It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:04

Text Size

Eldritch Moon - Development - Coded(158/195) Art(164/205)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Eldritch Moon - CW Development

Postby Splinterverse » 15 Sep 2016, 19:26

Cool. Thanks for the help on Otherworldly Outburst.

I've been working on Dark Salvation and I've got the first part of it working (creating the zombie tokens), but I am having a hard time with the second half. I think it has to do with how I am applying the negative power/toughness since it is a dynamic value. Would you mind taking a look? http://pastebin.com/V7A77ifa
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 15 Sep 2016, 19:36

Line 72.

Code: Select all
local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_PlayerPtr(0)
You're getting the player target and then trying to change that target's P/T. Your creature target is in target register 1.

local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(1):Get_CardPtr(0)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 15 Sep 2016, 21:19

Thanks for the fix on Dark Salvation.

Coded, tested, uploaded:
Dark Salvation
Otherworldly Outburst
Prophetic Ravings
Shreds of Sanity
Sigarda's Aid
Spreading Flames
Stensia Banquet
Stensia Innkeeper
Stromkirk Occultist
Thermo-Alchemist
Weaver of Lightning

The art for Shreds of Sanity was not working, so I found the art online and made a new .tdx file. That has been uploaded.

I also fixed a bug in Bone Saw (40761 version). It wasn't adding the + amount to the equipped creature. The fix has been uploaded.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 15 Sep 2016, 21:22

All updated. Was the art you added for Shreds of Sanity HQ or LQ?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 15 Sep 2016, 21:28

Xander9009 wrote:All updated. Was the art you added for Shreds of Sanity HQ or LQ?
It was low.

I also took your fixes to Ruthless Disposal and Prying Questions and got those uploaded.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Re: Eldritch Moon - Development - Coded(122.5/195) Art(164/2

Postby Splinterverse » 21 Sep 2016, 11:28

I took a stab at approximating Escalate for Borrowed Grace using kicker code. I thought this might work since Borrowed Grace gives only 2 choices (rather than the three a lot of Escalate spells offer).

It's not working, but I can't figure out why.

I did get a couple error messages where a "then" or an "=" is wanted, but I don't see any missing = or then when I look at the code. My guess is I am using one of the items like EffectDC incorrectly or something.

At any rate, here is the code . . .
http://pastebin.com/3V0Ss7as

And the errors:
[lua] [string "BORROWED_GRACE_CW_414303_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000..."]:2: '=' expected near 'EffectDC'
[lua] [string "BORROWED_GRACE_CW_414303_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000..."]:4: 'then' expected near '='
[lua] [string "BORROWED_GRACE_CW_414303_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x000002d1"]:2: 'then' expected near '='
In general, with a three-choice Escalate, could we do a mana availability check and then, if enough mana is available, present all 7 options? If the mana availability is lower, maybe we could provide 3 or 6 options?

I think of it like binary switches. If they choose 1 option, the result is either 001, 010, or 100. If they choose 2 options, the result is 011, 101, or 110. If they choose all three, it is 111.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Re: Eldritch Moon - Development - Coded(122.5/195) Art(164/2

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Sep 2016, 23:44

First error - Line 58: "If" should not be capitalized. The functions and operators are case-sensitive.

Second error - Line 71: Single '='s should be double '='s. Single equal signs are for setting a variable. Double is for comparing.

Third error - Line 96: Same as above.

I was actually planning to code Escalate today haha. I've been spending the last two days partly coding and partly playing, and I was going to devote today to making as much progress as I can on EMN. Let me know if those changes help. However, using a kicker isn't the right way to go. It'd be close, but there's actually a better example already: Strive. It costs more depending on the number of targets, just like this should cost more depending on the number of options.

The only downside is that they really do have to be modes (otherwise copying the spells won't work properly). I'll post back with my own progress later.
Xander9009
Programmer

Re: Eldritch Moon - Development

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Sep 2016, 05:12

Alright, so I realized after a short time that it wouldn't be possible to properly do these cards. So, I came up with an approximation.

As it stands, it currently works with an activated ability on the card. If you play it normally, you can only choose one mode. If you use the ability, you can choose how many modes you intend to activate. This sets an RSN_ObjectDC register to the number chosen, which alters how a static ability's CA functions. That CA constantly grants one of three abilities. Each ability is identical except each allows you to choose a different number of modes. Once this register has been updated (so the correct SPELL_ABILITY is being granted), it casts the spell for the proper cost.

Copying the spell ends up using the same modes (which is how it's supposed to work), but it doesn't show the light trails that visualize the targeting.

It currently doesn't account for players or creatures having protection, but that should be a simple matter with the new functions I made. It also doesn't account for cost increases or decreases. Cost increases and reductions should affect the total cost, including the Escalate ability. Unfortunately, this will be a rather difficult thing to manage, since the function CanPayManaCost doesn't really work reliably. Only CanCastSpellUsingResourceCost works reliably, and that doesn't work well with variable mana costs...

However, as a whole, it's working. Blessed Alliance is the one I tested on. It's currently in the Loose Files, and it'll be available in the packed version after the next repack.

I'm currently coding the rest.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Sep 2016, 10:15

Update - All missing cards (except those marked as impossible) have been coded. Next step: testing everything.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 22 Sep 2016, 10:56

Xander9009 wrote:Update - All missing cards (except those marked as impossible) have been coded. Next step: testing everything.
Awesome! Great news! I will keep focusing on the missing cards and maybe some Kaladesh prep.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Re: Eldritch Moon - Development - Coded(145/195) Art(164/205

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Sep 2016, 21:58

I meant to spend most of my time awake testing EMN. Instead, I spent most of it organizing functions and writing new ones and making sure everything else was running smoothly. I did, at least, get almost all of the white cards tested. All of the bugs I found are fixed, though a few I can't make sure of until after the next update, and it's not worth forcing it.

Extricator of Sin//Extricator of Flesh - Back side had deformed art.
Lone Rider//It That Rides as One - Back side had no art.
Thraben Standard Bearer - Had no art.
These can't be checked until the art update repacks.

Collective Effort. Just didn't test it. It's got SO MANY THINGS that need tested. Making sure that the number of modes you can choose in the numerical choice screen always shows up right, including whether or not there are valid targets and whether or not you can pay. Making sure that, for each numerical choice, only valid modes are available for picking. Making sure that for each numerical choice, any combination of choices results in the right sequence of events. Making sure the escalate cost always works correctly. So many things, and I'm way too tired for that much more testing. And to think, there are still several more escalate cards to test. They alone require about as much testing as the entire rest of the set combined.
Xander9009
Programmer

Re: Eldritch Moon - Development - Coded(158/195) Art(164/205

Postby Xander9009 » 25 Sep 2016, 13:29

All blue cards have been tested. I'm seeing a pattern of the back faces of cards not having art. Geist of the Archives was also missing art.

Imprisoned in the Moon is a surprisingly tricky card. Due to the way the planeswalkers work (they aren't actually supported by the game; we just found a way to approximate them), you can't easily remove the planeswalker type or subtypes. It breaks things, making the game unable to animate the card properly, resulting in not being able to select or use it in any way.

I fixed this by making a couple of functions that let a card tell the planeswalker manager not to run its type changing code on a particular planeswalker, which allows everything else to run normally.

However, there's also another issue: tokens. The game has the same inability to work with non-creature tokens, except instead of just not displaying them, it outright crashes. So, if a token is enchanted, then its creature type isn't removed. It's instead made unable to attack or block, which is about as close as we can come without just disallowing token enchanting.

There's yet another problem, though. Basic lands. If a land is basic but has no basic land types, then the game will be unable to animate or interact with it the same way it does for planeswalkers. For this, I just did nothing with it. I just made it not remove land types from basic lands. It doesn't really matter as far as the card's intent goes, anyway. The only reason it can enchant lands is so there's no complex idea about "it becomes a land, and this enchantment can enchant that creature or planeswalker even though it's a land and not a creature or a planeswalker" type info needed. To be honest, I'm not even sure it should remove basic or island from a normal island. Since it's becoming a land, I don't think land types would normally be removed.

If you enchant a non-token creature or a non-basic land, it will behave completely as expected. If you enchant a basic land, it gains the ability to tap for 1 colorless mana, but does nothing else. If you enchant a token, the token becomes colorless, gains the land type, and can tap for mana. If you enchant a planeswalker, it becomes a land with the ability to tap for mana, and it loses its planeswalker abilities, but many effects that target or filter for planeswalkers will still include it. You'll probably also be able to attack it... Not sure.

Frankly, the card has so many issues, I'd normally just mark it as impossible if it wasn't for the fact that it's so close to being right and is also such a major part of the set's story (literally the climax).

Curious Homunculus is also a little bugged. Its mana can currently pay for any spells, but I believe it otherwise works. I didn't test the back side's cost reduction because I still need to fix and test the front anyway.

But blue is otherwise done.
Xander9009
Programmer

Previous

Return to 2014