It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:42

Text Size

AI vs AI?

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

AI vs AI?

Postby LonelyCat » 14 Aug 2014, 00:02

Is it possible to make the AI play itself? If not how hard would this be to implement (I can probably do it depending on complexity).
LonelyCat

Re: AI vs AI?

Postby LevelX » 14 Aug 2014, 06:47

LonelyCat wrote:Is it possible to make the AI play itself? If not how hard would this be to implement (I can probably do it depending on complexity).
The AI can and does already play against itself.
For limited you can do it easily. Create a tournament with you and two (or more) AIs and leave the tournament in draft or construct phase. Than you can watch the AIs playing against each other.

For constructed it wouldn't be too complex, but need some fundamental work in start game handling of UI and server.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LonelyCat » 14 Aug 2014, 11:59

Yeah I had a look at it and hacked together the UI change, but I think actually starting the game is a problem. The Match list shows the matches as being between myself and computer (presumably because I created the lobby) and gets stuck on "Waiting to Start", probably because neither AI can press the start game button. The change I made otherwise still makes it playable Human vs AI - is there a developer area for discussions/questions (or javadoc for the project?).
LonelyCat

Postby LevelX » 14 Aug 2014, 13:07

LonelyCat wrote:Yeah I had a look at it and hacked together the UI change, but I think actually starting the game is a problem. The Match list shows the matches as being between myself and computer (presumably because I created the lobby) and gets stuck on "Waiting to Start", probably because neither AI can press the start game button. The change I made otherwise still makes it playable Human vs AI - is there a developer area for discussions/questions (or javadoc for the project?).
Hey, thanks for your interest in the XMage project. Had a quick look of server logic and I didn't see any serious problem with adding that feature. Should be quite easy get it to work.

Human vs AI did work already so I'm not sure what you mean with making that playable.

You can do a pull request on github with your changes so I can take a look at it and if needed add the missing changes to table list and server logic.

Developer discussions can be done here in the Developers Talk subboard (I moved your thread to) or in github if it's related to an issues added there.

A special javadoc for the project does not exist.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LonelyCat » 14 Aug 2014, 14:17

I just meant as in the change I made to the new game UI didn't break that more than anything.

Am doing the pull request now - the changes are simply changing player1Panel in NewTableDialog to be a TablePlayerPanel instead (allowing selection of UI), plus the addition of some getters/setters in TablePlayerPanel. Its possible I've missed something really obvious though.

Sorry - I didn't see the developers talk forum, my bad :)

Edit: Just realised I downloaded the git without setting up username/password :/. Is there a way to add that once I've downloaded the repository? If not do my pull requests happen?
Edit 2: New to Git - I cloned the repo and didn't Fork it either - will try to fix it all and sort this out so I can do the request.
LonelyCat

Return to Developers Talk