It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:29

Text Size

Build issues

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Build issues

Postby mnapoleon » 26 Feb 2015, 23:29

I've been attempting to get my development environment setup and I've had issues both with completing a maven build via the command line and starting the server via my IDE.

For maven I've been running into out of memory issues with the Two player test in Mage.Tests module. I've increased my min and max heap sizes in MAVEN_OPTS. Is there somewhere else I should be increasing this.

The IDE issue is in IntelliJ when I attempt to start the server. Intellji seems to blow out it's memory when loading the card classes there. Still looking into that one so I don't have a ton of information yet.
mnapoleon

Re: Build issues

Postby LevelX » 27 Feb 2015, 00:13

Can't say much of help if you're using IntelliJ.

I guess you are aware of the https://github.com/magefree/mage/wiki/D ... ng-Started page.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports xmage 1.4.2

Postby LoneFox » 23 Jul 2015, 15:16

Build broken:
Code: Select all
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:compile (default-compile) on project mage: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /home/xmage/xmage-src/Mage/src/mage/abilities/costs/OptionalAdditionalCostImpl.java:[38,8] mage.abilities.costs.Costs cannot be inherited with different arguments: <> and <mage.abilities.costs.Cost>
LoneFox
Programmer

Postby jeffwadsworth » 23 Jul 2015, 16:18

Source from July 23, 2015. Java 1.7 and 1.8 both tried. This error occurs during a build attempt:

mage/abilities/costs/OptionalAdditionalCostImpl.java:[35,8] mage.abilities.costs.Costs cannot be inherited with different arguments: <> and <mage.abilities.costs.Cost>

If no one else has seen it, I will just start over. It happens on 2 dev computers.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby fireshoes » 23 Jul 2015, 16:56

LoneFox also reported that problem in the bug thread. Guessing it has to do with the change LevelX made yesterday to support multiple costs for one kicker ability (Added Dwarven Landslide).
fireshoes

Postby LevelX » 23 Jul 2015, 17:54

I committed a fix for the problem.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Simown » 23 Jul 2015, 22:26

I use IntelliJ for my development and it works fine. Rather than run make with all the launch configurations, I usually do a "mvn clean install -DskipTests" after I pull from the mage repository from the command line (which you can launch from inside IntelliJ) and issue a "mvn install -DskipTests" after development to test changes server side, client side I usually just let IntelliJ handle the compiling. Mage.Sets can cause a few issues in this area with memory. The link LevelX provided has most of the information you need about generally setting up any environment.

I did notice that OptionalAdditionalCostImpl wasn't compiling, but fixed soon after I looked. It's all good now it seems.

If you have further issues with IntelliJ and the project, I should be able to help.
~Simown
Simown

Postby hotel » 25 Jul 2015, 04:15

So are we just supposed to keep adding memory to the heap/stack until it can compile mage-sets? That just seems... wrong...

I'm already allotting 3GB to each, and it's still not compiling

edit: I guess as a stopgap I can try installing netbeans, which is a shame because I really like intellij
hotel

Postby LevelX » 25 Jul 2015, 06:33

hotel wrote:So are we just supposed to keep adding memory to the heap/stack until it can compile mage-sets? That just seems... wrong...

I'm already allotting 3GB to each, and it's still not compiling

edit: I guess as a stopgap I can try installing netbeans, which is a shame because I really like intellij
I can only say with Netbeans/Maven it builds with 512KB (but needs a lot of time).
Using more memory with the "Env.MAVEN_OPTS=-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m" in the project properties speeds up the process a lot.

Why IntelliJ not even can compile it with 3 GB is beyond my mind.

And you really raised the memory used for the maven controlled compiling? (Maybe that is different in IntelliJ). Because in Netbeans it's handled with a different setting and it looks like for IntelliJ it's the same.
Compiler runs in a separate JVM by default so IDEA heap settings that you set in idea.vmoptions have no effect on compiler.
Look here for example: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8581501/how-can-i-give-the-intellij-compiler-more-heap-space
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby hotel » 25 Jul 2015, 09:05

(I'm probably just really bad at maven)
As far as I could tell, I stuck the maven_opts in the right place in intellij, but the interface is so different from netbeans (and therefore the one described on the github wiki), I wasn't really sure.
I'll probably finish up testing my current project in netbeans before trying to work out intellij's fiddly bits though.
hotel

Postby klayhamn » 28 Jul 2015, 21:28

I don't know why but it seems like in my IntelliJ its using javac rather than Maven to build the project
So to increase the memory I had to go to Settings -> Compiler (top) -> "Build process heap size (Mbytes)" and change the value from the default 700 to 1400+

Is there a way to tell it to build with maven instead of javac? or am I completely misunderstanding it?
klayhamn

Return to Developers Talk