It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:28

Text Size

[fixed]Display right set symbol when drafting

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[fixed]Display right set symbol when drafting

Postby Korath » 18 Dec 2021, 05:52

Describe the Bug:
Cards are always displayed with their first printing's expansion symbol and rarity. (By default. You can change that in DuelArt/Duel.dat, but 1) I doubt anyone ever does, and 2) a given card will always display with the same symbol, even if it's not the default one.)

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
dev 751bff5ff.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
At least while drafting a booster, it should display the current expansion's symbol and rarity on each card, so e.g. if you open up a Tenth Edition booster and get a Sengir Vampire as your rare, it at least displays in gold.

I doubt we'll be able to preserve this even while looking at previously-drafted cards, let alone when you're editing your draft deck, but at least this much can likely be done.

Are any other cards stuff possibly affected by this bug?
Even better would be to display the art specifically from that expansion, though this is harder. I've got some ideas on how we could do that, as well as how we can display the right artist for each piece of artwork, but even if any such scheme is feasible the real bottleneck would be assigning expansions and artist names to each image.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 29 Dec 2021, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: Display right set symbol when drafting

Postby Korath » 28 Dec 2021, 13:52

This'll need to account somehow for cards that don't exist in their nominal sets. Pack generation doesn't include expeditions or inventions or masterpieces or the like owing to their rarity (on the order of 1 in 150 boosters for sets where it's even documented), but Strixhaven had a dedicated Mystical Archive slot, and those don't show up in Strixhaven proper. There's also a whole lot of reprints in the Jumpstart decklists that Gatherer claims aren't in Jumpstart (Capture Sphere is a fairly prominent example, in 11 decks). I'm leaning towards just falling back to default frame/expansionsymbol display in such cases.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: Display right set symbol when drafting

Postby Korath » 29 Dec 2021, 11:48

d333e0cf1, 9675e981b, 932c15785, and a5f0d89f7.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Archived Reports