It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:00

Text Size

[Not Solved] + [Unfixable] Bug Archive

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[not fixed]Ghostly Touch

Postby Aswan jaguar » 06 Jun 2013, 13:57

Describe the Bug:
Ghostly Touch doesn't tap/untap enchantment.

Which card did behave improperly ?
Ghostly Touch

Which update are you using?(date,name)Which type(Duel,Gauntlet,Sealed Deck)
ML3-MAY/2013

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction ?
Tap/Untap all permanent.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug ?

SAVEGAME CORRUPTED
Last edited by stassy on 07 Jun 2013, 04:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bug non fixable
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Ghostly Touch doesn't tap enchantment.

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Jun 2013, 00:41

Well, apart from one card from Future Sight, Enchantments usually doesn't tap at all, so it's not a big deal, right ? Plus, there's no way of tap enchantments in Manalink.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: Ghostly Touch doesn't tap enchantment.

Postby stassy » 07 Jun 2013, 04:41

Pray the gods wizards doesn't hear you and make some enchantment tappable next expansions :P
stassy

Re: [confirmed]Reach of Branches + Orchard Warden

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Jun 2013, 23:23

Fixed interaction between Orchard Warden and treefolk tokens with toughness = *.
However, it's still buggy for non-token creatures...
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: [confirmed partly]Epic Proportions

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Jun 2013, 23:38

Fixed the "flash" part. For the other... Hardcoded bugs are hardcoded.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

unfixable-engine limitation]Responding to triggered effects.

Postby Aquillion » 09 Jun 2013, 06:26

Is it a known engine limitation in Manalink that you can't respond to triggered effects? I had an untapped Cunning Sparkmage out, and the AI played an Oran-Rief Survivalist; if I understand the normal rules correctly, when Oran-Rief Survivalist comes into play, its ability goes on the stack and I could respond by having my sparkmage zap it, which would kill it before it got its +1/+1 counter.

But the game didn't pause to ask me to respond with the right timing; it went straight from having the Survivalist's summoning on the stack to telling me that its ability was resolving.

I wasn't sure whether it was worth reporting it as a bug or if this is just a known limitation of the Manalink engine, so I figured I'd ask first.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 09 Jun 2013, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unfixable-engine limitation
Aquillion

Re: Responding to triggered effects.

Postby stassy » 09 Jun 2013, 07:09

Might be a limitation engine with instant/interrupt issue
stassy

Postby Korath » 09 Jun 2013, 08:21

Manalink uses fourth edition rules, except in a few cases where it's been dragged, kicking and screaming, into more modern times. The ubiquitous use of the stack started in... sixth? edition, and it's not one of those cases.

I can't find comprehensive rules from the 4E era online, and while I happen to have an Ice Age rule booklet handy, it doesn't mention triggers at all. If memory serves, though, triggered effects like the Survivalist's happened immediately with no chance to respond.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Jun 2013, 13:47

Unless we can recode the engine completely, just forgot this matter altogether ;)
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: unfixable-engine limitation]Responding to triggered effe

Postby Sonic » 09 Jun 2013, 15:24

I think the problem maybe more related to the use of counters.
The only mention of counters in the 'Pocket Players' Guide' (1994), is to say they were 'memory aids', or could be used to represented 'tokens'.

Whereas today:
121. Counters
121.1. A counter is a marker placed on an object or player that modifies its characteristics and/or interacts with a rule, ability, or effect. Counters are not objects and have no characteristics. Notably, a counter is not a token, and a token is not a counter. Counters with the same name or description are interchangeable.
121.1a A +X/+Y counter on a creature or on a creature card in a zone other than the battlefield, where X and Y are numbers, adds X to that object's power and Y to that object's toughness. Similarly, -X/-Y counters subtract from power and toughness. See rule 613.3.
121.1b The number of loyalty counters on a planeswalker on the battlefield indicates how much loyalty it has. A planeswalker with 0 loyalty is put into its owner's graveyard as a state-based action. See rule 704.
121.1c If a player has ten or more poison counters, he or she loses the game as a state-based action. See rule 704. A player is "poisoned" if he or she has one or more poison counters. (See rule 810 for additional rules for Two-Headed Giant games.)
121.2. Counters on an object are not retained if that object moves from one zone to another. The counters are not "removed"; they simply cease to exist. See rule 400.7.
121.3. If a permanent has both a +1/+1 counter and a -1/-1 counter on it, N +1/+1 and N -1/-1 counters are removed from it as a state-based action, where N is the smaller of the number of +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters on it. See rule 704.
121.4. If a permanent with an ability that says it can't have more than N counters of a certain kind on it has more than N counters of that kind on it, all but N of those counters are removed from it as a state-based action. See rule 704.
121.5. If an effect says to "move" a counter, it means to take that counter from the object it's currently on and put it onto a second object. If the first and second objects are the same object, nothing happens. If the first object has no counters, nothing happens; the second object doesn't get a counter put on it. If the second object (or any possible second objects) is no longer in the correct zone when the effect would move the counter, nothing happens; a counter isn't removed from the first object.
121.6. If a spell or ability refers to a counter being "placed" on a permanent, it means putting a counter on that permanent while it's on the battlefield, or that permanent entering the battlefield with a counter on it as the result of a replacement effect (see rule 614.1c).
So it seems it's not so much that of triggered effects or the speed of an Instant vs Interrupt, it's that the paper games mechanics concerning counters has changed so significantly since the 4th Edition, the old Microprose game has no real mechanics for the modern games use of them.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

[C cards only]Linvala, Keeper of Silence

Postby BAgate » 16 Jun 2013, 14:25

Describe the Bug:
Linvala doesn't prevent opponent from using regeneration abilities (or any abilities) of creatures.

Linvala, Keeper of Silence

PtoM

Creatures opponent controls should not be able to use activated abilities.

Any card that prevents activated abilities.
Attachments
linvala.rar
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 775 times
Last edited by stassy on 17 Jun 2013, 13:16, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: unsolvable
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

[unfixable]Windows 8 tablets compatibility?

Postby philolog65 » 16 Jun 2013, 16:07

Hi and please correct me if I'm wrong to post this question here.
Has anyone tested any version of ManaLink 3.0 on a Windows 8 tablet? I've got Microsoft Surface Pro 64GB and the game works just fine for a minute or so and then freezes. I've installed all required libraries and tried different compatibility modes, but nothing helps. That's a real pity since the game is just ideal for a tablet.
Last edited by stassy on 25 Jun 2013, 04:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bug non fixable
philolog65

Re: Linvala, Keeper of Silence

Postby Gargaroz » 17 Jun 2013, 12:29

As many cards like this, this only works on C coded cards.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: Windows 8 tablets compatibility?

Postby Gargaroz » 17 Jun 2013, 12:31

The problem is, the original programmers of Manalink used some of the Windows-structure for some messages, and this can cause huge compatability problems (I uses Win7 and Shandalar doesn't work, for example). This is unfixable until we can recode the main engine.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

[cmc fixed-others bug wait]Unearth

Postby stassy » 18 Jun 2013, 19:09

Describe the Bug:
- Unearth ability crash the game when player cancel it instead of paying the required unearth amount
- Unearth cost is different for at least tri-colored unearth creatures
- Sedris, Traitor King doesn't obey old & new Legend rule when unearthing another Sedris, Traitor King from gy

Unearth creature

PDMNv2

- Unearth ability doesn't crash the game when player cancel it instead of paying the required unearth amount
- Unearth cost is not different for at least tri-colored unearth creatures
- Sedris, Traitor King obey old & new Legend rule when unearthing another Sedris, Traitor King from gy

Fire-Field Ogre
Shambling Remains

After check, only those 2 above have their unearth cost wrong

Last edited by stassy on 19 Jun 2013, 17:52, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: bug confirmed
stassy

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Reports