to one I have already explained except this one says a card can't be found for unlocks for a deck rather than for a deck directly (but is essentially the same problem).
Oh, I thought that the community is a pack that got all the packs in the list compressed, so you dont need to download every single one, but it seems I was wrong, would be great if someone upload in Git or SVN, so you dont need to keep tracking every single file and also help to keep them updated.
Aborash

Postby Xander9009 » 07 May 2015, 15:43

@Aborash You were right the first time. Those decks shouldn't have been in there in the first place. I'm not sure how Sumo's decks got in there without being converted for the CW, but they've been removed. All of Sumo's decks are still available and always have been; they're the 317 decks. Those decks should be identical except that they should use the CW.

Also, I corrected Data_Decks_194701_MUTILATION.wad although I'm not sure why there are two versions; that one and Data_Decks_194702_MUTILATION.wad.

@zysron: When you change a deck's ID, you can't just change the name. The header and deck xmls also need changed. Best way to do it is to load them in Riiak's Deck Editor and change them in there (under Deck Information).

Either way, there are no more errors in the Deck Builder with all of the files in the CW Decks folder. Doesn't mean the game won't crash due to too many decks, but all of the decks work.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Aborash » 07 May 2015, 20:14

Xander9009 wrote:@Aborash You were right the first time. Those decks shouldn't have been in there in the first place. I'm not sure how Sumo's decks got in there without being converted for the CW, but they've been removed. All of Sumo's decks are still available and always have been; they're the 317 decks. Those decks should be identical except that they should use the CW.

Also, I corrected Data_Decks_194701_MUTILATION.wad although I'm not sure why there are two versions; that one and Data_Decks_194702_MUTILATION.wad.

Either way, there are no more errors in the Deck Builder with all of the files in the CW Decks folder. Doesn't mean the game won't crash due to too many decks, but all of the decks work.
Thank you, for your hard work, must be a really hard to keep tracking all changes in all those packs without using a version control software, anyway, all its clear now, I'll test the update ASAP, and I'll tell if I see something wrong.

Thanks again, to all people for spare some time and help me.
Aborash

Postby zysron » 09 May 2015, 00:09

btw aborash if you could only see how bad that deck gets with ooze working...
zysron

Return to 2014