It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 16:03
   
Text Size

Commander 2017 development -- 44/52 uploaded

Moderators: Xander9009, CCGHQ Admins

Commander 2017 development -- 44/52 uploaded

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Aug 2017, 11:25

Total Cards: 56 excluding reprints
Coded: 29
Tested: 0
Impossible: 2
HQ art: 56
LQ art: 0
Token art: Cat Dragon HQ and Vampire 1/1 HQ

Legend:
# = Coded
p = Coding in progress
* = Tested
- = LQ Art
+ = HQ Art

CARDS | Open
#+Arahbo, Roar of the World
#+Balan, Wandering Knight
#+Bloodforged Battle-Axe
#+Bloodline Necromancer
#+Bloodsworn Steward
#+Boneyard Scourge
#-Crimson Honor Guard
#+Curse of Bounty
#+Curse of Disturbance
#+Curse of Opulence
#+Curse of Verbosity
#+Curse of Vitality
#+Edgar Markov
#+Fortunate Few
#+Fractured Identity
#+Galecaster Colossus
#+Hammer of Nazahn
#+Heirloom Blade
#+Herald's Horn
#+Hungry Lynx
+Inalla, Archmage Ritualist
#+Izzet Chemister
+Kess, Dissident Mage
+Kheru Mind-Eater
+Kindred Boon
*+Kindred Charge
*+Kindred Discovery
#+Kindred Dominance
#+Kindred Summons
*+Licia, Sanguine Tribune
*+Magus of the Mind
#+Mathas, Fiend Seeker
*+Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist
*+Mirror of the Forebears
#+Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith
+O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami
#+Path of Ancestry
#+Patron of the Vein
*+Qasali Slingers
#+Ramos, Dragon Engine
*+Scalelord Reckoner
*+Shifting Shadow
*+Stalking Leonin
#+Taigam, Ojutai Master
*+Taigam, Sidisi's Hand
*+Territorial Hellkite
*+The Ur-Dragon
#+Traverse the Outlands
+Vindictive Lich
*+Wasitora, Nekoru Queen


Impossible
+Alms Collector
+Disrupt Decorum
+Mairsil, the Pretender
+New Blood
+Portal Mage
+Teferi's Protection - Can be approximated.


Reprints
The vast majority of the cards in the Commander sets are reprints so we won't be listing them here.

Note
I have completed coding of the cards I plan to code.

Please reply with any updates you have -- bugs, HQ art, etc.
Last edited by Splinterverse on 10 Jan 2018, 14:27, edited 8 times in total.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools | Multiplayer Tips
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 768
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 16/56 uploaded

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Aug 2017, 19:56

Today's my day off, and I'd prefer not to work on cards today, but I'll coding the ones you skipped tomorrow.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 16/56 uploaded

Postby Splinterverse2 » 11 Aug 2017, 19:58

Xander9009 wrote:Today's my day off, and I'd prefer not to work on cards today, but I'll coding the ones you skipped tomorrow.
Awesome. Some of these need your skill level for sure. They are walls of text!
Splinterverse2
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 20 Sep 2016, 13:52
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 16/56 uploaded

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Aug 2017, 21:23

I notice that some of these just need an easy way to check whether or not a specific card or if FilteredCard() is a commander, so here's the function for that: CW_Commander_IsCommander(oCard{, oCard:GetOwner()}). So, if you want to check if it's your commander: CW_Commander_IsCommander(oCard, EffectController()). Checking for oCard:GetOwner() is the same as checking all players (since it can only be its owner's commander).

I'm not sure where you got the name Blood Born Axe, but I think that one is supposed to be Bloodforged Battle-Axe. Which is actually a pretty normal card. Just needs to call "MTG():PutTokenCopiesOntoBattlefield(EffectSource(), 1, EffectController())".

Although, I did just notice that I failed to include a simple IsInCommandZone function...

EDIT: I did make that function... It's in there: CW_Commander_IsInCommandZone(oCommander)...
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 16/56 uploaded

Postby Splinterverse » 12 Aug 2017, 09:00

Xander9009 wrote:I'm not sure where you got the name Blood Born Axe, but I think that one is supposed to be Bloodforged Battle-Axe. Which is actually a pretty normal card. Just needs to call "MTG():PutTokenCopiesOntoBattlefield(EffectSource(), 1, EffectController())".
I got the name from a comment by the poster of the high quality artwork because the spoiled card is in German. Sometimes the translations of the non-English spoiled card names end up not being the accurate ones, and I've seen a few cases where the person who had access to the HQ art and posted it had the English name. Either one could be wrong though.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools | Multiplayer Tips
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 768
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 22/56 uploaded

Postby Splinterverse » 12 Aug 2017, 10:25

I have completed coding of all the cards I plan to code for this set.

Today I have coded and uploaded:
Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith
Patron of the Vein
Ramos Dragon Engine
Taigam, Ojutai Master
Traverse the Outlands
Wasitora, Nekoru Queen + token

I will keep watching for additional HQ art and upload as I find it.

OP has been updated.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools | Multiplayer Tips
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 768
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 22/56 uploaded

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Aug 2017, 12:40

I've coded 9 of the cards this morning and I think 2 might be impossible, though I can probably approximate them.

Coded (not tested or uploaded):
Arahbo, Roar of the World
Bloodline Necromancer
Bloodsworn Steward
Crimson Honor Guard
Edgar Markov
Fortunate Few
Heirloom Blade
Herald's Horn
Izzet Chemister

Probably impossible:
Alms Collector - It specifies when a player draws two or more cards, but I don't think the game has a way to detect the number of cards drawn. The best solution I could think of was to implement a stack watcher wherein we track abilities being pushed onto and popped off of the stack. If a given opponent draws multiple cards without the stack changing, then, we should probably be replacing some of those card draws. We can override those extra draws, but ensuring we only draw one, not one for each overridden card, will be tricky. There will probably be some other issues with it, too. For instance, Mystic Confluence would draw three separate cards if you chose that mode three times. I don't think it should replace the second and third cards drawn, but with this method, it would. But that would be relatively minor and rare.

Disrupt Decorum - Forcing the creatures to attack is easy. Forcing them to attack another player if they can is... less easy. I'm thinking the best way to handle these types of abilities, since a port of my screen code wouldn't work here since it's not just a filter like protection abilities are but is rather a conditional thing usually, would be to change the cards themselves to denote which players they currently cannot attack. I don't think this would be nearly as extensive as the protections, but it might be. I haven't looked into it.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 22/56 uploaded

Postby Splinterverse » 13 Aug 2017, 15:48

Xander9009 wrote:I've coded 9 of the cards this morning and I think 2 might be impossible, though I can probably approximate them.

Coded (not tested or uploaded):
Arahbo, Roar of the World
Bloodline Necromancer
Bloodsworn Steward
Crimson Honor Guard
Edgar Markov
Fortunate Few
Heirloom Blade
Herald's Horn
Izzet Chemister

Probably impossible:
Alms Collector - It specifies when a player draws two or more cards, but I don't think the game has a way to detect the number of cards drawn. The best solution I could think of was to implement a stack watcher wherein we track abilities being pushed onto and popped off of the stack. If a given opponent draws multiple cards without the stack changing, then, we should probably be replacing some of those card draws. We can override those extra draws, but ensuring we only draw one, not one for each overridden card, will be tricky. There will probably be some other issues with it, too. For instance, Mystic Confluence would draw three separate cards if you chose that mode three times. I don't think it should replace the second and third cards drawn, but with this method, it would. But that would be relatively minor and rare.

Disrupt Decorum - Forcing the creatures to attack is easy. Forcing them to attack another player if they can is... less easy. I'm thinking the best way to handle these types of abilities, since a port of my screen code wouldn't work here since it's not just a filter like protection abilities are but is rather a conditional thing usually, would be to change the cards themselves to denote which players they currently cannot attack. I don't think this would be nearly as extensive as the protections, but it might be. I haven't looked into it.
Cool. I thought I had already coded and uploaded Bloodline Necromancer and Herald's Horn, but maybe I sent you the empty XMLs? No worries as long as we have them available, it's all good.

With Alms Collector, I was thinking about using the Draw trigger to track, but I guess it wouldn't fire for each card, just the action itself. Given the issues you cited, it might not be possible.

For Disrupt Decorum, we have Goad on some creatures (or at least an approximation of it) that TFM and I worked on. Don't know if that helps.

Thanks for coding. I have updated the OP.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools | Multiplayer Tips
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 768
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 29/56 uploaded

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Aug 2017, 16:29

Actually, I forgot about those two, but I didn't even mark Herald's Horn as done by me. I just left your tags intact since I didn't change anything. I marked Bloodline Necromancer as us both because I changed it a bit. But I remember being slightly confused as to why they were included since they were already seemingly coded.

I'll go ahead and delete those two on my end and merely point out that Bloodline Necromancer is missing the creature card restriction in the filter.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 29/56 uploaded

Postby Splinterverse » 14 Aug 2017, 10:40

Xander9009 wrote:I'll go ahead and delete those two on my end and merely point out that Bloodline Necromancer is missing the creature card restriction in the filter.
I have corrected this and re-uploaded. Thanks.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools | Multiplayer Tips
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 768
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 29/56 uploaded

Postby Splinterverse » 15 Aug 2017, 10:29

---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools | Multiplayer Tips
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 768
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 29/56 uploaded

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Jan 2018, 12:07

I can't believe I completely forgot about the rest of these cards... I'll have to get that fixed soon.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 29/56 uploaded

Postby Splinterverse » 10 Jan 2018, 14:32

I have uploaded HQ art for all cards that did not have it previously, so the entire set should be available in HQ once all the cards are coded.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools | Multiplayer Tips
Splinterverse
 
Posts: 768
Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 13:32
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 29/56 uploaded

Postby Finnical » 10 Jan 2018, 16:52

I went to put together a Edgar Markov deck (wife bought it for me! yay!), and it doesn't appear to have been ever uploaded to the core wad. It looks like it has been coded but never uploaded. Also, if it is possible, I have been working on a Licia variant and would like her coded if someone has the time.

Licia is interesting, I find she works far better as a control commander not in a vampire shell at all. Thinking I might make two commander decks instead of one. I used Bishop's Soldier, a Hanweir Lancer, and Favor of the Gods to approximate her for testing.
Finnical
 
Posts: 77
Joined: 03 Aug 2015, 08:13
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Commander 2017 development -- 29/56 uploaded

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Jan 2018, 21:36

Herald's Horn was lost somewhere. However, the others I posted about are in the CW, including 7 that were simply never uploaded (but were coded, albeit untested).

Also coded but never uploaded (or tested):
Bloodforged Battle-Axe
Inalla, Archmage Ritualist
Kheru Mind-Eater
Kindred Boon

However, Edgar Markov is among those I just uploaded.

EDIT: Sorry, about the Licia variant, you mean a custom version of her? Sure. Post her ability text (or image, if you're using, like, Magic Set Editor or something) and I'll see what I can do.
_______________________________
Community Wad - Community Wad Website - How to Help and Report Bugs
Discord: discord.gg/4AXvHzW
User avatar
Xander9009
Programmer
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 07:44
Location: Indiana, United States
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Next

Return to 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Login Form