It is currently 28 May 2024, 22:47

Text Size

Multiplayer crash

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Multiplayer crash

Postby Victor » 24 Nov 2015, 08:24

I placed some of the latest CW in my game directory and in single play everything is fine as far as I can see. Problem is when I try to create a multiplayer game (Multiplayer>Create Match>Two-Headed Giant>Play with a remote teammate) to play with my friend (LAN, private in-game and 2 AI opponents) then game crashes, creates a minidump (which I have not found a way to open in order to narrow down the problem).
I have the purchased steam version and so does my friend and we both have the exact same decks in the game directory.
I have also used Riiaks Deck Builder but the errors I get are not critical as you can see below.

24/11/15 10:01:05: Log Opened.

24/11/15 10:01:05: Low: Card (BUMP_IN_THE_NIGHT_14040068) in wad DATA_DECKS_D142857 has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: BUMP_IN_THE_NIGHT_222203

24/11/15 10:01:06: Low: XML Block has multiple localizations defined for same language code (en-US):
<FLAVOURTEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[“What is mana but possibility, an idea not yet given form?”
—Jhoira, master artificer]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[« Il n’y a rien qui soit entièrement en notre pouvoir que nos pensées. »
—René Descartes, Discours de la méthode]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[“No es por la edad sino por la capacidad que se adquiere sabiduría.”
—Tito Marcio Plauto, Trinummus]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[„Nicht das Alter, sondern das Aufnahmevermögen bestimmt die Weisheit, die man erlangt.“
—Titus Maccius Plautus, Trinummus]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[“La saggezza si acquisisce con la capacità, non con l’età.”
—Tito Maccio Plauto, Trinummus]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[「マナはまだ形を成していない発想よ。それが可能性でなければ何だというの?」
――工芸の達人、ジョイラ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[“What is mana but possibility, an idea not yet given form?”
—Jhoira, master artificer]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[“Да не возрастом, а природным дарованьем мудрость достигается”.
— Тит Макций Плавт, Три монеты]]></LOCALISED_TEXT><LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[“Não é através da idade, mas sim da capacidade que se adquire sabedoria.”
— Titus Maccius Plautus, Trinummus]]></LOCALISED_TEXT></FLAVOURTEXT>

24/11/15 10:01:06: Low: System.Xml - The 'ACTIVATED_ABILITY' start tag on line 34 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'SPELL_ABILITY'. Line 65, position 5.:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at RSN.DotP.CardInfo.ParseXML(String strXML)
at RSN.DotP.CardInfo..ctor(String strFilename, String strXML, String strWad, GameDirectory gdData)
at RSN.DotP.WadWrapper.LoadCards(FileStream fsInput, GameDirectory gdData)
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: SKELETONIZE_175070.XML in DATA_DECKS_D142857

24/11/15 10:01:07: Low: Card (SYNAPSE_SLIVER_14040088) in wad DATA_DECKS_D142857 has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: SYNAPSE_SLIVER_19851028

24/11/15 10:01:07: Low: System.Xml - The 'TRIGGERED_ABILITY' start tag on line 91 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'CARD_V2'. Line 127, position 3.:
at RSN.DotP.CardInfo..ctor(String strFilename, String strXML, String strWad, GameDirectory gdData)
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: WATERY_GRAVE_627861.XML in DATA_DECKS_D142857

24/11/15 10:01:10: Low: System.Xml - The 'CARD_V2' start tag on line 2 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'TRIGGERED_ABILITY'. Line 96, position 5.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: BREEDING_POOL_241366291.XML in DATA_DLC_MCR_CARDS

24/11/15 10:02:25: Log Closed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance
Victor

Re: Multiplayer crash

Postby RiiakShiNal » 24 Nov 2015, 11:33

It's not just exact same decks, all of the WADs (and directories that act like WADs) including CPEs and Art WADs must be exactly the same down to the bit (different versions of the same WAD will still cause crashes).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Deef » 24 Nov 2015, 14:21

Not entirely true. I leave the Community art WADs in my game folder all the time and play against vanilla players frequently.
Deef

Postby Victor » 24 Nov 2015, 14:59

RiiakShiNal wrote:It's not just exact same decks, all of the WADs (and directories that act like WADs) including CPEs and Art WADs must be exactly the same down to the bit (different versions of the same WAD will still cause crashes).
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. Yes they are the very same, not different versions. Exact same files synched across 2 PCs with a file and folder synching program. So, I am certain they are the same files.
Any ideas please?
Victor

Postby Victor » 24 Nov 2015, 15:41

OK, I managed to narrow the problem down by add/remove WADs and found that the 'create multiplayer' crash is caused by these decks here viewtopic.php?f=109&t=13130

Any help would be great guys! :)
Victor

Postby MasterXploder7 » 24 Mar 2016, 02:11

I attempted to play with one of my friends. There wasn't a crash, there was just a you cannot play with this player because of some error. Is this a bug or is it caused from the incorporation of mods?
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby RiiakShiNal » 24 Mar 2016, 10:32

It is because you and your friend do not have exactly the same mod configuration (though usually this ends in a crash either before or after the message). To play multiplayer all players attempting to play in the match must have all of the same WADs (including mods) and all WADs must be the same version (bit-wise the same files).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby theblunderbuss » 27 Aug 2016, 14:14

Sorry about reviving this semi-old thread but I have a similar-but-not-quite issue with the multiplayer.

My friends and I are experiencing a very specific crash. We can play multiplayer (two-headed giant in our case) just fine but after the match is done, as long as it wasn't conceded, the host's game will crash (and only the host's.) We've been able to reproduce this 100% of the time. While re-opening the game for every game isn't a huge deal it'd be even better if we didn't have to.

In Summary:
  • My friends and I can play multiplayer
  • The host's game crashes when the match is done
  • No other game crashes
  • There are no crashes if the game was conceded

Ideas?

PS: I have the dumps but I'm going to need some help to try and decode them (they're not in UTF-8 & I don't currently have generic tools to open *.dmp files)
theblunderbuss

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Aug 2016, 22:08

theblunderbuss wrote:Sorry about reviving this semi-old thread but I have a similar-but-not-quite issue with the multiplayer.

My friends and I are experiencing a very specific crash. We can play multiplayer (two-headed giant in our case) just fine but after the match is done, as long as it wasn't conceded, the host's game will crash (and only the host's.) We've been able to reproduce this 100% of the time. While re-opening the game for every game isn't a huge deal it'd be even better if we didn't have to.

In Summary:
  • My friends and I can play multiplayer
  • The host's game crashes when the match is done
  • No other game crashes
  • There are no crashes if the game was conceded

Ideas?

PS: I have the dumps but I'm going to need some help to try and decode them (they're not in UTF-8 & I don't currently have generic tools to open *.dmp files)
I don't think anyone here knows how to use the dmp files, unfortunately. I'll see if I figure this out, but I don't (ever) play multiplayer, so I don't know if I'll be able to. You'll have to give me a couple of days, though. I'm going to be very busy with other things today, and I will be working on a very specific set of issues tomorrow. I'll set a reminder so I won't forget, though.

As for ideas, I don't really have any solid ideas yet. It could possibly be related to tokens? Manager tokens perhaps? First, I'll see if I can reproduce it at all, and if I can, then I'll narrow it down to specific cards. If there are no specific cards, then I'll see if I can narrow it down to game type, or player number, or something like that. Which function files are being used when it happens, things like that. Not sure what it would cause that problem off hand, so it's just a case of starting at the top and working down until the game doesn't crash and note what was last changed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby theblunderbuss » 01 Sep 2016, 01:16

Thanks for answering Xander, we'd appreciate any and all efforts though I understand it might be hard on your resources (time, attention, willingness.) I should mention that we're not using any of the cards on the Community Wad though we have a number of customized decks, in case that's at all illuminating.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance~!

PS: Sorry for the late reply, dealing with a surprise pneumonia.
theblunderbuss

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Sep 2016, 07:25

theblunderbuss wrote:Thanks for answering Xander, we'd appreciate any and all efforts though I understand it might be hard on your resources (time, attention, willingness.) I should mention that we're not using any of the cards on the Community Wad though we have a number of customized decks, in case that's at all illuminating.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance~!

PS: Sorry for the late reply, dealing with a surprise pneumonia.
Sorry to hear that. No worries about the delay. I take a long time to respond to things sometimes without anywhere near as good an excuse.

Are you using any mods? If you're not, then I honestly wouldn't even know where to start except maybe send me a copy of some of both decks that were involved in a match that crashed. But even then, if all of the cards involved are base-game cards, then I wouldn't know what would cause it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 02 Sep 2016, 23:25

Xander9009 wrote:I don't think anyone here knows how to use the dmp files, unfortunately.
Technically, I do know how to use dmp (Mini Crash Dump) files, but for DotP we can't use them because we don't have the source code and debug symbols for the game. So dmp files are useless to us here on the forums.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to 2014