It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:07

Text Size

Gatherer updated: Crawler doesn't work anymore

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Gatherer updated: Crawler doesn't work anymore

Postby LevelX » 15 Jun 2014, 13:10

The WOTC Gatherer card database site was updated recently.

North are you able to check and update if possible the Gatherer Crawler to work with the new Gatherer?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Gatherer updated: Crawler doesn't work anymore

Postby North » 16 Jun 2014, 18:44

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to get it done as soon as possible.
North
DEVELOPER

Postby North » 17 Jun 2014, 07:50

They only changed the CSS (styling of the pages). This change has no impact on the crawler itself. I did test it and it worked just fine.
North
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 19 Jun 2014, 10:17

Maybe it's a edition specific problem.

At least if I set only one expansion with
Code: Select all
sets.add("Magic: The Gathering—Conspiracy");
I only get one card of Conspiracy in the output files.

If I go for all sets I get the following error message after a while:
Code: Select all
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=checklist&set=|["Alara+Reborn"]|["Alliances"]|["Antiquities"]|["Apocalypse"]|["Arabian+Nights"]|["Archenemy"]|["Avacyn+Restored"]|["Battle+Royale+Box+Set"]|["Beatdown+Box+Set"]|["Betrayers+of+Kamigawa"]|["Born+of+the+Gods"]|["Champions+of+Kamigawa"]|["Chronicles"]|["Classic+Sixth+Edition"]|["Coldsnap"]|["Commander+2013+Edition"]|["Commander's+Arsenal"]|["Conflux"]|["Dark+Ascension"]|["Darksteel"]
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=checklist&set=|["Dissension"]|["Dragon's+Maze"]|["Duel+Decks:+Ajani+vs.+Nicol+Bolas"]|["Duel+Decks:+Divine+vs.+Demonic"]|["Duel+Decks:+Elspeth+vs.+Tezzeret"]|["Duel+Decks:+Elves+vs.+Goblins"]|["Duel+Decks:+Garruk+vs.+Liliana"]|["Duel+Decks:+Heroes+vs.+Monsters"]|["Duel+Decks:+Izzet+vs.+Golgari"]|["Duel+Decks:+Jace+vs.+Chandra"]|["Duel+Decks:+Jace+vs.+Vraska"]|["Duel+Decks:+Knights+vs.+Dragons"]|["Duel+Decks:+Phyrexia+vs.+the+Coalition"]|["Duel+Decks:+Sorin+vs.+Tibalt"]|["Duel+Decks:+Venser+vs.+Koth"]|["Eighth+Edition"]|["Eventide"]|["Exodus"]|["Fallen+Empires"]|["Fifth+Dawn"]
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=checklist&set=|["Fifth+Edition"]|["Fourth+Edition"]|["From+the+Vault:+Dragons"]|["From+the+Vault:+Exiled"]|["From+the+Vault:+Legends"]|["From+the+Vault:+Realms"]|["From+the+Vault:+Relics"]|["From+the+Vault:+Twenty"]|["Future+Sight"]|["Gatecrash"]|["Guildpact"]|["Homelands"]|["Ice+Age"]|["Innistrad"]|["Invasion"]|["Journey+into+Nyx"]|["Judgment"]|["Legends"]|["Legions"]|["Limited+Edition+Alpha"]
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=checklist&set=|["Limited+Edition+Beta"]|["Lorwyn"]|["Magic+2010"]|["Magic+2011"]|["Magic+2012"]|["Magic+2013"]|["Magic+2014+Core+Set"]|["Magic:+The+Gathering-Commander"]|["Magic:+The+Gathering—Conspiracy"]|["Masters+Edition"]|["Masters+Edition+II"]|["Masters+Edition+III"]|["Masters+Edition+IV"]|["Mercadian+Masques"]|["Mirage"]|["Mirrodin"]|["Mirrodin+Besieged"]|["Modern+Event+Deck+2014"]|["Modern+Masters"]|["Morningtide"]
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=checklist&set=|["Nemesis"]|["New+Phyrexia"]|["Ninth+Edition"]|["Odyssey"]|["Onslaught"]|["Planar+Chaos"]|["Planechase"]|["Planechase+2012+Edition"]|["Planeshift"]|["Portal"]|["Portal+Second+Age"]|["Portal+Three+Kingdoms"]|["Premium+Deck+Series:+Fire+and+Lightning"]|["Premium+Deck+Series:+Graveborn"]|["Premium+Deck+Series:+Slivers"]|["Promo+set+for+Gatherer"]|["Prophecy"]|["Ravnica:+City+of+Guilds"]|["Return+to+Ravnica"]|["Revised+Edition"]
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=checklist&set=|["Rise+of+the+Eldrazi"]|["Saviors+of+Kamigawa"]|["Scars+of+Mirrodin"]|["Scourge"]|["Seventh+Edition"]|["Shadowmoor"]|["Shards+of+Alara"]|["Starter+1999"]|["Starter+2000"]|["Stronghold"]|["Tempest"]|["Tenth+Edition"]|["The+Dark"]|["Theros"]|["Time+Spiral"]|["Time+Spiral+"Timeshifted""]|["Torment"]|["Unlimited+Edition"]|["Urza's+Destiny"]|["Urza's+Legacy"]
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&output=checklist&set=|["Urza's+Saga"]|["Vanguard"]|["Vintage+Masters"]|["Visions"]|["Weatherlight"]|["Worldwake"]|["Zendikar"]
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.util.NoSuchElementException
   at java.util.AbstractQueue.remove(AbstractQueue.java:117)
   at north.gatherercrawler.util.ParseQueue.remove(ParseQueue.java:23)
   at north.gatherercrawler.CardParser.run(CardParser.java:237)
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby North » 23 Jun 2014, 08:09

Last week I ran this over all the sets and it seemed to work.

On Friday I was having trouble getting the Conspiracy cards too but when I tried to fix it today it worked just fine. Who knows what the problem was. If it does misbehave again please let me know.
North
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 23 Jun 2014, 11:35

Sorry, but I still have problems.

Other sets than conspiracy seem to work. But Conspiracy does not.
I suppose it has to do with the set name of consipracy in the Gatherer.
Magic: The Gathering-Conspiracy
It has a long dash in the name.
If I execute the created url from the browser it works. The list of conspiracy cards is shown.
But if I debug Gatherer Crawler and show the returned doc given back with the same url, the document contains no card information.
I guess the long dash char gets somehow wrong by character set conversion.

EDIT: I got it to work by using
sets.add("Magic:+The+Gathering%E2%80%94Conspiracy");
as set name.

EDIT2:
But getting only 197 of 210 cards. The 13 missing cards are the cards with the new card type "Conspiracy". But I'm not sure if this is a bug of Gatherer or the Gatherer Crawler. The cards are available in Gatherer by name search. However if I search in Gatherer with the card type = "Conspiracy", I get an empty list.

PS:
Is there something to change/add in the card tracker to add "Conspiracy" cards?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby North » 23 Jun 2014, 15:34

I took a look and there seems to be no limitation on what type a card can be. You can go ahead and add them as normal.
North
DEVELOPER

Return to Developers Talk