It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 01:17

Text Size

MAGE Join the developers

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: MAGE Join the developers

Postby MarcoMarin » 07 Apr 2016, 23:42

Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow.. Now I'm kinda afraid to lose all the work 8-[

I guess I'll just copy the whole Sets dir, then copy over later (I don't think windows makes it any easier to say "no to all" replacements, that would help, but well..)
MarcoMarin

Postby escplan9 » 08 Apr 2016, 00:44

MarcoMarin wrote:Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow.. Now I'm kinda afraid to lose all the work 8-[

I guess I'll just copy the whole Sets dir, then copy over later (I don't think windows makes it any easier to say "no to all" replacements, that would help, but well..)
Make sure you copy the files you changed to a folder outside of where your git repository is locally. For instance if it is under c:/user/documents/NetBeansProjects/mage, move those files somewhere like c:\mytempfiles instead so they don't get clobbered by blowing up the repository.

It'll be a little pain getting everything set back up the way you want again at first, but then you're good for everything you want to do going forward and it'll be simple from there. Hopefully. Usually. :)

Feel free to ask if you need more assistance somewhere. I had to do some googling of my own to get it working right for me. As you can tell from my recommendation to just blow up your repository and start over, I'm not even that good lol

We appreciate all your contributions and hope to get them up on XMage soon.
escplan9

Postby escplan9 » 08 Apr 2016, 14:18

Marco - you're really close to getting it all setup right. However, you accidentally forked MY git repository instead of XMage's! https://github.com/magefree/mage

So close... just need to fix that up and we'll get those cards in for ya.
escplan9

Postby MarcoMarin » 08 Apr 2016, 14:26

I think it worked. [-o<

First I changed the repositories config to the new, now forked, repo (mage-1.git). Then tried a rebase which didn't seem to do much, nor a fetch later. Then I went to Netbeans repo config and right clicked on the "origin" (which at least had already picked up the new config change) and, since the fetch didn't seem to avail to anything, tried the pull.

It then asked for either a rebase or merge, and since I think a history here may be important to revert if something went wrong (AFAIK that's the major, if not only difference between the 2), I once again tried the rebase. Now it did seem to work, as I saw the latest commit from the official xMage repo. =D>

Looking good on the "Show outgoing" menu, it displays every single commit I've made ever since Sindbad. Trying to push, a strange new branch appeared (tags/xMage_version -> same_name[A]), but since I worry only for the master branch, ignored. Never mind the meta-revert there, I once tried to amend only the message and it didn't seem to work as I expected. What matter is: IT WORKS! \o/ Didn't even need to delete anything. (still saving the backup for a while tho :wink:). Did a Pull Request as well! Tell me if everything is alright. : )

And get ready for another large one the next couple days, ~26 cards completing the feasible from Antiquities. :twisted:
MarcoMarin

Postby MarcoMarin » 08 Apr 2016, 14:29

How that even happen, I followed escplan9's link.. lol Repeating the process.. brb

Update: Now it forked the right one. With the caveat that Github used the same name for the repo, let's see if this won't confuse Netbeans. :lol:

Update 2: Done. 8)
MarcoMarin

Postby escplan9 » 08 Apr 2016, 15:50

Awesome! Thanks for all your work! Merged it into the default branch. For any further help on card implementation you may need, there is a separate card implementation thread.
escplan9

Postby escplan9 » 09 Apr 2016, 07:57

Marco, now that you have implemented some cards, try to check in on the Bug Report thread (viewtopic.php?f=70&t=18463) once in a while. Someone reported a Null Pointer Exception with Ghazban Ogre for instance. I created an issue in Github about it. I could take care of it, but I'll let you fix it up for good practice:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/issues/1828

Looks like LevelX beat you to it. Still worthwhile to see what he did to resolve it:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/commit ... 415fcd72db
escplan9

Postby MarcoMarin » 09 Apr 2016, 17:12

8) ATQ est kaput! 8)

26 unique cards, 66 total; bringing it from 63,53% to 94.12%.

All that remains are the currently "unimplementable" cards (antes, banding, and cards that need to probe the game history BEFORE they even come into play, so can't use watchers).

More about it in the huge amount of notes I produced whilst going through them. Posting it on the card implementation thread: :)

viewtopic.php?p=195265#p195265

:?: I'm having trouble trying to Fetch/Pull from Upstream within Netbeans. I try the "from Upstream option" but it insists on getting it from the origin repo. Config file seems right, has the official repo under "Upstream". Any suggestions? My repo is 24 commits behind. =/ Should I do it from the GitHub page?

escplan9 wrote:Marco, now that you have implemented some cards, try to check in on the Bug Report thread
thanks, I see what happened.. gotta add a whole lot of checks, although that last one seems a bit overkill :) A player will always tie with itself.. Although the bug was probably on that direct set of the "controllerId", instead of calling an already tested effect that does this for me. (hard to tell now)[Thanks LevelX! =D> ]

btw, do "PlayersInRange" also return the calling player?

Anyways, I'll subscribe to that thread, thanks :)

Oh, regarding debugging, I was going to mention to Dr.Weird that for hairy rules testing, it would be nice to have a way to set up a game situation without having to go through a whole game (and risking not getting to it due to probability). Eventually this could even evolve into automated testing, although it would already speed things up a lot just to have a table we could add any cards anywhere and "resume play" to see how the game behaves. (maybe a cheat mode?)

Fallen Empires, here I come. :evil:
MarcoMarin

Postby escplan9 » 10 Apr 2016, 23:14

MarcoMarin wrote:I'm having trouble trying to Fetch/Pull from Upstream within Netbeans. I try the "from Upstream option" but it insists on getting it from the origin repo. Config file seems right, has the official repo under "Upstream". Any suggestions? My repo is 24 commits behind. =/ Should I do it from the GitHub page?
As mentioned before, I am unfamiliar with using the NetBeans IDE for managing the repository. Perhaps start a separate thread if you need more help there, or do some googling on it. I mentioned how to configure your setup, verify it via command line, and the commands to use here (most people prefer some form of command line for using git):
viewtopic.php?p=194234#p194234

Do you run into any issues when you check via command line there?
escplan9

Postby escplan9 » 10 Apr 2016, 23:18

MarcoMarin wrote:Oh, regarding debugging, I was going to mention to Dr.Weird that for hairy rules testing, it would be nice to have a way to set up a game situation without having to go through a whole game (and risking not getting to it due to probability). Eventually this could even evolve into automated testing, although it would already speed things up a lot just to have a table we could add any cards anywhere and "resume play" to see how the game behaves. (maybe a cheat mode?)
As mentioned in the GitHub comments, re-read the Developer Getting Started Guide (https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/D ... ng-Started), especially the part on Developer testing: https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/D ... ting-Tools

There is a project you'll see in NetBeans, Mage.Tests. Look in the Test Packages there at a few cards and you should see how to setup automated tests of your own. There also already is the option to have a "cheat" deck that starts you with certain cards in your hand, graveyard, or battlefield - for manual testing purposes.
escplan9

Postby MarcoMarin » 10 Apr 2016, 23:25

escplan9 wrote:via command line, and the commands to use here (most people prefer some form of command line for using git):
viewtopic.php?p=194234#p194234

Do you run into any issues when you check via command line there?
Thanks, escplan9. I'll try to 'migrate' to the CLI in the next couple days. This will probably be way better yes.
MarcoMarin

Postby MarcoMarin » 11 Apr 2016, 20:34

Is there a way to have git detect all added/changed files automatically? Adding all files generated from gen-cards.pl manually would be madness. :)

However, Netbeans finally threw its final tantrum regarding Git, it's not even possible to use it anymore from it. (apparently a rebase/merge was interrupted and now it's confused, also I was already migrating to the CLI so it was already confused about the differences).

Edit: Should I use: "git ls-files -m" ?

Update: I'll try going with "git add ." then "git add -u". Still open to suggestions..
MarcoMarin

Postby NekuMeiji » 08 Jun 2016, 16:07

Hi, interested in adding more cards, is it possible to be added to the card tracking tool?
NekuMeiji

Postby LevelX » 10 Jun 2016, 09:45

NekuMeiji wrote:Hi, interested in adding more cards, is it possible to be added to the card tracking tool?
Sure, which name do you use in github?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby mjpirez » 15 Jun 2016, 18:34

Hey!

Downloaded the project and I think I managed to program one card [Overabundance]. I'm looking forward to help.

One question though.

The tooltip rule has to match the oracle's text exactly or it can be different if it works the same?

Overabundance text:

Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced, and Overabundance deals 1 damage to him or her.

What I managed to generate:

Whenever a player taps a land for mana, that player adds one mana to his or her mana pool of any type that land produced.
Whenever a player taps a land for mana, Overabundance deals 1 damage do him or her. The damage can't be prevented.

----------
Thanks!
mjpirez

PreviousNext

Return to Developers Talk