It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:41

Text Size

[KTK] Handling of new term "one or more cards"

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

[KTK] Handling of new term "one or more cards"

Postby LevelX » 04 Sep 2014, 17:19

KTK has currently two cards that use a new term:

Creature - Cat Demon

Whenever one or more cards are put into exile from your graveyard, put that many +1/+1 counters on Rakshasa Vizier.

Legendary Creature - Naga Shaman
Whenever Sidisi, Brood Tyrant enters the battlefield or attacks, put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard.
Whenever one or more creature cards are put into your graveyard from your library, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.

Problem here I see is that we currently handle all card moves as single "actions". So I'm not sure how to handle this trigger correctly.
The first card will probably end with the correct amount of counters but the second one would lead to a Zombie per card instead of a Zombie per resolved effect.

Ideas or suggestions welcome.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: [KTK] Handling of new term "one or more cards"

Postby emerald000 » 05 Sep 2014, 20:17

While the end result for Rakshasa Vizier would normally be the same, it would create many triggers instead of a single one. So you couldn't counter the ability with a single Stifle.

I think we should wait for the Comprehensive Rules/FAQ update before implementing this one, as it is not clear to me what should and should not be a single trigger.

I would think the most robust way to implement this would be write a cards.movetoX(), which fires off a new GameEvent. That would require rewrite a LOT of things which is far from being great. There might be an alternative of only checking the trigger between game events (CR update needed for specific definition). If it triggers again in the same event, instead cancel the new trigger and update the value of the old one.
emerald000

Return to Developers Talk