It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:05

Text Size

[fixed/closed]Silvergill Adept no additional mana

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[fixed/closed]Silvergill Adept no additional mana

Postby Korath » 25 Jan 2017, 18:30

Describe the Bug:
Silvergill Adept doesn't charge an additional {3} when you don't have another Merfolk in your hand to reveal.

Which update are you using? (date, name)Which type? (duel, gauntlet, sealed deck)
Dev, 2bcb7b0.

What exactly should be the correct behavior/interaction?
If you don't have another Merfolk to reveal, you must pay an extra {3}. If you do, you should get the option of either choosing one to reveal or of paying the mana.

Are any other cards possibly affected by this bug?
The other four cards with this additional cost are Flamekin Bladewhirl, Goldmeadow Stalwart, Squeaking Pie Sneak, and Wren's Run Vanquisher. But they all use the same back-end function anyway.

I don't have an install handy to check, but I'd hope it was working mostly ok in release, since I claimed to have fixed it here.

(The actual bug I was trying to test is whether Sapphire Medallion properly reduces the additional cost. It doesn't look like it will even if the mana does get charged, especially if you have a Merfolk to reveal but choose to pay mana anyway.)
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 29 Apr 2018, 10:15, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed/closed in dev
Korath
DEVELOPER

Re: Silvergill Adept no additional mana

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Jan 2017, 21:35

Silvergill Adept works fine in release.I mean the bug you reported not the one you were testing (which I didn't check).
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 25 Jan 2017, 22:28

Fixed in dev.
On a side note: I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel of my massive code update, so expect some kind of release... Soon, I hope.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Korath » 25 Jan 2017, 23:07

Now it gets highlit yellow as castable even if you don't have 3 or another Merfolk, charges you the {1} {U} separately before mentioning you'll have to pay another {3} afterward that you might not have, won't let you reveal a Woodland Changeling to pay the cost, and prompts "Select a a Merfolk card.".

And no, Sapphire Medallion and other cost-reducers only get applied to the initial {1} {U}. (I seem to recall that that got fixed for buyback?)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 26 Jan 2017, 14:08

---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 29 Jan 2017, 14:22

All fixed. There was a bug in 'is_changeling' function regarding cards in hand and I added the correct identification of cost modifier.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Return to Archived Reports