It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:54

Text Size

Amonkhet development -- 228/242 uploaded and complete

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Amonkhet development -- 228/242 uploaded and complete

Postby minosse » 19 Jan 2018, 08:55

Xander9009 wrote:As Foretold will have issues with all suspend cards. I'm planning to look into it, but I'm not certain how easy or difficult it will be to fix.
Ouch, I wanted to test mono blue As foretold living end ! :(
minosse

Postby fallenangle » 19 Jan 2018, 14:15

Xander9009 wrote:As Foretold will have issues with all suspend cards. I'm planning to look into it, but I'm not certain how easy or difficult it will be to fix.
I'm not sure this actually IS a bug, since you're technically activating an ability rather than casting a spell, and the spell has no abilities (or casting cost) apart from the suspend effect. I think you shouldn't be able to cast them using As Foretold. Here are the rulings for reference, however:
https://mtg.gamepedia.com/Suspend
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Jan 2018, 16:23

The rulings on gatherer specify that a card with no mana cost has a CMC of 0 and you can cast them.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=426744

You can also check around and there are many decks from reputable sources that make use of such combos. Not having a mana cost means that it can't be played normally, but As Foretold isn't playing it normally, it's an alternative cost just like the Suspend ability itself is an alternative cost ability. As Foretold should (but currently does not) let you cast those cards with its own alternative cost.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby fallenangle » 20 Jan 2018, 15:44

My understanding was that the entire ability happens because of the suspend effect and that the card has no other abilities, so it should fizzle if cast without using the suspend ability. If I'm wrong about that, it's good to know.
fallenangle

Postby NEMESiS » 23 Jan 2018, 17:07

fallenangle wrote:My understanding was that the entire ability happens because of the suspend effect and that the card has no other abilities, so it should fizzle if cast without using the suspend ability. If I'm wrong about that, it's good to know.
Suspend cards has two things; the spell ability and the suspend activated ability that allows the spell to be cast since it does not have a casting cost. However, cards that have no casting cost are considered as having a spell value of 0. For example Evermind:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=74144

If a spell or effect, such as Parallectric Feedback, asks for Evermind’s converted mana cost, it’s 0.
Evermind has no mana cost, which means it can’t normally be cast as a spell. You could, however, cast it via some alternate means, like with Sunforger or Kaho, Minamo Historian.
So Xander is correct that you cast Living End with As Foretold. You could also cascade into Ancestral Vision using Shardless Agent and get the effect too.
NEMESiS

Postby minosse » 05 Feb 2018, 11:14

NEMESiS wrote:
fallenangle wrote:My understanding was that the entire ability happens because of the suspend effect and that the card has no other abilities, so it should fizzle if cast without using the suspend ability. If I'm wrong about that, it's good to know.
Suspend cards has two things; the spell ability and the suspend activated ability that allows the spell to be cast since it does not have a casting cost. However, cards that have no casting cost are considered as having a spell value of 0. For example Evermind:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=74144

If a spell or effect, such as Parallectric Feedback, asks for Evermind’s converted mana cost, it’s 0.
Evermind has no mana cost, which means it can’t normally be cast as a spell. You could, however, cast it via some alternate means, like with Sunforger or Kaho, Minamo Historian.
So Xander is correct that you cast Living End with As Foretold. You could also cascade into Ancestral Vision using Shardless Agent and get the effect too.
Is the interaction within shardless agent and ancestral vision working? If so, it should be possible to make also as foretold consider ancestral vision as a 0cc card, no?

Thx
minosse

Previous

Return to 2014