It is currently 18 May 2024, 03:57

Text Size

Please help

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Please help

Postby Splinterverse » 04 Sep 2016, 13:40

Hi, love all the mods. You guys are rock stars!

So, I think I have a file that allows for manual tapping of lands. Unfortunately, the AI that I play against doesn't know how to tap these lands. What file causes this? And, if I remove it, will I still be able to play those lands properly when I am playing a deck with those kind of lands?

Also, bonus question, is this something that can be fixed programmatically? I mean is there any hope a modder will help out in this area.

Many thanks for the ongoing modding. I am amazed by your work!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Re: Please help

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Sep 2016, 14:19

If you mean basic lands, then that's Riiak's Manual Mana mod. It gives the basic lands manual tapping abilities which players can take advantage of but the AI has always had a bit of trouble understanding them. If you're using the Community Wad, then you can safely remove the Manual Mana mod and still be able to use any decks that have cards with manual mana abilities, and if fact the CW was built with this exact idea in mind. Players may use or not use the MM mod and will only affect the basic lands; everything else is included because the actual functionality from the MM mod far too amazing to not use.

It can't really be dealt with programming unless you mean non-basic lands. Dual lands, in particular, can hopefully be programmed such that they automatically set themselves to the needed colors based on whatever card you're currently looking at. This is a mod I've been VERY slowly developing. It hasn't had any progress in a few months, but it works about 75% of the time. Unfortunately, I hit a small road block. (I probably could have solved that issue, but I more or less lost motivation to mod around that time, so it went nowhere since then.)

However, if the above paragraph is right, and you do in fact mean dual lands, then no, there is no file that you can remove to make those lands auto-tap without breaking the decks.

If you can be a bit more specific about what you mean, and check if you're using Riiak's Manual Mana mod, then you can get a more specific answer.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 04 Sep 2016, 19:33

I'm mostly referring to dual lands or lands that have more than one ability. The AI puts them on the board but then it seems like the AI doesn't know that it has the mana available to cast. I can tell because often it is when I am playing 2HG with an AI partner. The AI will have a dual or non-basic land that can make the colors of the cards in its hand but it never taps them.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Sep 2016, 22:32

Splinterverse wrote:I'm mostly referring to dual lands or lands that have more than one ability. The AI puts them on the board but then it seems like the AI doesn't know that it has the mana available to cast. I can tell because often it is when I am playing 2HG with an AI partner. The AI will have a dual or non-basic land that can make the colors of the cards in its hand but it never taps them.
In that case, yes, that's the issue I was working on. Making it so the AI just has to consider a card and the lands it controls will automatically switch to those colors so it knows it can cast the card. Unfortunately, the only way to prevent the AI from getting those lands is to use decks that don't have them. Those lands aren't just granted manual mana abilities, that's the only code those cards have. So, you can't just remove a file to make them work automatically. For many dual lands, however, there are auto-tap versions which the AI will not change the colors of, but it WILL at least use them as mono-colored lands. (As of now, it simply plays them and then NEVER uses them, usually, so it's still better). The thing I was working on was a sort of fusion of the two systems so players had all the control they needed while the AI had all the simplicity of auto-tap.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 04 Sep 2016, 22:56

Xander9009 wrote:In that case, yes, that's the issue I was working on. Making it so the AI just has to consider a card and the lands it controls will automatically switch to those colors so it knows it can cast the card. Unfortunately, the only way to prevent the AI from getting those lands is to use decks that don't have them. Those lands aren't just granted manual mana abilities, that's the only code those cards have. So, you can't just remove a file to make them work automatically. For many dual lands, however, there are auto-tap versions which the AI will not change the colors of, but it WILL at least use them as mono-colored lands. (As of now, it simply plays them and then NEVER uses them, usually, so it's still better). The thing I was working on was a sort of fusion of the two systems so players had all the control they needed while the AI had all the simplicity of auto-tap.
Thank you for the explanation. Your fix sounds perfect. I wish you luck on it. If there's anything I can do to help with it, let me know.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Return to 2014