It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:40

Text Size

Deck editor - new tabbed view.

Moderators: ubeefx, beholder, melvin, ShawnieBoy, Lodici, CCGHQ Admins

Deck editor - new tabbed view.

Postby Lodici » 24 Sep 2014, 10:11

screenshot.png

• New tabbed view for a simpler, less cluttered UI which scales down to smaller screens much better.
  • Can hide the card pool filter bar.
  • New, conveniently located vertical action bar for adding and removing cards from a deck.
  • Can specify how many copies of card to add or remove.
  • Left click a row to add the selected card to the deck.
  • Right click a row to remove the selected card from the deck.
  • As a safeguard, can only remove the last instance of a card from a deck using the minus button.
  • Total copies of a card in a deck is displayed as an overlay on the card image.
  • Any single addition or removal from a deck is recorded in the Card Recall tab.
  • New (very experimental, very limited) random deck generator can be used to create a random deck from whatever set of cards are displayed in the card pool.
  • finally for all you luddites :), you can still switch back to the old split view via a new temporary setting in the preferences dialog.
Lodici
Programmer

Re: Deck editor - new tabbed view.

Postby ShawnieBoy » 24 Sep 2014, 20:04

I like it :)

Shame I won't be using it a lot :(

I kinda need to see my deck and the card pool at the same time.

If you could make the 'old' split view use those nice sidebars/top bar... ;)
ShawnieBoy
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 25 Sep 2014, 07:30

I also like it, especially the improvements on add/remove.
In fact, I think I will be using the deck editor much more.
I'm also very curious about the new random deck generator, can't wait to try it!

Great work, man!
jerichopumpkin

Postby Lodici » 25 Sep 2014, 08:54

@ShawnieBoy: I don't plan on doing any further work on the split view. I will look at the possibility of merging the deck and card pool tabs into a single view for larger screens.

@jerichopumpkin: Thanks, a new release is imminent but if you want to try it out before then you can download the latest 1.54 build from here (Magarena-1.54.zip) (installation is exactly the same as an "official" release - in fact, they are one and the same thing for all intents and purposes).
Lodici
Programmer

Postby jerichopumpkin » 25 Sep 2014, 17:14

I'll be very happy to try it before the release, thank you!

Edit: That's really cool! I was able to put togheter an Outlast themed deck in a matter of minutes. I need to get used to the quantity of cards added/removed, but it works fine for me. The only suggestion I have is to let the cards be selected with the right click also, because a lot of times when removing cards from the deck, I right-clicked the one I intended to remove while another one was selected, and the one selected got removed...
Also it would not be bad to be able to increase/decrease the number of copies with the mouse wheel.

In any case, it's really a good work, thumbs up for you!
jerichopumpkin

Postby Lodici » 26 Sep 2014, 16:16

jerichopumpkin wrote:The only suggestion I have is to let the cards be selected with the right click also, because a lot of times when removing cards from the deck, I right-clicked the one I intended to remove while another one was selected, and the one selected got removed...
Very good point - I will look into it. Fixed

jerichopumpkin wrote:Also it would not be bad to be able to increase/decrease the number of copies with the mouse wheel.
Good idea - that will conveniently let you can do everything with the mouse that you can do with the sidebar. I will look to add this feature as well.

Thanks for the feedback.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 27 Sep 2014, 11:51

You can now specify the maximum number of colors in the random deck generator. Previously it would only ever create a deck using a single color.
Lodici
Programmer

Postby hong yie » 30 Sep 2014, 02:57

Tried on resolution 1366 x 768. the card preview on the top left still showing vertical scrollbar. i wish this scrollbar can be get rid off either by rescaling or a bit rearrangement.
the Deck tab can use right click to reduce a card to 1, but can't remove it from deck. the only way to remove a card from deck is the "-" button ?
I'm expecting something like double right click or something similar to remove a card from deck, this save a user from moving to click that "-" button. thanx for the fix so far. :)
Attachments
magarena screen_deck.png
hong yie
Programmer

Postby Lodici » 30 Sep 2014, 07:06

hong yie wrote:Tried on resolution 1366 x 768. the card preview on the top left still showing vertical scrollbar. i wish this scrollbar can be get rid off either by rescaling or a bit rearrangement.
The scroll bar is visible because there is not enough vertical space to display the card. Saying that, a size-to-fit option should be available - I will look into implementing that this month.

hong yie wrote:the Deck tab can use right click to reduce a card to 1, but can't remove it from deck. the only way to remove a card from deck is the "-" button ?
I'm expecting something like double right click or something similar to remove a card from deck, this save a user from moving to click that "-" button. thanx for the fix so far. :)
Well that was added to prevent you accidentally removing a card from the deck with an inadvertent mouse-click although it is eleviated somewhat in that you can use the recall tab to get the card back. Still, I will look into the double-click option since it is not used for anything else.

Thanks for the feedback.
Lodici
Programmer

Return to Development