It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:27

Text Size

[Not Solved] + [Unfixable] Bug Archive

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: [1st unimportant-2nd not a bug]Scapeshift

Postby Wronskian » 19 Mar 2011, 11:26

No it doesn't. What exactly should happen : the 6 six lands come into play at the same time, then the ability triggers 6 times, because every moutain sees 5 five other mountains into play. (Prismatic Omen is in play).
This is the explaination of the very famous combo Valakut-Scapeshift.

10/1/2009: If multiple Mountains enter the battlefield under your control at the same time, Valakut's second ability could trigger that many times. Each ability takes into consideration the other Mountains that entered the battlefield at the same time as the one that caused it to trigger
Wronskian

Re: [checked]Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle[not solveable]

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Mar 2011, 11:39

Wronskian can you make a different post about Valakut not entering tapped when Prismatic Omen is in there to confirm it?the interaction with Prismatic Omen is the problem.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [1st unimportant-2nd not a bug]Scapeshift

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Mar 2011, 12:11

Ok, I got it know and giving it a bug status.I don't think though it is something developers can fix,sounds uncodeable.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [confirmed]Scapeshift

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Mar 2011, 13:07

Please delete the other Scapeshift post,in the forum.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [confirmed]Scapeshift

Postby Gargaroz » 20 Mar 2011, 14:27

Now I understand what the bugs is about. Sorry, I didn't consider the "all comes into play at the same time".
This is actually unfixable, however there's a workaround : just have in play Prismatic Omen and try to have / fetch via Scapeshift 4 Valakut and then 3 other lands. Result : 24 damages for you to assign.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: [confirmed]Fastbond

Postby Gargaroz » 20 Mar 2011, 14:40

Fastbond probably functions using the original rules and thus is not "up-to-date" with the current Oracle rulings.
But I'm not going to recode this, as the correct interaction will be a really pain to reconstruct.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: [confirmed]Sculpting Steel

Postby CirothUngol » 26 Mar 2011, 00:51

One could assume that this is because Sculpting Steel is actually a copy of Copy Artifact, which has a bug making it come into play as the color of the Mox that it's copying. (e.g. a Mox Jet copied with Copy Artifact will be Black when it enters play) This bug is not present in Manalink 1.3.2, but is present in Manalink 2.0 (apparently, Mok introduced this bug ^_^)
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Lifelink issues solved

Postby Gargaroz » 29 Mar 2011, 14:20

Finally, two major issues of Lifelink are solved !

1) You WILL gain life when attacking a Planeswalker

2) Thanx to the help from Serra, you will gain the correct amount of life when attacking with a creature with Trample and Lifelink.

Enjoy !
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: Lifelink issues solved

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 Mar 2011, 17:26

In my country we have a saying for really annoying things "they are like a nasty pimple in the ass".

So,thank you greatly for removing those,you ......MANALINK DOCTORS!!!!! :lol:
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [checked] Phyrexian Crusader [not solved]

Postby Gargaroz » 30 Mar 2011, 23:50

Finally made a fix for Noble Purpose : hopefully, it would not slow the game too much ;)
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

[tested]Lich- Vampire Nighthawk,Wurmcoil Engine[not solved]

Postby HornofAmmon » 08 Apr 2011, 17:55

Describe the Bug:
During same games, Lich seems to be giving me more cards than it should. Apparently it thinks there is life gain every I play a land or spell. It was enough to get me 50 cards in my hand in one game and deck me!

Which card did behave improperly ?
Lich

Which Version did you use ?
Constructed, 4/1/11 update, during the Life is a Lich challenge.

[b]What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction ?

Should only give me cards when I actually gain life.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug ?
It may be interacting with Vampire Nighthawk. Both times I noticed Lich going crazy were right after I attacked with that creature.

Thanks, I attached a save game where Lich is going nuts. From another game, I also took a pic of Lich giving me way too many cards after I attacked with Vampire Nighthawk.
Attachments
lich nuts.JPG
lich weird.rar
(2 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 16 May 2011, 20:40, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tested not solved
HornofAmmon

Re: Lich acting very weirdly in challenge

Postby stassy » 09 Apr 2011, 04:19

I can confirm the bug, it is due to the damage card that is not resolved after Vampire Nighthawk attack so as the game constantly check for it you get a card for every step the damage card stay on the battlefield.

I was able to stop the unlimited card draw effect by removing the Vampire Nighthawk from the battlefield, so it's tied to him.
stassy

Re: Lich-

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Apr 2011, 09:59

I confirm this bug as Stassy says its a Vampire Nighthawk bug,a bug with creatures with Lifelink and Deathtouch I tested Wurmcoil Engine and it has the same problem I don't know if we have other cards like that in Manalink.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: [confirmed]Lich-probably Vampire Nighthawk,Wurmcoil Engi

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Apr 2011, 13:19

Too bad Lich is hardcoded, so I can't figure out if the bug is due to my new code for Lifelink or not. I'll investigate.
Edit : I too confirm that the problem is linked to Deathtouch. I've already improved that, but this issue remain.
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: [tested]Lich- Vampire Nighthawk,Wurmcoil Engine[not solv

Postby HornofAmmon » 09 Apr 2011, 23:01

I found the same problem occurs when I use any creature with lifelink, such as Baneslayer Angel, Spirit Link, etc., when Lich is activated. Usually I end up with 50+ cards in my hand and get decked! I hope this problem can be solved so I can use lifelink creatures in the Lich challenge, as they make sense there.
HornofAmmon

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Reports