It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:09

Text Size

Shadows Over Innistrad - CW Development - Done

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Shadows Over Innistrad - CW Development - Done

Postby terrysong » 09 Jun 2016, 05:17

Xander9009 wrote:
terrysong wrote:see that's a problem. because I downloaded the latest art wad, the update art version said it's 24. and I still can't see the art in deckbuilder for those cards.
Alright. What's your core version? Should be 573. In the mean time, I'll go see if I can figure out what else could be wrong.

In the deck builder, find the back face of a card. You can easily spot them by searching for cards with the word transform in their abilities and sorting by filename. The files that start with an underscore are the back faces. (Any back face should do so long as its art isn't showing.) Right click one and choose View Card... This will open up the card's code. A few lines down, right below the translations of the card's name, you'll see ARTID. Let me know what card you picked and what's in the ARTID line.
the core version is 573
following cards are missing arts:
<ARTID value="EPITAPH_GOLEM" />
<ARTID value="CORRUPTED_GRAFSTONE" />
<ARTID value="SHARD_OF_BROKEN_GLASS" />
<ARTID value="WICKER_WITCH" />
<ARTID value="EXPLOSIVE_APPARATUS" />
<ARTID value="MAGNIFYING_GLASS" />
terrysong

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Jun 2016, 06:41

terrysong wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:
terrysong wrote:see that's a problem. because I downloaded the latest art wad, the update art version said it's 24. and I still can't see the art in deckbuilder for those cards.
Alright. What's your core version? Should be 573. In the mean time, I'll go see if I can figure out what else could be wrong.

In the deck builder, find the back face of a card. You can easily spot them by searching for cards with the word transform in their abilities and sorting by filename. The files that start with an underscore are the back faces. (Any back face should do so long as its art isn't showing.) Right click one and choose View Card... This will open up the card's code. A few lines down, right below the translations of the card's name, you'll see ARTID. Let me know what card you picked and what's in the ARTID line.
the core version is 573
following cards are missing arts:
<ARTID value="EPITAPH_GOLEM" />
<ARTID value="CORRUPTED_GRAFSTONE" />
<ARTID value="SHARD_OF_BROKEN_GLASS" />
<ARTID value="WICKER_WITCH" />
<ARTID value="EXPLOSIVE_APPARATUS" />
<ARTID value="MAGNIFYING_GLASS" />
Ah, see, I thought you were talking about the transform cards missing art. When I said "they've been added", I should have been more specific. I had just added them. The CW hadn't updated with them yet. They should actually be included in the current art udpate wad, which is now version 25. (The UPDATE art wad updates somewhat frequently, which is why I make sure it stays below 100 MB and why I suggest making the process automated.) It just now updated a few hours ago with those additions.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby terrysong » 09 Jun 2016, 21:23

got them, thanks!
terrysong

Postby kabalan20 » 26 Jul 2016, 07:51

I just want to ask, you guys are gonna do Eldritch Moon as well right?
kabalan20

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Jul 2016, 09:01

kabalan20 wrote:I just want to ask, you guys are gonna do Eldritch Moon as well right?
I've done the last few sets, but I'm not personally planning to do the next. I'd offer advice to anyone wanting to tackle it, though. Sorry, but I've just got too much going on emotionally to invest that much time in it. It's possible I'll change my mind like I did for the last set, but I wouldn't count on it. This set will be up to someone else.

Having just looked at the new mechanics, I can say right now that while Emerge will be relatively simple (though possibly tedious), it'll be completely impossible to do meld cards. Escalate is likely impossible, but could probably be approximated.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby kabalan20 » 27 Jul 2016, 08:38

Xander9009 wrote:I've done the last few sets, but I'm not personally planning to do the next. I'd offer advice to anyone wanting to tackle it, though. Sorry, but I've just got too much going on emotionally to invest that much time in it. It's possible I'll change my mind like I did for the last set, but I wouldn't count on it. This set will be up to someone else.

Having just looked at the new mechanics, I can say right now that while Emerge will be relatively simple (though possibly tedious), it'll be completely impossible to do meld cards. Escalate is likely impossible, but could probably be approximated.
All I can really do is say thanks for the work done. You know what, I'm gonna look into this whole modding thing. From what I've seen, it's simple enough for someone with a little experience in editing files. Maybe I can contribute.
kabalan20

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Jul 2016, 09:18

kabalan20 wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:I've done the last few sets, but I'm not personally planning to do the next. I'd offer advice to anyone wanting to tackle it, though. Sorry, but I've just got too much going on emotionally to invest that much time in it. It's possible I'll change my mind like I did for the last set, but I wouldn't count on it. This set will be up to someone else.

All I can really do is say thanks for the work done. You know what, I'm gonna look into this whole modding thing. From what I've seen, it's simple enough for someone with a little experience in editing files. Maybe I can contribute.
If you need help, let me know. Once you get the hang of it, it's relatively simple.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Borborigmos » 28 Jul 2016, 14:00

Xander9009 wrote:
kabalan20 wrote:I just want to ask, you guys are gonna do Eldritch Moon as well right?
I've done the last few sets, but I'm not personally planning to do the next. I'd offer advice to anyone wanting to tackle it, though. Sorry, but I've just got too much going on emotionally to invest that much time in it. It's possible I'll change my mind like I did for the last set, but I wouldn't count on it. This set will be up to someone else.

Hey Xander, I'm sorry to hear. Thank you very much for all your hard work and I hope that your personal life issues get resolved soon.

B.
Borborigmos

Previous

Return to 2014