It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:48

Text Size

"AI-capable" community decks?

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

"AI-capable" community decks?

Postby Xodarap777 » 28 Jun 2016, 22:15

Hi, long-time lurker, first-time poster (so double apologies if this has already been addressed)...

The AI in 2014 chokes on crosslands and mana-producing abilities, as well as on complex win conditions and strategies. It's good fun in simpler decks, though.

Has anyone made a list of "AI friendly" decks from the community WAD decks? There are SO MANY to go through; I have no idea how I could personally get through all of them to find out what works and what doesn't. I have no interest in 2014 multiplayer, but I love making my own decks and squaring off in 3-way FFA with the AI. The more decks in the random pool, the better!

Has this been done? If not, does anyone have any advice for getting through the list?
Xodarap777

Re: "AI-capable" community decks?

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Jun 2016, 23:50

Well, I don't have nearly enough time to go through all of the decks, but I could certainly go through mine. It'll take a little while. Probably not until tomorrow (I have quite a few, about 60-ish?). Others will have to evaluate their own.

I could, however, actually write a very simple program to isolate any decks that don't use manual mana or auto-tap dual lands. Those should mostly work fine. It wouldn't be a perfect list, but it'd at least narrow it down from 469 to a more manageable number.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xodarap777 » 29 Jun 2016, 03:08

Xander9009 wrote:I could, however, actually write a very simple program to isolate any decks that don't use manual mana or auto-tap dual lands. Those should mostly work fine. It wouldn't be a perfect list, but it'd at least narrow it down from 469 to a more manageable number.
That's a brilliant shortcut solution. From there, it's easy to just keep track of any additional decks that the computer botches and just delete them as needed.

I'd hate for you to write any program for my sake, but maybe it could start the tracking for a separate 7z file in the GDrive directory for people like myself who want the decks to play against.
Xodarap777

Postby MasterXploder7 » 29 Jun 2016, 06:06

Im going to go through the decks (with names and colors that the AI could manage - I dont think the AI could handle a 4 color deck involving giving hammerlink giant [I think that is his name] lifelink, putting Vigor on the field and dealing 4 damage to all creatures and players but I am on it) and I will provide a semi-formal list. Look in the decks yourself if you want, there are certain rules that I look for and avoid. For instance lightning bolt will work well because it can target a creature or player that isn't their own - but tutors and other, what I call, "auxilary" cards.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby MasterXploder7 » 29 Jun 2016, 07:03

(I am including decks with shrines of nix because there are so many with that as the only nonbasic land) I focused on restricting lands and cards with things like suspend that the AI just wont be good with. I hope this helps.
darien's rule - W,G
Athreos, God of Humans - W,B
Big Scary Dragons - R
Hornet's Nest - R,G
Monowhite Equipment - W
Hail Hydra - G
Spiritual Bonds - W
Jalira's Wrath - U
Howl of the Horde - R
Gisa, Caller of the Damned - B
Scrap Mastery - R
warped inferno - U,R (I am not sure if Braid of Fire will work properly but this deck, despite the cards in it should work somewhat well)
Equipped for War - W
Double Trouble - W
Ancient Relics - U (dont get your hopes up on this one - it might not work)
The Meaning of Life - W (super iffy on the flip card but it should mostly work)
Rumble in the Jungle - U,G (redirect may not work but the rest will)
Unflinching Assault [FRF INTRO] - W,B -(the FRF intro decks, aside from gain 1 life lands, should work)
Cunning Plan [FRF INTRO] - U,R -
Grave Advantage [FRF INTRO] - B,G -
Stampeding Hordes [FRF INTRO] - W,R -
Surprise Attack [FRF INTRO] - U,G -
Massed Ranks [DTK IP] - W,G
Enlightened Mastery [DTK IP] - W,U
Cruel Plots [DTK IP] - U,B
Relentless Rush [DTK IP] - B,R
Furious Forces [DTK IP] - R,G
Battledriver Burn - R
Screeching Rats - B
Reclusive Demon - B
Red Deck Wins - B,R
Mono-white Devotion - W
Mono-green Devotion - R,G
Merfolks - U
Monoblack - B (I am not sure how the AI will react to Abyssal Persecutor)
Angelic Chorus - W
TFM_D_Counters_Mastery - B,R
TFM_D_Devotion_to_Chaos - B,R
TFM_D_Fresh_Dead_Meat - U,B
TFM_D_Golem_Assault - W,G
TFM_D_Journey_to_Bant - W,U,G
TFM_D_Kamikaze - R
TFM_D_Wings_of_Justice - W,B,R
TFM_D_Phyrexian_Poison - B,G
TFM_D_Rituals_of_Rebirth - W,B,G
TFM_D_The_Esper_iment - W,U,B
TFM_D_Unending_Thirst - B
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby nivmizzet1 » 03 Nov 2016, 13:26

I'd just like to add a couple of decks to MasterXploder7's list:
Setessan Colossi - G
Soul Sisters - W
The High Life - W
The Western Way - W

EDIT: Devoted to Obliteration
nivmizzet1

Return to 2014