It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 08:31

Text Size

MAGE Join the developers

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: MAGE Join the developers

Postby TaVSt » 13 Aug 2015, 05:42

Casual programmer here. Just submitted a pull request for Hydromorph Guardian. Can I get added to the card tracker?
TaVSt

Postby AlumiuN » 11 Oct 2015, 11:31

Hi folks - I'm unfamiliar with version control stuff; I have three cards that I've implemented today (Infiltrate, Teferi's Response and Surestrike Trident), what's the correct procedure for submitting them? I have NetBeans with Git installed, I'm just not sure what I'm actually supposed to do. :P
AlumiuN

Postby LevelX » 11 Oct 2015, 12:05

AlumiuN wrote:Hi folks - I'm unfamiliar with version control stuff; I have three cards that I've implemented today (Infiltrate, Teferi's Response and Surestrike Trident), what's the correct procedure for submitting them? I have NetBeans with Git installed, I'm just not sure what I'm actually supposed to do. :P
Create a pull request for the Master branch of the Main repository.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby AlumiuN » 11 Oct 2015, 12:17

LevelX wrote:
AlumiuN wrote:Hi folks - I'm unfamiliar with version control stuff; I have three cards that I've implemented today (Infiltrate, Teferi's Response and Surestrike Trident), what's the correct procedure for submitting them? I have NetBeans with Git installed, I'm just not sure what I'm actually supposed to do. :P
Create a pull request for the Master branch of the Main repository.
OK; how do I do that?

(I wasn't kidding when I said I'm unfamiliar with this :P)
AlumiuN

Postby LevelX » 11 Oct 2015, 14:59

LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby AlumiuN » 12 Oct 2015, 00:14

OK; I've made a fork, but I have a cloned copy of the magefree repository as per the instructions for setting up Netbeans on the Developer Getting Started page - how do I tell Git that I want to make changes to my fork rather than the main repository?
AlumiuN

Postby AlumiuN » 13 Oct 2015, 04:44

Never mind, I think I figured it out. :)
AlumiuN

Postby Fiorden » 18 Nov 2015, 10:10

Hello,

I'd also like to join the developers, junior java coder here.
Can you add me to the "Card Tracking Tool"?
I've allso found some bugs and fixed them on my local repository, then tested it. How to push them?
Fiorden

Postby LevelX » 18 Nov 2015, 10:53

Fiorden wrote:Hello,

I'd also like to join the developers, junior java coder here.
Can you add me to the "Card Tracking Tool"?
I've allso found some bugs and fixed them on my local repository, then tested it. How to push them?
To push the fixes you need to create a pull request to the main repository.
https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests/
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby MarcoMarin » 21 Mar 2016, 18:38

Hello everybody, new dev here! I'll focus on card coding and leave the program itself to the Java experts :)

The good news is that I'll pick up right from the very first sets (which according to the Card Tracking site are the least complete) and mow through them all until we have the complete collection! \o/

Well, at least until Alliances. That's because a friend and I decided to replay the time when we played IRL, which was the "Golden Age" of Magic. Maybe we'll keep playing after we get there but, perhaps this at least free you up to focus on Mirage onwards, which is also around the least complete sets.

I got Netbeans working and everything (finally! it took a while and I thought it would not work*) but a few problems still stop me from helping:

-- How do I update my local copy with the latest GIT updates? Checkout Revision, Rebase or Fetch from Upstream?

The problem is Running the Server. It says the card Basal Thrull had invalid stuff there, maybe someone was messing with it when I first cloned the project.. Shouldn't there be a testing ground before committing to master? :)

So I'm stuck here. (the client works though, but the 1st run didn't had any sets on the drop box of the deck editor, a restart fixed it)

Regards,
Marco.

*PS: Here are some Netbeans problems I ran into:

The memory thing described in the instructions seemed to happen even though my system is not Java64bits (well, the processor is 64 but the OS isn't, also I'm still on Windows XP which means my java version can only go up to 7). The parameters didn't seem to help either but after Netbeans got past its hiccups and I closed everything else, it went finally through.

About the hiccups, it seems kinda slow and it kept "scanning for projects" stuck at 88% and bogging the CPU at 100%.. Good thing is after filling a bug report (right from the program) it seems a lot of people also complained about this, it took hours(!) but it got to 100% and it doesnt get stuck anymore after the IDE restarts.
MarcoMarin

Postby MarcoMarin » 22 Mar 2016, 01:31

Help!

I noticed my problem was the same as another person here (on page 1, but the card name is different). So I followed LevelX's idea of "clean and build".

But now it always says: (when compiling Sets)
Code: Select all
The system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
I snatched another 2GB from an (even)older machine here (tho 32bit systems are capped at ~3.5GB). Still the same problem which means the parameter: "Env.MAVEN_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m", probably isn't enough..

I added: "Env.MAVEN_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m"

Still nothing. Any ideas? Should I try intelliJ, tho how do I integrate Git with it?
MarcoMarin

Postby MarcoMarin » 22 Mar 2016, 02:27

Update: I tried compiling only Sets and it worked but Mage Root doesn't. At the end it says Final Memory: 85M/247M, while doing only Sets it says Final Memory: 91M/989M

So it seems the memory options are not taking effect going from Root. I added the parameters to Root too, but same result. (I removed my last addition of MaxPermSize, it wasn't working)

Any ideas?
MarcoMarin

Postby MarcoMarin » 22 Mar 2016, 03:06

Heh.. it works! \o/

The trick is to build Sets separately after clean Root, only then build Root. At least until someone figures how it can benefit from the extra memory too.

Curious, when I launch a server from the launcher it didn't ask to register users (as it should I guess).

btw, even Tests passed flawlessly. :) Which means the Updater and Stats Web Service finally got a chance to compile. :D

Alright, now to figure how to code new spells in. I guess an account on the tracker would be in order so we don't waste effort? See you soon.
MarcoMarin

Postby LevelX » 22 Mar 2016, 15:48

MarcoMarin wrote:Update: I tried compiling only Sets and it worked but Mage Root doesn't. At the end it says Final Memory: 85M/247M, while doing only Sets it says Final Memory: 91M/989M

So it seems the memory options are not taking effect going from Root. I added the parameters to Root too, but same result. (I removed my last addition of MaxPermSize, it wasn't working)

Any ideas?
Welcome to the Xmage developers, we always need people help us with the project.
Concerning your build problems check if your settings are like the ones shown in my attached screenshot.
SetProperties.jpg

I'm also using 32bit Windows XP on one system to build the project and it does work with this settings (not fast but it works).
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 22 Mar 2016, 15:52

MarcoMarin wrote:Curious, when I launch a server from the launcher it didn't ask to register users (as it should I guess).
Authentification is by default deactivated in the config.xml of the server.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Developers Talk