It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:47

Text Size

Cant get modded decks to work

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Cant get modded decks to work

Postby PJPJ2 » 15 May 2015, 09:49

So basically, I got it to work through not using the community wad and I just clicked on the fireminds decks and used them. However, Im not sure what im supposed to do if I want to use the community wad, whats an easy way of knowing what files you need from the community wad for specific decks? given that installing it all crashes the game (in this case, im trying to use the simic lifeblood deck)
PJPJ2

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 May 2015, 10:35

PJPJ2 wrote:So basically, I got it to work through not using the community wad and I just clicked on the fireminds decks and used them. However, Im not sure what im supposed to do if I want to use the community wad, whats an easy way of knowing what files you need from the community wad for specific decks? given that installing it all crashes the game (in this case, im trying to use the simic lifeblood deck)
You need all of the Community mod core WADs (not decks).

Optimally, decks will have a readme with them that will tell you what mods are required for that deck.

If not, then once you have installed the Community mod and the deck you want you can then open the Deck Builder to see if there are any detectable problems (if a deck is missing card references, etc...). If there are detectable problems the Deck Builder will generate an error log which can be examined and/or posted which will give more information about what is missing.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 15 May 2015, 14:10

PJPJ2 wrote:So basically, I got it to work through not using the community wad and I just clicked on the fireminds decks and used them. However, Im not sure what im supposed to do if I want to use the community wad, whats an easy way of knowing what files you need from the community wad for specific decks? given that installing it all crashes the game (in this case, im trying to use the simic lifeblood deck)
You installed all of the decks at once instead of the core, art, and some decks. Make sure that your game folder has the DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE.wad and all the art wad files from the "Community Wad Art" folder. Do NOT get any decks. See if the game crashes. If not, then you have the CW installed correctly. The decks are completely separate from the rest of it.

Part of the problem might have been that one of sumomole's decks was included without being converted for the CW. I recently deleted all of these (since they're available for the CW already), but someone added another. If you start the deck builder, it'll tell you it's having problems with DATA_DLC_S6280. Delete that particular wad and try again.

One thing to keep in mind while modding: run the deck builder. Riiak put in some pretty awesome error catching features to let us know if anything is wrong.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby PJPJ2 » 15 May 2015, 16:07

Okay so I basically started again and downloaded the community wad core, the art and the DLL again, I didnt add any decks, and the game ran fine. I look into the deck builder but I think its beyond my capabilities but if there a thread explaining how it works/ what to do then Ill look for it. I decided therefore to just add the fireminds deck from the community wad deck download (given that this worked fine when downloading it from his thread) to the magic folder. However this deck does not show up in game, so im pretty stumped
PJPJ2

Postby PJPJ2 » 15 May 2015, 16:56

Im a complete idiot, forgot that the content enablers in the deck wad, which i didnt add, the decks are now working
PJPJ2

Postby Xander9009 » 15 May 2015, 17:20

I was going to mention that, but I'm a couple minutes too late. Anyway, for the deck builder, if there's an error, it'll pop up when you start the program. It's a huge window that you can't miss. If you don't know if there were errors, then there weren't any errors.

There's no thread, but there's a wiki for it here: http://mtg.dragonanime.org/index.php?ti ... :_Wiki_Doc

It's a bit dense, but it's really easy once you get used to it. You set it up to use a unique ID if you plan to share the decks you make. You can do that here: http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/DotP_ ... d_Registry Once you've got an ID just for you, set that ID up in your options in the deck builder.

Once that's set up, just start searching for and adding cards until you're pleased with it. There are three things to customize for each deck. "Edit Name" will let you choose the name. "Deck Information..." will let you change the images and personality name (the deck name shows up in the list of decks; the personality name shows up during the duel). Click Build Image and choose an image. To get to the rest of the images and the personality name, click "Edit Personality" inside the Deck Information window for the images, and then "Edit Name" inside that window. For each image, just click build image and choose one you like for the deck.

Also, just for the record, I can load ALL of the decks currently in the CW Decks folder; there are 276 of them. No crashes. So I don't think too many decks will crash the game. Or, if it will, it'll probably be a RAM issue, so only systems with less RAM will be affected (I have 8GB). But upon checking, the game only takes 418.5 MB of RAM, so that probably shouldn't affect anyone. That means you should be able to try adding all the decks again.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby PJPJ2 » 17 May 2015, 19:41

Great and yeah I'll look into the deck editor abit more
PJPJ2

Previous

Return to 2014