It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:41

Text Size

Aether Revolt development -- COMPLETE! (186 of 186 uploaded)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Aether Revolt development -- COMPLETE! (185 of 185 uploa

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Jan 2017, 11:43

HQ art for Crackdown Construct has been uploaded. OP updated.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Re: Aether Revolt development -- COMPLETE! (186 of 186 uploa

Postby Splinterverse » 21 Jan 2017, 11:14

Baral, Chief of Compliance has been coded, tested and uploaded. It should appear in the next CW update.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 25 Jan 2017, 13:51

HQ art added for Ice Over and Renegade Map.

Animated art added for Mobile Garrison.

OP updated.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 26 Jan 2017, 11:27

HQ art added for Planar Bridge; OP has been updated.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 27 Jan 2017, 12:32

HQ art added for Embraal Gear-Smasher. OP updated.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 29 Jan 2017, 10:53

HQ art added for Felidar Guardian, Monstrous Onslaught, and Ridgescale Tusker. OP updated.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 01 Feb 2017, 16:57

I have uploaded HQ art for all of the cards that were LQ only. The change should be reflected in the next CW update.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Mar 2017, 02:11

I've updated the art of many cards, mostly from AER. Most were decent enough, but there I've managed to go through and figure out how to easily get the art files from Magic Duels renamed in bulk (which had been delayed since they changed how the cards are formatted from XML to LOL), so I've uploaded most of those. Many were skipped because there were already more suitable version in the CW, such as cards that have full art in Magic Duels but need standard art in 2014 (anything with devoid, plus a few planeswalkers). A couple of others were skipped because the version in the CW was completely different but very HQ in its own right: Sun Titan, Inferno Titan, Pacifism, and Nissa's Pilgrimage. Finally, most of the tokens were skipped because the CW already has the same quality images, and tokens take more work than other art, so unlike with other art, simply overwriting the CW's copy of a token's image may actually make it worse.

So, many of the images may not have actually been improved, but they are all either the same or better. I checked each individually (with a bit of automated assistance) to make sure nothing weird happened. The only art that wasn't done at all yet was the land art. Basic lands were skipped, even though they should probably be brought over at some point. Basic lands are, generally speaking, some of the only cards that it makes a lot of sense to have lots of versions of.

And for the record, I managed the bulk of this with a tool I just wrote that will convert the LOL files to hex and then back, essentially (all in memory). It'll then pull out any tags you tell it to (only simple ones, though, like art_id or card_name; not the abilities or anything that contains spaces). I don't think this would be particularly helpful for anything else, but it's pretty versatile, so if anyone can think of a use for it...

----

I also just noticed that Tezzeret the Schemer creates an actual token for his emblem. However, it wasn't yet accounting for a few important situations. It was also missing a few things, and was overall NECESSARILY sloppy. It couldn't have really been any better than it was because the CW wasn't really set up for emblems yet. (So, please don't think I'm criticizing the work, because I'm not.) However, I decided to go ahead and put in the time to get emblems properly working finally.

So, you can now call PLW_Emblem() from a planeswalker and it'll make an emblem based on that planeswalker's name. It shows the type "Emblem", so "Emblem" doesn't need to be in the name anymore. The filename, however, should start with emblem (which replaces the "token" that it was previously starting with). Nothing should be able to target or affect them, so they don't need any special code for protection (no more shroud, indestructible, or awkward zonechange triggers, which is what I meant by the CW not being ready for it to be done cleanly).

PLW_Emblem can take two parameters. sName and oPlayer. oPlayer would be the player who should get the emblem, which defaults to EffectController(). sName should be the full filename of the emblem, which defaults to '"EMBLEM_"..EffectSource():GetCardName()'. So, for Tezzeret the Schemer, whose cardname is TEZZERET_THE_SCHEMER and whose emblem's cardname and filename are both EMBLEM_TEZZERET_THE_SCHEMER and since Tezzeret's controller is supposed to get the emblem (only three planeswalkers grant emblems to other players), simply calling "PLW_Emblem()" is enough.

The art needs to be full art like eldrazi. I'll go through sometime in the near future and distribute this new proper emblem system to the various planeswalkers.

I'm also going to mirror this new info to its own thread.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 31 Mar 2017, 17:38

Xander9009 wrote:Basic lands were skipped, even though they should probably be brought over at some point. Basic lands are, generally speaking, some of the only cards that it makes a lot of sense to have lots of versions of.
There weren't any new basic lands in AER; just reprints of the ones from KLD. All basic lands from all expansions, promos, etc., are in-game. :)
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Apr 2017, 07:52

Splinterverse wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:Basic lands were skipped, even though they should probably be brought over at some point. Basic lands are, generally speaking, some of the only cards that it makes a lot of sense to have lots of versions of.
There weren't any new basic lands in AER; just reprints of the ones from KLD. All basic lands from all expansions, promos, etc., are in-game. :)
I just meant that I didn't get the basic land arts from Magic Duels. There are a couple that should be grabbed; for instance, the forest with the fancy Kaladesh bridge. The one in the CW is a good HQ pic, but the one from Magic Duels doesn't have the watermark. There were actually several instances of similar issues, including some from before KLD, and they've actually now all been dealt with. I've also collected all of the Magic Duels emblem art files, so I'll get those coded tomorrow if I can.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 01 Apr 2017, 11:10

Xander9009 wrote:I just meant that I didn't get the basic land arts from Magic Duels. There are a couple that should be grabbed; for instance, the forest with the fancy Kaladesh bridge. The one in the CW is a good HQ pic, but the one from Magic Duels doesn't have the watermark. There were actually several instances of similar issues, including some from before KLD, and they've actually now all been dealt with. I've also collected all of the Magic Duels emblem art files, so I'll get those coded tomorrow if I can.
Ah, okay. Makes sense. Thanks!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Previous

Return to 2014