It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:49

Text Size

Commander - EDH

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Commander - EDH

Postby Splinterverse2 » 01 May 2017, 13:13

Xander9009 wrote:Yes I saw this post. In fact, I specifically remember writing out a reply to it, and yet that reply is missing. Not sure if I just didn't hit submit or what... Short version of what I recall: I know the AI has problems casting the commander from the command zone when potentially any card has the possibility of having an alternate casting cost. That much was discovered by error3.

The AI could cast its commander. He added Gitaxian Probe, or Dig through Time, or Treasure Cruise, and with any of those added, the AI could not cast its commander. I haven't yet looked at why.
The decks I was playing against didn't have any alternate cost cards in the deck. Not one of the three AI players cast their commander.
Splinterverse2

Postby Xander9009 » 01 May 2017, 13:14

Splinterverse2 wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:Yes I saw this post. In fact, I specifically remember writing out a reply to it, and yet that reply is missing. Not sure if I just didn't hit submit or what... Short version of what I recall: I know the AI has problems casting the commander from the command zone when potentially any card has the possibility of having an alternate casting cost. That much was discovered by error3.

The AI could cast its commander. He added Gitaxian Probe, or Dig through Time, or Treasure Cruise, and with any of those added, the AI could not cast its commander. I haven't yet looked at why.
The decks I was playing against didn't have any alternate cost cards in the deck. Not one of the three AI players cast their commander.
Did you have any alternate cast cards? (Also, just so you're aware, the Discord server is actually getting some use if you want to join.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 03 May 2017, 11:10

Xander9009 wrote:Did you have any alternate cast cards? (Also, just so you're aware, the Discord server is actually getting some use if you want to join.)
I don't recall there being any alternate cast cards involved. I've attached 3 of the 4 decks that were being played (I don't remember which one was the 4th). I was playing the Mikaeaus one.

These were all decks based on TappedOut, so feel free to share them if you want. The only changes I made from the Tapped Out decklists were to swap things like Command Tower for a card in the deck's "Maybeboard."
Attachments
Commander_Not_Played.zip
(952.77 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 03 May 2017, 13:31

I need your alt art files (well, just the cards folder, really), too.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 03 May 2017, 13:47

Xander9009 wrote:I need your alt art files (well, just the cards folder, really), too.
Ok. It's too big to upload as an attachment so I have uploaded it to the Public Uploads folder. The file is called "DATA_DLC_700_MY_MOD_CORE.zip".
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby FranAvalon » 28 Jul 2017, 10:39

Hi,

I was trying to do a commander deck, but after follow the instructions on the first post to do the deck, I start the game and it freezes after mulligan was taken. I downloaded the decks for Commander from Commander folder, and I get the same problem, the games freezes after mulligan.

I tried to remove the commander land and the game start but without commander exiled, as is expected.

I've attached my file. Maybe it could be useful to find the problem
Attachments
Political_Puppets_EDH.zip
(332.02 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby FranAvalon » 28 Jul 2017, 14:31

I was testing Commander decks from community folder, and I've found that if you and the AI play the same deck, as for example Ghave vs Ghave, the game works correctly. However, if you match two different decks, as for example Ghave vs Sliver Queen or any other combination, the game freezes after mulligan.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Jul 2017, 19:14

Addressed in Discord.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby FranAvalon » 28 Jul 2017, 21:32

Political Puppet's issue was "Skyscribing".
Further investigation is needed to check if this card is playable on other non-commander decks and if the problem affect other forecast cards too.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Previous

Return to 2014