It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:49

Text Size

[fixed]Vanguard & Conspiracy cards not in deckbuilder

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[fixed]Vanguard & Conspiracy cards not in deckbuilder

Postby drool66 » 03 Mar 2022, 22:00

Does anyone know what happened to the Vanguard & Conspiracy cards in deckbuilder?
Last edited by drool66 on 12 Mar 2022, 01:34, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed
drool66
Programmer

Re: [confirmed]Karn Liberated adds a Swamp to battlefield

Postby Korath » 04 Mar 2022, 03:58

Uh oh. Might be my fault. Similar problem to the one that was fixed in commit 796afe9097.

I'll fix "Rumors of My Death . . ." sorting at the very start (even before the * cards) instead of between Rummaging Goblin and Runaway Carriage while I'm fiddling around in there. Also "Ach! Hans, Run!" for if/when it gets enabled, but obviously between different cards. _____ and +2 Mace already get sorted in the right place, between * cards and the A's. Anything else while I'm at it? Maybe sort the game-format cards/vanguards/conspiracies/planes at the end instead of the beginning, or by their names instead of clumping them together?
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby drool66 » 04 Mar 2022, 04:19

Maybe sort the game-format cards/vanguards/conspiracies/planes at the end instead of the beginning
That would beat having to scroll through them each time. Aswan jaguar? Anyone else?
drool66
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Mar 2022, 13:57

Korath wrote: Maybe sort the game-format cards/vanguards/conspiracies/planes at the end instead of the beginning
I am also in favor of this.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 04 Mar 2022, 14:32

I'll make it configurable, just in case someone really likes the old version.

Speaking of which, Manalink.ini isn't in version control. Is it in the end-user packages? I'm not going to try to download one just to check, given how god-awful my net connection is.

I've also fixed two separate horrific performance issues in populating the list of cards, so the four- or five-second delay whenever it's regenerated (in particular, when clicking any of the filter buttons) is now pretty much instant, with correspondingly faster initial startup. That made it no longer possible to fall back on the Windows default for keyboard input to select card names, though, so expect problems with my replacement there. Still, worth it.

(Also, why's this all in this thread?)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby drool66 » 05 Mar 2022, 03:08

Speaking of which, Manalink.ini isn't in version control. Is it in the end-user packages? I'm not going to try to download one just to check, given how god-awful my net connection is.
It's in the comprehensive packages but only modified files are in the incremental folders. I attached the file from the latest patch.
(Also, why's this all in this thread?)
I asked about them because I wanted to test Vanguard hand size modifiers against Karn's abilities
Attachments
Manalink.ini.txt
(117 Bytes) Downloaded 89 times
drool66
Programmer

Re: [confirmed]Vanguard & Conspiracy cards not in deckbuilde

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 Mar 2022, 08:50

I don't know if it is just me but another issue with the deckbuilder is that if you minimize the window and then restore it the three buttons of Stats, Deck Info and Exit don't show up. They will show up only if you left click on them.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 05 Mar 2022, 19:11

drool66 wrote: attached the file from the latest patch.
Stick a "SortSpecialFirst=0" line in there then, please. Maybe a mention of the Name and Email options, too.

None of those options are documented. They could use some comments, at least; most are straightforward if you look at what they do in the source. At the very least there ought to be a statement that these are the options specifically for the deckbuilder, not what's now called "Manalink" in general. Lines starting with a semicolon should be ignored, like in duel.dat.
Aswan jaguar wrote:I don't know if it is just me but another issue with the deckbuilder is that if you minimize the window and then restore it the three buttons of Stats, Deck Info and Exit don't show up. They will show up only if you left click on them.
I can't repro that for minimize/restore, but I can for window resizing (if NoFrame is turned off). It might be because you're still on XP, and I'm not anymore. Does commit e67634bb3 in wip/deckbuilder-buttons fix your symptoms?
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 06 Mar 2022, 10:14

Korath wrote: It might be because you're still on XP, and I'm not anymore. Does commit e67634bb3 in wip/deckbuilder-buttons fix your symptoms?
It fixes the issues with Deck Info and Exit buttons but not with stats button.
I added
Code: Select all
InvalidateRect(global_button_stats_hwnd, NULL, FALSE);
in:
   MOVEWINDOW_TL_WH(global_button_stats_hwnd, rect_stats);
        MoveWindow(button_exit, rect_stats.left + 2 * rect_stats.right, rect_stats.top, rect_stats.right, rect_stats.bottom, 0);
      InvalidateRect(button_exit, NULL, FALSE);
                InvalidateRect(global_button_stats_hwnd, NULL, FALSE);

And now also stats button seems to work fine.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby drool66 » 09 Mar 2022, 19:59

I have a Manalink.ini with commentary ready to go, viz.:
[DeckBuilder]
; Options for the deckbuilder. Options for duel are in config.txt. Advanced options for card frame display are in \DuelArt\Duel.dat
; The first four options are also configurable from right click menu in deckbuilder. The rest default to 0
;
;Consolidate duplicate cards.
Consolidate=1
;Music on/off
Music=0
;Sound effects on/off
Effects=1
;Expand the rules textbox on cards to show all text
ExpandTextOnBigCard=1
;Ignore the csvid values in a deckfile, and instead attempt to match the card name
ReadByName=0
;Show all cards, even those that are not coded or enabled
ViewAll=0
;
Skin=.
;Draw windows without a sizing border; ie. if set to 1, use WS_THICKFRAME
NoFrame=0
; Order special cards (eg. Planes, Schemes, Vanguard, Conspiracy...) at the beginning of the card list, as opposed to the end
SortSpecialFirst=0
Korath, would you mind if I added Manalink.ini to version control (and removed it from .gitignore)? I'm not familiar with the build scripts so I don't know the reason it was excluded in the first place.
drool66
Programmer

Postby Korath » 11 Mar 2022, 13:11

I probably left it out because it'll be written to if you change any of the first four options in the deckbuilder. So if anyone runs the game from their build directory - not really a great idea to begin with - they'll tend to commit it accidentally.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: [fixed]Vanguard & Conspiracy cards not in deckbuilder

Postby drool66 » 12 Mar 2022, 01:35

Marking this fixed in b9e1049
drool66
Programmer

Return to Archived Reports