It is currently 20 May 2024, 15:54

Text Size

AI and custom decks

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

AI and custom decks

Postby Gangbeast » 04 Nov 2015, 17:13

Hey everyone, I've just recently discovered this site and the mods for duels 2014, and I've downloaded the community wad as well as the deck builder tool and made some custom decks. However whenever I try to play a game against the AI where it is using one of the decks I made, the AI doesnt seem to know what to do at all, as it would just play the lands but not play anything else from its hand. For example, he had four lands untapped and a Siege Rhino in hand, but did nothing that turn and ended up discarding the Siege Rhino. Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks!
Gangbeast

Re: AI and custom decks

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Nov 2015, 21:31

The game engine can't properly handle lands that produce multiple colors of mana. So, the lands like that are approximations. The AI will rarely use manual mana lands, which is why most people try to stick to auto-tap if they plan to have the AI use the deck. However, even then, the AI doesn't have the ability (for technical reasons) to switch the color being produced by a particular land. So, it's possible it simply didn't have the lands set to the right colors to play it (if it had non-MM lands) or it's possible it was using MM lands and didn't understand how to activate the abilities properly. If you used MM, try switching the lands to non-MM so the AI can use them better.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Borborigmos » 06 Nov 2015, 22:35

What I did to prevent this same issue was to create a NPC version of my decks in which I resorted to Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds to help the PC fix the colors... The rest basics. It played a lot better. Hope this helps :)
Borborigmos

Postby Sips » 24 Apr 2016, 11:16

I prefer to create AI version of all my deck using some mana lands that AI can manage to play with. The best Choice will be to use 2 copies of Manual Mana lands like City of Brass (more isnt work good as AI need to have basic lands in play to pay the manacosts but as supportive lands they will do) and Pain lands like
Windswept Heath or Marsh Flats as they will come into play not tapped. You can also try to add Thawing Glaciers to slow control deck and Glimmerpost + Vesuva+ Cloudpost to artidecks. Yes these lands are not from standart now but anyway AI needs help to be more challenging!
Sips

Return to 2014