It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:53

Text Size

[fixed] Vampire Hexmage's ability doesn't remove counters

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[fixed] Vampire Hexmage's ability doesn't remove counters

Postby Torque » 16 Mar 2021, 00:06

Describe the Bug:
Vampire Hexmage's ability doesn't actually remove any counters from the target. In the attached screenshot, I activated its ability against an opponent's Student of Warfare and my card was sacrificed ineffectually. I've observed the same behavior with other targets, like Planeswalkers.

Which card did behave improperly?
Vampire Hexmage

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
March 2021 - Allegiances and Alliances, duel

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
Counters should be removed.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
Not that I can think of.

My apologies for the lack of a save file. I'm not sure why the function doesn't work for me. It simply doesn't generate a file.
Attachments
hexmage1.jpg
Last edited by drool66 on 16 Mar 2021, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed
Torque

Re: Vampire Hexmage's ability doesn't remove counters

Postby Aswan jaguar » 16 Mar 2021, 07:03

Hi Torque, thanks for the bug reports we really appreciate them. :D

Torque wrote:My apologies for the lack of a save file. I'm not sure why the function doesn't work for me. It simply doesn't generate a file.

Which part doesn't work for you from the instructions below given in topic: READ THIS BEFORE YOU CREATE A NEW TOPIC!!!!:
4) Attach a Savegame
Please attach a savegame to the topic.This is needed to re-create the bug (so the save should be before the bug happened).
If the game has crashed or froze the game (basically game state is saved at the beginning of every turn) automatically saves (incredible feature that I love too much 8) ) at every beginning of a turn. In your Savegame file you will see AUTOSAVE.E1M (for duels), AUTOSAVE.E1G (for gauntlet), and AUTOSAVE.E1S (for sealed game). Please rename it and attach also that file (before you begin a new game that is and lose that game status in AUTOSAVE).

Besides this you can always save a game at any time in the same turn a bug has happened and attach it, if it is not in the same turn it the bug happened the savegame is not always helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4012#p53849
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby drool66 » 16 Mar 2021, 12:58

Fixed, 7df96c7 ("Fix error in remove_all_counters()", 2021-03-16)
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 23 Mar 2021, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add commit
drool66
Programmer

Postby Torque » 16 Mar 2021, 13:03

No problem, I discovered the program a few weeks ago and I just thought I'd ask for fixes to the things I often encounter.

Aswan jaguar wrote:Which part doesn't work for you
Well in the vein of what I mentioned before, the save file simply doesn't generate when one would expect it to. I use the context menu, put in a filename and click save, but then afterward when I browse to that location no file is there. This is on Windows 10, and I've tried a few variations like running as an administrator or saving in different locations.
Attachments
saving.jpg
Torque

Re: [fixed] Vampire Hexmage's ability doesn't remove counter

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Mar 2021, 06:33

Please make a list of all the files in your magic file and copy paste it here to check if something is missing for the savegames to work.

Something else you could try is: Maybe something weird is happening and saves the files somewhere else. Start a new game, make a save and use the windows explorer/search to find the name of your file in your hard drive or search for the last created files in your computer. ( stassy thanks for the idea ). Or check if the save games get quarantined.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [fixed] Vampire Hexmage's ability doesn't remove counter

Postby Torque » 19 Mar 2021, 01:48

I'll attach a few things. First a file list formatted as csv, contained in a zip archive. Then some relevant screenshots (I do not use a supplementary antivirus). I doubt it's pertinent, but I use a Japanese system locale for compatibility with some games that aren't localized. Also worth mentioning, I have several copies of Microprose's MTG that I have used for separate purposes: one for Shandalar, one for Sealed which is bugged for me in more recent releases, and one for constructed (this is up-to-date, and the one I am using and reporting on). These are, of course, in separate folders with separate file lists.
Attachments
notquarantined.jpg
recent.jpg
FileList.zip
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Torque

Return to Archived Reports