It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:01

Text Size

Game crashing after my edits: why?

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Game crashing after my edits: why?

Postby GamerXYZ » 29 Dec 2017, 02:57

I made the following changes to DATA_DECKS_D14.WAD:
- Added always_available="true" to all regular (so, non-challenge, non-sealed, etcetera) decks (except Garruk's non-Revenge deck since it already has it, and for decks that say never_available="true" (the Revenge ones and the boss's deck) I simply changed never to always). I added it in all cases in the same spaces Garruk's deck has always_available and the unusable decks have never_available (so: always_available="true" uid="(number)")
- Removed the @(number) that some cards have (this to prevent cards from being shuffled down at easier difficulties).

In other DotPs no problem, but 2014 crashes before the main menu. I'm using the latest Gibbed Tools (r6 b11), and I've already determined that Rick's DLL isn't the problem: it starts fine with the original DATA_DECKS_D14.WAD + Rick's DLL. So, what could it be?

EDIT: seems I had this exact same problem years ago, and it seems I pinpointed the problem to the SKIDROW crack. Guess I'll just have to find another (hopefully I can find one...). Or has there been a solution for this problem since then?

EDIT2: found the 3DM crack. That introduced a new problem with steam_api.dll (regardless of Skidrow's or 3DM's), but that was fixed by using DotP 2013's steam_api.dll.
GamerXYZ

Re: Game crashing after my edits: why?

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 Jan 2018, 11:07

The problem is that there is a hard limit on the number of decks that can be always_available="true" in content_pack="0" (of which all base game decks are in, as this controls which "expansion" is required for the decks). Additionally, there are problems that are introduced if you change the original game WADs (such as breaking the campaigns). As such we recommend that you copy the decks (modifying as desired) into a new "expansion" (content_pack greater than 0) include a Content Pack Enabler for that "expansion" if it is one you don't already have unlocked and save as a new WAD (so you aren't changing the original base game WADs).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to 2014