It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:32

Text Size

[fixed]Grim Flayer

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[fixed]Grim Flayer

Postby gnomefry » 24 Jan 2020, 20:17

Describe the Bug:

The ability of Grim Flayer triggers whenever it deals combat damage to a player. It does trigger, but there are two issues with resolution.

1 - A "Select a card" dialog opens and correctly displays the top 3 cards of your library. Any number of them should be able to be sent to the GY. However no more than 1 card is selectable, which immediately closes the dialog and launches a new dialog for the second part of the ability.

2 - A second dialog labeled "Pick a card to put on top" is opened. The remaining cards are displayed. However, selecting a card does not remove it from the choices or necessarily determine the card order on top of your library.

In similar dialogs, selecting a card would remove it from the available options and place it on the library in Last-In-First-Out order.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Manalink test build Jan 12 2020 - duel

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?

1 - Send to GY: After a card is selected the dialog should re-open to display the remaining cards. Cards go to GY in LIFO order. The script should not advance to the second 'library' part of the ability until:

A) - All 3 cards were selected / no cards remain for selection
    B) - ESC is pressed or a blank section of the dialog is clicked (suggesting based this on mechanics of existing similar effects). Necessary because amount of cards sent to GY can be 0-3.
2 - Top of library: Selecting a card removes it from available choices, placing on top of library in LIFO order.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 25 Jan 2020, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed
gnomefry
Tester

Re: Grim Flayer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Jan 2020, 08:07

Fixed in commit 566b672e.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [fixed]Grim Flayer

Postby gnomefry » 29 Jan 2020, 20:59

Thank you. Is your fix for the below portion of the bug a global fix or specific to Grim Flayer?

2 - A second dialog labeled "Pick a card to put on top" is opened. The remaining cards are displayed. However, selecting a card does not remove it from the choices or necessarily determine the card order on top of your library.
The reason I ask is because I'm seeing the same issue with another "top 3 cards" dialog box. This time with Ponder. I won't make a separate bug report if that part of your Grim Flayer fix is global and will take care of both.
gnomefry
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Jan 2020, 13:27

Ponder and many others and Grim Flayer (Grim Flayer though had the other issues) just use a different way to choose the order
of the cards to put on top which works fine. The order is the one from left to right - top to bottom. When you click a card on that menu it goes on left-top and the left-top to the place the card it replaces was. You will just need few times to get familiar with it.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gnomefry » 30 Jan 2020, 16:56

Thanks for the reply, AJ. With this change to the way Ponder (and other "re-order top of library" effects) works, the dialog box ends up with 3 cards, face-up, in left-to-right order.

Does that mean the cards, when flipped over and put back on top of the library, go:

Leftmost = first down onto top of library (would be the third card drawn)
Middle = second down onto top of library (would be second card drawn)
Right = third down onto top of library (would be third card drawn)

Or is it the reverse?

I'm grateful for all your work on the project. I just want to politely feed back that the previous implementation (in EMN) might be more straight-forward:

ponder_cast.jpg
gnomefry
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Jan 2020, 17:10

Leftmost = first down onto top of library (would be the first card drawn)
Middle = second down onto top of library (would be second card drawn)
Right = third down onto top of library (would be third card drawn).

This is not my design, I have no such development abilities but this seems more rules wise. The cards have to be put on library or on any zone all together and not one by one, right?
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Archived Reports