It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:56

Text Size

[duplicate]AI activates first strike twice

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[duplicate]AI activates first strike twice

Postby Dav3377 » 25 Mar 2021, 12:56

I have noticed two AI issues with a number of card (Icatian Infantry, Order of Lietbur, Order of the Ebon hand, and Orcish Veteran) that have an activated cost to get first strike.

First, the AI will activate first strike during its turn, then not attack. This is a manna waste. Even when it does attack, it would make more sense to wait and only activate first strike if the creature is blocked. I understand that it might be hard to teach the AI when to activate first strike, so this might not be fixable.

The AI will also activate first strike on the same creature twice in one turn. I saw this specifically with Orcish Veteran. This seems easier to fix if the AI could be programmed to check for certain abilities (first strike, menace, fear, etc., but NOT power/toughness boosts) before activating them.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 28 Mar 2021, 07:46, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: duplicate
Dav3377

Re: [confirmed]AI activates first strike twice

Postby Aswan jaguar » 28 Mar 2021, 07:45

These are known bugs and I have reported about most of them more than once. This was on my to do list however your report made me leave other things I was working and I have started working and fixing the ones that don't involve evasion abilities (flying, landwalking, etc) as the method we have doesn't work for those.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Archived Reports