It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:56

Text Size

Planechase development -- 84/86 uploaded

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Planechase development -- 84/86 uploaded

Postby fallenangle » 31 Jul 2019, 22:48

I'm not sure I can properly diagnose the problem; but if your code to prevent additional land playing worked as you hoped, it would probably count things like Rampant Growth against the player, which don't technically count as "playing" a land. The solution I can suggest would be to use a "LAND_PLAYED" trigger for the active player, set a LinkedDC Int to 1 if a land is played, and only allow land playing from the plane if the LinkedDC is 0.

One other thing that you might want to do is mark your activated ability as a Mana ability so that Harsh Mentor and Burning Tree Shaman don't damage the player who uses the plane.
fallenangle

Postby Splinterverse » 01 Aug 2019, 11:04

fallenangle wrote:I'm not sure I can properly diagnose the problem; but if your code to prevent additional land playing worked as you hoped, it would probably count things like Rampant Growth against the player, which don't technically count as "playing" a land. The solution I can suggest would be to use a "LAND_PLAYED" trigger for the active player, set a LinkedDC Int to 1 if a land is played, and only allow land playing from the plane if the LinkedDC is 0.
The problem with a LinkedDC is that it doesn't survive a zone change. Since the plane may not have been present at the start of the turn (i.e. in the ZONE_BATTLEFIELD) it would have to be tracking using ZONE_ANY. I don't know if Rampant Growth would fire the LAND_PLAYED trigger. But, I think interrogation is still the way to go because it checks based on the whole turn regardless of when the plane entered and since it is checking for zone change, it would capture the Rampant Growth. I just need to figure out why it's only preventing use if you've already played a land, but not if you haven't (and then allowing repeated use). I'm hoping to mess with it this weekend when I'm off work.

fallenangle wrote:One other thing that you might want to do is mark your activated ability as a Mana ability so that Harsh Mentor and Burning Tree Shaman don't damage the player who uses the plane.
I'm not sure how to mark it as a mana ability. Harsh Mentor wouldn't fire because all Planes are "technically" enchantments, but Burning-Tree Shaman would.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby fallenangle » 01 Aug 2019, 13:57

Then instead of a LinkedDC, you could use a protected CWObjectDC. The thing is, if you actually play a land, a land played trigger will fire. If a land enters the battlefield from another zone, it won't. That's what I meant when I mentioned Rampant Growth, which your current code will prevent from working.

As for mana abilities, any card that adds mana from the CW should have code that says "RSN Mark Mana Ability Start" somewhere, and "RSN Mark Mana Ability End" when it's over. Check one of those to see how it works.
fallenangle

Postby Splinterverse » 02 Aug 2019, 12:23

fallenangle wrote:Then instead of a LinkedDC, you could use a protected CWObjectDC. The thing is, if you actually play a land, a land played trigger will fire. If a land enters the battlefield from another zone, it won't. That's what I meant when I mentioned Rampant Growth, which your current code will prevent from working.
I was able to get the land stuff sorted out. I used a CW_DC_Object and protected it to track lands played. I also had to fire a trigger when a land was played using this ability. I tested it and it worked. You can now only play one land per turn using this ability (if you haven't already played a land you own). I've uploaded the fix, but it won't appear until the next repack (which depends on the auto-uploader working again).
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby TheArchive » 27 Jul 2020, 15:49

Hello, I realize how old this is and I don't even know if anyone still comes to this forum, but I've been having no luck at all with getting planechase to work. I set up one of the AI to use the deck, but it always crashes as soon as I attempt to start. I don't know what I'm missing here. Is this just because it's out of date or something?
TheArchive

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Jul 2020, 10:53

Crashing when attempting to start a game in DotP usually indicates one of a few problems:
  • You are trying to start a multiplayer match with someone who does not have the exact same mods you have (this also applies to trying to use any auto-match functionality). I don't think this is your problem since you said you set up an AI to use the deck, but I'm listing it because it is a common source of crashes.
    • You can only player either single player against the AI(s) or you have to setup a private match with a friend who has the exact same mod setup you have.
  • Or one of the decks you are trying to use has cards referenced that are not present in your setup.
    • A relatively easy way to see if this is a problem is to use my Deck Builder and check to see if any errors were generated when loading up all the cards.
  • You're trying to use the mod with a version of DotP that is not supported.
    • This mod is only for DotP 2014 and won't work with any other DotP version.

Now it is possible that there could be another reason that Planechase could be crashing, but I've never run the Planechase mod so I can only comment on general problems it could be.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby fallenangle » 28 Jul 2020, 14:05

It's likely that you will also need to download the Community Wad, as Planechase depends (I believe) on some of the functions it contains.
fallenangle

Postby stryder » 06 Nov 2022, 06:31

TheArchive wrote:Hello, I realize how old this is and I don't even know if anyone still comes to this forum, but I've been having no luck at all with getting planechase to work. I set up one of the AI to use the deck, but it always crashes as soon as I attempt to start. I don't know what I'm missing here. Is this just because it's out of date or something?
I'm having the same problem, just on a single-player custom game with AI players (one with the planechase deck). The game does a dump and then hangs on the loading screen.

I already have the community WAD and I've tried opening the Deck Builder but it doesn't seem to show any errors.
stryder

Postby ezpot » 26 Mar 2024, 13:51

stryder wrote:
TheArchive wrote:Hello, I realize how old this is and I don't even know if anyone still comes to this forum, but I've been having no luck at all with getting planechase to work. I set up one of the AI to use the deck, but it always crashes as soon as I attempt to start. I don't know what I'm missing here. Is this just because it's out of date or something?
I'm having the same problem, just on a single-player custom game with AI players (one with the planechase deck). The game does a dump and then hangs on the loading screen.

I already have the community WAD and I've tried opening the Deck Builder but it doesn't seem to show any errors.
Im probably arriving really late to this but some decks are really old, if you simply put them as they are the game gonna crash, the solution for this problem is to remake the deck in question with the lastest version of the deck builder, just open the deck builder and the planechase deck, save it as a xml, but take note of the id of the deck, delete the old version of the planechase, open the xml, replace the id for the original one, export to wad and the planechase should work again as intended.

Edit: forgot to give my thx to splinterverse for the planechase, im having a blast playing with it, so thx a lot man.
ezpot

Previous

Return to 2014