It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:19

Text Size

MAGE Join the developers

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: MAGE Join the developers

Postby Doctor Weird » 15 Jun 2016, 19:04

mjpirez wrote:Whenever a player taps a land for mana, Overabundance deals 1 damage do him or her. The damage can't be prevented.
If that is how you actually coded the card to work, to make the damage non-preventable, then you need to change that, because Overabundance does not say the damage can't be prevented.
Doctor Weird

Postby mjpirez » 15 Jun 2016, 21:21

You're right.

I've got confused with this text:

10/4/2004: This card's ability is a mana ability. There is no chance to respond to it in order to prevent the damage. If you want to prevent the damage, you need to use a prevention spell or ability prior to tapping the land for mana.

I'll try again... thanks!
mjpirez

Postby MTGfan » 25 Oct 2016, 03:47

I just signed up for the forum to get help with contributing cards. I got everything up and running but for some reason it doesn't let me commit changes with error message not authorized. I didn't see any instructions anywhere on having to do anything other than install the tools needed, clone and start coding the stuff you want to contribute. What do I need to do so that I can push my contributions? Thanks
MTGfan

Postby LevelX » 25 Oct 2016, 15:09

MTGfan wrote:I just signed up for the forum to get help with contributing cards. I got everything up and running but for some reason it doesn't let me commit changes with error message not authorized. I didn't see any instructions anywhere on having to do anything other than install the tools needed, clone and start coding the stuff you want to contribute. What do I need to do so that I can push my contributions? Thanks
You have to create pull requests, that we can check and merge to the main repository.
https://help.github.com/articles/about-pull-requests/
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby MTGfan » 25 Oct 2016, 22:43

LevelX wrote:
MTGfan wrote:I just signed up for the forum to get help with contributing cards. I got everything up and running but for some reason it doesn't let me commit changes with error message not authorized. I didn't see any instructions anywhere on having to do anything other than install the tools needed, clone and start coding the stuff you want to contribute. What do I need to do so that I can push my contributions? Thanks
You have to create pull requests, that we can check and merge to the main repository.
Based on what I am reading I need to be able to submit my changes to make the pull request. But since the changes are stuck on my PC I have no idea how to get them to where they are supposed to go so that I can make the pull request. I have never used git before. All my development experience is with in person communication and coding in the same room/building as everyone else working on the code.
MTGfan

Postby escplan9 » 30 Oct 2016, 10:10

MTGfan wrote:
LevelX wrote:
Based on what I am reading I need to be able to submit my changes to make the pull request. But since the changes are stuck on my PC I have no idea how to get them to where they are supposed to go so that I can make the pull request. I have never used git before. All my development experience is with in person communication and coding in the same room/building as everyone else working on the code.
Learning Git is very valuable. The XMage Developer Getting Started guide details most of what you should need to know:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/D ... ng-Started

You will commit and push the changes to your local repository. Then when that is done, the easiest way to submit a pull request is to go to the URL of your local repository on github. Should be github.com/yourGitHubUsername . You should have the magefree repository forked ( see here for steps to fork a repository: https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/ ). On your own github, there should be a button for Create Pull Request ( see https://help.github.com/articles/creati ... l-request/ ). Google around first if you get stuck, but if you're still struggling let us know. We also have a Gitter channel for XMage developers to help as needed.
escplan9

Postby MTGfan » 30 Oct 2016, 23:29

escplan9 wrote:Learning Git is very valuable. The XMage Developer Getting Started guide details most of what you should need to know:
<URL snipped>

You will commit and push the changes to your local repository. Then when that is done, the easiest way to submit a pull request is to go to the URL of your local repository on github. Should be <URL snipped> . You should have the magefree repository forked ( see here for steps to fork a repository: <URL snipped> ). On your own github, there should be a button for Create Pull Request ( see <URL snipped> ). Google around first if you get stuck, but if you're still struggling let us know. We also have a Gitter channel for XMage developers to help as needed.
Ah this is the part I was missing. I read all the info linked to from the xmage pages but there was no info regarding how to get the changes from your PC onto the site. Doing my own search resulted in using push to commit it to the repository which lead me to my original result of access denied. I believe with what you have said I know exactly how to proceed. I assume once I have a fork I won't need to keep repeating that process each time I have another card to add?
MTGfan

Postby MTGfan » 31 Oct 2016, 01:38

MTGfan wrote:I believe with what you have said I know exactly how to proceed. I assume once I have a fork I won't need to keep repeating that process each time I have another card to add?
I appear to be having an issue in netbeans with push trying to use the wrong URL as user@github etc rather than github . com / user / mage.git. I ended up using the command line to correct the URL and them used the command line to push. Not that I'm opposed to using the command line but would prefer to use the commands from within netbeans. I assume there is some place in netbeans, I am not finding the info when google searching, that corrects this error in the URL to push the changes.
MTGfan

Postby escplan9 » 31 Oct 2016, 11:26

I only have experience using the command line for Git usage and did the same thing for correcting the local and remote URLs there. You can type in "git gui" from the command line for a minimal UI that's easy for the staging, commits and pushes. Beyond that I just stick with the command line. Glad to hear you're up and running now!
escplan9

Postby DimitarK » 20 Dec 2016, 17:10

Hello xmage dev!

I recently decided I want to participate and contribute to this great project so I've followed the Getting Started guide and I'm well on my way to implementing my first card. In fact I think I have completed the code for it(I found an easy one; Ogre Leadfoot) but I'm struggling test my code besides other things.

I noticed that in the deck editor whenever I hover over Ogre Leadfoot I only get his vanilla stats(3/3) and no rules text unlike other cards with rules text. I've also tried to change the toughness inside its class and delete MageServer .db files + force update from client but the stats are still displayed as 3/3. I'm wondering if the server/client are getting the information about the card from elsewhere(as opposed to the class added by the Perl script), especially since looking at other cards the rules text is not part of the code anywhere(besides as a comment). How do i fix this?

Finally, I was wondering if I could be added to the Card Implemented Tracking Tool.
DimitarK

Postby LevelX » 21 Dec 2016, 14:43

DimitarK wrote:Hello xmage dev!

I recently decided I want to participate and contribute to this great project so I've followed the Getting Started guide and I'm well on my way to implementing my first card. In fact I think I have completed the code for it(I found an easy one; Ogre Leadfoot) but I'm struggling test my code besides other things.

I noticed that in the deck editor whenever I hover over Ogre Leadfoot I only get his vanilla stats(3/3) and no rules text unlike other cards with rules text. I've also tried to change the toughness inside its class and delete MageServer .db files + force update from client but the stats are still displayed as 3/3. I'm wondering if the server/client are getting the information about the card from elsewhere(as opposed to the class added by the Perl script), especially since looking at other cards the rules text is not part of the code anywhere(besides as a comment). How do i fix this?
Delete the server + client cards.db files to get the tooltip text updated. Force update does only add missing cards If I remember right.

Also mentioned in wiki:
https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/D ... ting-Tools
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby earnshaw1943 » 18 Apr 2017, 11:15

Hi

Very new to this, in fact I can't get the project (Mage Root) and it's dependencies to compile (see the error below). I have just installed NetBeans 8.2 and my Java version is 1.8.0_121. I have, to my mind, followed the installation instructions to the letter and increased the memory as and where necessary but I still get the error below. Can anyone help?

Code: Select all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Building Mage Sets 1.4.22

The system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

COMPILATION ERROR :

An unknown compilation problem occurred
1 error

Reactor Summary:

Mage Root ......................................... SUCCESS [0.213s]
Mage Framework .................................... SUCCESS [14.352s]
Mage Common Classes ............................... SUCCESS [1.270s]
Mage Sets ......................................... FAILURE [1:49.411s]
Mage Server Plugins ............................... SKIPPED
Mage Player AI .................................... SKIPPED
Mage Deck Constructed ............................. SKIPPED
Mage Deck Limited ................................. SKIPPED
Mage Game Commander Two Player .................... SKIPPED
Mage Game Commander Free For All .................. SKIPPED
Mage Game Free For All ............................ SKIPPED
Mage Game Two Player .............................. SKIPPED
Mage Player Human ................................. SKIPPED
Mage Player AI Minimax ............................ SKIPPED
Mage Player AI.MA ................................. SKIPPED
Mage Tournament Booster Draft ..................... SKIPPED
Mage Tournament Sealed ............................ SKIPPED
Mage Tournament Constructed ....................... SKIPPED
Mage Player AI.DraftBot ........................... SKIPPED
Mage Game Tiny Leaders Two Player ................. SKIPPED
Mage Game Canadian Highlander Two Player .......... SKIPPED
Mage Game Momir Basic Two Player .................. SKIPPED
Mage Server ....................................... SKIPPED
Mage Plugins ...................................... SKIPPED
Mage Counter Plugin ............................... SKIPPED
Mage Client ....................................... SKIPPED
Mage Player AI MCTS ............................... SKIPPED
Mage Server Console ............................... SKIPPED
Mage Tests ........................................ SKIPPED
Mage Updater ...................................... SKIPPED
XMage Stats Web Service ........................... SKIPPED
Mage Verify ....................................... SKIPPED
BUILD FAILURE
Total time: 2:05.776s
Finished at: Tue Apr 18 10:42:40 BST 2017
Final Memory: 26M/247M
Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project mage-sets: Compilation failure
An unknown compilation problem occurred
-> [Help 1]

To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
  mvn <goals> -rf :mage-sets
earnshaw1943

Postby LevelX » 18 Apr 2017, 12:52

earnshaw1943 wrote:Hi

Very new to this, in fact I can't get the project (Mage Root) and it's dependencies to compile (see the error below). I have just installed NetBeans 8.2 and my Java version is 1.8.0_121. I have, to my mind, followed the installation instructions to the letter and increased the memory as and where necessary but I still get the error below. Can anyone help?

Code: Select all
Building Mage Sets 1.4.22

The system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Look to the link to point 4. and set the Env.MAVEN_OPTS to 2 GB or so in Netbeans, otherwise the build will fail.
https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/D ... ng-Started

Maven.jpg
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby earnshaw1943 » 18 Apr 2017, 13:10

Increased to 3gb for both Build and Clean and Build Project. Still runs out of memory. So frustrating.
earnshaw1943

Postby LevelX » 19 Apr 2017, 08:52

earnshaw1943 wrote:Increased to 3gb for both Build and Clean and Build Project. Still runs out of memory. So frustrating.
Did you deactivate the "Compile on save" option in the Compile preferences (best on all projects)?
This does often cause problems if activated.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Developers Talk