It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:53

Text Size

Gameplay - visual cues

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Gameplay - visual cues

Postby Lodici » 03 Sep 2014, 17:38

I am always looking to improve visual cues during gameplay (see viewtopic.php?f=115&t=14531) and I have just committed a set of updates with a couple of additions which hopefully will help.

The first regards the player avatar that is displayed in the turn status panel. It was showing the player whose turn it was but I found that quite often I would be sitting there wondering why the AI was taking so long when it fact it was actually waiting for me to do something. So I have updated it so that the avatar changes based on the player who has priority instead.

The second update is an optional visual cue that can be enabled/disabled via a new setting in the preferences dialog and which highlights the start of a new turn by briefly displaying an overlay above the turn status panel (see screenshot).

screenshot.png
Lodici
Programmer

Re: Gameplay - visual cues

Postby jerichopumpkin » 30 Jan 2017, 08:59

I've noticed that the new Energy mechanic is implemented alright (they are counters, after all), but there is no visual cue for the player to see hoew much energy he or the AI actually have. So I was wondering if it could be possible to improve the UI to show more relevant information.
I'd like to suggest changing one of the icons in the player display (or better yet, the avatar image) to a button to enlarge a panel with those info.
What do you think?
jerichopumpkin

Re: Gameplay - visual cues

Postby Lodici » 30 Jan 2017, 12:44

Hi, thanks for your ideas. Please check out the following on-going discussion which is about just this same thing - https://github.com/magarena/magarena/issues/850.
Lodici
Programmer

Return to Development