It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:50

Text Size

Please Check-in!

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Please Check-in!

Postby MasterXploder7 » 08 Apr 2020, 22:40

Hey everyone,

No new cards in this post but I'd like to see who all is active in the forums even if you're just browsing and checking to see if there's anything new, it would be really appreciated if you just dropped a comment how things are going and/or if you're working on something how that is going or what its like with the pandemic and all this free time a lot of people have.

It would be a special treat to summon thefiremind or kevlahnota (the latter of which is especially a rare treat ;))

All of you guys that keep this forum alive are great though. I appreciate the work all of you do and have done. :)
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Re: Please Check-in!

Postby kevlahnota » 08 Apr 2020, 22:45

MasterXploder7 wrote:Hey everyone,

No new cards in this post but I'd like to see who all is active in the forums even if you're just browsing and checking to see if there's anything new, it would be really appreciated if you just dropped a comment how things are going and/or if you're working on something how that is going or what its like with the pandemic and all this free time a lot of people have.

It would be a special treat to summon thefiremind or kevlahnota (the latter of which is especially a rare treat ;))

All of you guys that keep this forum alive are great though. I appreciate the work all of you do and have done. :)
Im just roaming this time...
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Apr 2020, 00:12

Work has been keeping me pretty busy (though it is working from home until things are somewhat more under control). I haven't really working on any of my side projects recently (been spending my time trying to un-knot my brain after spending all day tracing through old, badly written, C and C++ code).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Zambooo » 10 Apr 2020, 11:22

I look at the forum sometimes but I'm mostly on Discord nowdays.

I'm on a break from DotP at the moment because of more compelling stuff I need to care of.
Zambooo

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Apr 2020, 19:17

I'm around. Haven't had much time to devote to the CW, but I'm on Discord. Hope all of you are well.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Finnical » 13 Apr 2020, 23:28

I check here sometimes, but I am playing forge now. I did bug reports for a bit but mostly I just enjoyed the amazing work done here.
Finnical

Postby nivmizzet1 » 19 Apr 2020, 09:50

I've been checking here and the discord very infrequently, but I'm effectively inactive. I don't even have DOTP installed anymore :(
nivmizzet1

Postby fallenangle » 05 Jul 2020, 15:52

I haven't done much of anything, but I may work a bit on getting my revamped split card model to work properly. No guarantees, though. I don't really play Magic now since I've become busy with life and burned myself out playing Arena two years ago.
fallenangle

Postby newtomagic » 10 Jul 2020, 07:02

Hi..i dont think this is the right place to post but can i Request the possible code of Liliana's Scrounger card from core set 2021...im trying to make cards from that set and im having a hard time doing this particular card...Thanks
newtomagic

Postby Shatterhouse » 05 Aug 2020, 20:53

Hi, hello... I recently got an MTG itch, played a little DotP against the AI, customized a few cards (that you've all probably done already, ha), stopped by here, saw this post, and happened to remember my password from nine or ten years ago. Hope you're all doing well.
Shatterhouse

Postby Boge » 03 Jul 2021, 03:01

Long time Magic player here. I bumped into this forum a couple of years back and it's the holy grail of Magic the Gathering for me. I used to play with my friends all the time, but getting into Magic at different times created some incompatibilities between our sets. Some of us had old cards, some had new. So complications arose and we fell out of the game. This allows me to play against their decks vs AI, so it's sort of the next best thing since they don't want to adjust and figure out some sort of compromise on how we can continue playing.

Some of them have also gotten involved in Magic Arena which I won't play because "stranger danger" makes me too nervous. I can't play games with strangers. It would be nice to try playing my old cards against some of the new stuff to see how it works. Maybe my friends and I could play again if I knew it would. I don't suppose there are any of the newer premade decks available for 2014?

Anyway, thanks for all your work. I love this game and I'm devastated they stopped selling it but so thankful that I purchased a copy when it was available.
Boge

Postby MasterXploder7 » 17 Jul 2021, 03:10

Boge wrote:Long time Magic player here. I bumped into this forum a couple of years back and it's the holy grail of Magic the Gathering for me. I used to play with my friends all the time, but getting into Magic at different times created some incompatibilities between our sets. Some of us had old cards, some had new. So complications arose and we fell out of the game. This allows me to play against their decks vs AI, so it's sort of the next best thing since they don't want to adjust and figure out some sort of compromise on how we can continue playing.

Some of them have also gotten involved in Magic Arena which I won't play because "stranger danger" makes me too nervous. I can't play games with strangers. It would be nice to try playing my old cards against some of the new stuff to see how it works. Maybe my friends and I could play again if I knew it would. I don't suppose there are any of the newer premade decks available for 2014?

Anyway, thanks for all your work. I love this game and I'm devastated they stopped selling it but so thankful that I purchased a copy when it was available.
While I don't want to talk bad about DotP 2014, I would like to suggest other ways to play magic with your friends and also attempt to calm your fears about the apparent "stranger danger".

Cockatrice is a program you can use to play with your friends. It has an online aspect to it but it really is just a very manual, I mean, very, very, very manual online version of magic. It takes some getting used too but I have had some great fun on it and would recommend that you at least take a look at it. You dont have to interact with anyone but your friends. You can even play games by yourself but there is no AI so you would have to play as yourself and your opponent.

As for Arena... I wouldn't worry about strangers unless your fear involves either offending people or being hated by someone. No one can add you on their friends list unless you specifically go out of your way to give them your full game ID (which is hidden behind a menu). The worst thing a stranger can do is spam passive aggressive emotes like "Your Go." and "Good Game." (or the new animated stickers) but even these aspects of the game can be turned off so that your opponent cannot interact with you at all. The only thing you cant do is hide the user name (the game ID I spoke of includes your game name + several numbers so even if someone tried to guess it, they would have to guess something like 99,999 times).

I hope this helps you and your friends diversify the platforms on which you all can play magic.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby thumpalump » 25 Aug 2021, 03:27

Hi all. I got a new hard drive a few months ago and I'm back here to re-download the wad. Also I used to have a bookmark of a document that showed which sets were completed or being worked on. Can someone link that?
thumpalump

Postby thumpalump » 25 Aug 2021, 19:23

Never mind, sorry I found the link. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =788224830
thumpalump

Return to 2014